The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

ROYAL HOLLOWAY: Your experiences...

Hey world. :cool:

Does anyone have any experiences about Royal Holloway university? How is the location for you, is it too rural? Or is the proximity to the greatest city on Earth (no... not Slough) a game changer? Feel free to comment :smile:
Original post by PunjabiCookie

Does anyone have any experiences about Royal Holloway university? How is the location for you, is it too rural? Or is the proximity to the greatest city on Earth (no... not Slough) a game changer? Feel free to comment :smile:

Hi PunjabiCookie,

I'm a graduate from Royal Holloway where I studied Drama and Theatre Studies and really enjoyed my time studying. I was an international student so location was really important to me. Since Royal Holloway is only 40 minutes from London by train, I was often in the city to see shows, visit galleries or just to hang out with friends. Equally, the local area has plenty to offer from shopping in Staines, being a tourist in Windsor, going to Thorpe Park, having a picnic at Virginia Water Lake or joining a pub quiz in Egham.

On campus, there are over 140 clubs and societies to take part in. I was an active member of the Musical Theatre society and Savoy Opera society and was able to participate in shows, socials and society meetings throughout the year. I really found it to be the best of both worlds with a campus environment, but close to the city.

What course are you interested in studying?

Susana :smile:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi PunjabiCookie,

I'm a graduate from Royal Holloway where I studied Drama and Theatre Studies and really enjoyed my time studying. I was an international student so location was really important to me. Since Royal Holloway is only 40 minutes from London by train, I was often in the city to see shows, visit galleries or just to hang out with friends. Equally, the local area has plenty to offer from shopping in Staines, being a tourist in Windsor, going to Thorpe Park, having a picnic at Virginia Water Lake or joining a pub quiz in Egham.

On campus, there are over 140 clubs and societies to take part in. I was an active member of the Musical Theatre society and Savoy Opera society and was able to participate in shows, socials and society meetings throughout the year. I really found it to be the best of both worlds with a campus environment, but close to the city.

What course are you interested in studying?

Hi there. :smile:.

I'm interested in studying Geography. I live quite close to the uni (but not too close) and feel the vibe is good there.

I'm a second year right now, studying English and Creative Writing. :redface: I've had a pretty good time of it so far, I think! The campus is a good location in my opinion -- it's close enough to London and Staines etc that you don't feel like you're completely isolated from the rest of the world, but it's small and personable enough to feel like its own place that kind of goes at its own pace, I guess. I'm from the Isle of Wight, so I probably have slightly different experiences from other mainland students, but RHUL feels like it's got just the right amount of.... bustle. :tongue: I walk into Egham every few days, go to Staines once a month or so, and London is more of a special occasion thing -- but it's close enough that I feel like I definitely could go more, if that makes sense! If you have any questions about studying at RHUL, hit me up -- I'm always around on TSR.
Hi there. :smile:.

I'm interested in studying Geography. I live quite close to the uni (but not too close) and feel the vibe is good there.

Hi PunjabiCookie,

If you haven't already, I would definitely recommend attending an Open Day. Our next one is this Saturday 13 October and you can book your place here. The Department of Geography will be holding two talks during the day introducing you to the department and a mini lecture so you can experience life as a Geography student.

Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi PunjabiCookie,

If you haven't already, I would definitely recommend attending an Open Day. Our next one is this Saturday 13 October and you can book your place here. The Department of Geography will be holding two talks during the day introducing you to the department and a mini lecture so you can experience life as a Geography student.

Thanks. I have already booked it and can't wait to go!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending