The Student Room Group

Chazza's Guide to Boondoggling

Scroll to see replies

(Original post by Charlie Hitchins)i mean technically i got about 6 and a half hours which isn't too bad but yeah, I'm gonna try not to stay up so late tonight.

i love harry potter, I'm planning a harry potter marathon for my birthday january time!

My birthday’s in January too! :five:
good idea :yep:
a fellow piano and flute player!! hello ^-^

no, you're not the only one who gets scared of a3 :smile: it's pretty intimidating, probably because if you need to use a3 it'll mean a lot of work :tongue:

but i'm glad you're doing alright!

i'm fresh out of gcse years, so i can try to give you tips/advice wherever needed, in general and in any subjects we may have in common

oh, and i'd like to be tagged :smile:
Original post by Charlie Hitchins
so relatable! procrastinating as well is something i excel in… like doing this blog..

:rofl: wish I could get an A* in procrastination...
Original post by laurawatt
My birthday’s in January too! :five:
good idea :yep:

aw no my birthdays in december but i gave up chocolate and sweets this year so I'm having the party in january so i can celebrate my reunion with chocolate!
aw no my birthdays in december but i gave up chocolate and sweets this year so I'm having the party in january so i can celebrate my reunion with chocolate!

That’s a great idea!! (Also well done for keeping up that resolution for so long!)
That’s a great idea!! (Also well done for keeping up that resolution for so long!)

thanks, i have had the occasional dream of eating chocolate :dipsy:but I'm getting by on sniffing chocolate wrappers etc
7/10/18
today I only stayed up till about 12 or 1 so pat on the back for that I think. but that was partly because I finished the series!
ive got three quarters of the geography done today which is ok. it was due in last Friday so I rest need to finish it today or tomorrow.
im trying to start a revision timetable tomorrow so well see how that goes.
(let me know if you want to be tagged or untagged) @euphrosynay @laurawatt @emilynxlan @nyxnko_ @CosmicDust
20181007_160845-compressed.jpg.jpeg
(edited 5 years ago)
That is very pretty :love:
Original post by nyxnko_
That is very pretty :love:

thanks, its taken me about 3 hours though :banghead:
thanks, its taken me about 3 hours though :banghead:

awww.. as long as you get the content, it's all good :yes:
I am a part time tutor and after seeing your grades and ambitions, I can see you going far. Keep on working hard and you would definately reach the target grades on the respective subjects. Keep it up
Original post by AmbroseOvelo
I am a part time tutor and after seeing your grades and ambitions, I can see you going far. Keep on working hard and you would definately reach the target grades on the respective subjects. Keep it up

thanks! i hope you're right! most of my teachers think I'm aiming too high and don't want me to be disappointed with lower grades if it doesn't go well on the day. thanks for the motivation :smile:
8/10/18
long day today so just changing the name of the thread to something more original.
good news is i finished the geography and my english teacher said last week's homework i gave in was pretty good so that's encouraged me slightly.

i love the word boondoggle…

Spoiler

@euphrosynay @laurawatt @emilynxlan @nyxnko_ @CosmicDust
(edited 5 years ago)
I like the name change, and that poster is so pretty!
I like the name change, and that poster is so pretty!

thanks. we get one for each topic in geography to sum up what we've be in taught into one space. its meant to take about an hour but I'm a bit of a perfectionist so it takes me 3 or 4 😁
haha at least you won't bring my grade boundaries up then! :lol:

i found out today that I'm actually doing the ocr music syllabus. probably something i should know by now but nvm :biggrin:
9/10/18
yesterday was pretty busy: i had to walk the dog and i help out at cub scouts in the evening as a young leader but overall, it wasn't too bad. had a meeting with my tutor about my report which was pretty standard, he's new this year so isn't used to me not being ecstatic with my grades, they're just kinda normal for me. i got some english lit done too on an inspector calls

10/10/18
no revision today because i had a doctor's appointment and we got stuck in traffic on the way back. didn't get back till about 6 ish and didn't really feel like studying afterwards. should be getting my november mock exam timetable this week or next so i can really sort out my revision according to what's coming up first.

found a new word today: acerbic - adjective - (especially of a comment or style of speaking) sharp and forthright.

@euphrosynay @laurawatt @emilynxlan @nyxnko_ @CosmicDust
(edited 5 years ago)
fun fact: the word 'acerbic' is related to the latin 'acerbus', meaning 'bitter' :biggrin:
Original post by euphrosynay
fun fact: the word 'acerbic' is related to the latin 'acerbus', meaning 'bitter' :biggrin:

cool! we used it in english to describe the inspector in an inspector calls so that kinda gives it a new meaning
13/10/18
sorry for the lack of posts the last few days. i've been struggling a bit mentally with stuff, including revision. but today i got quite a bit done. i've stuck to my revision timetable every day this week bar wednesday so that side of things has gone well. felt quite motivated and energised today, which is odd seeing as i stayed up till 12 (not netflix - promise:h:) and woke up at 7.

Music

Spoiler

anyone got any suggestions for ocr music revision?

Physics

Spoiler

what other YouTube channels do you guys recommend?

Food Technology

Spoiler

that's it for now. my posts, as you may have gathered, will probably be slightly random but that kinda sums me up!

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending