The Student Room Group

Year 13- Revision

Hi there,

I study the following 3 A- Levels:
- English Literature
- Psychology
- Sociology

Has anyone started proper revision?? Does anybody have any tips on how to prioritise A- Level revision? It’s slightly a lot because you have to re visit the AS content alongside learning the A2 content. How do you do your revision for both??

Any advice?
Thanks
Ayy I’m doing the exact same subjects as you and I’m in year 13. I’m struggling so much to balance both As and A2 :/ was just gonna ask the same question.
Original post by theuncannyshi
Ayy I’m doing the exact same subjects as you and I’m in year 13. I’m struggling so much to balance both As and A2 :/ was just gonna ask the same question.

Oh ok... that’s nice. I have someone who does the same subjects! What topics do you study in Sociology and Psychology? What texts are you studying for English Literature?
I am struggling to balance both but I don’t know how to overcome it... any suggestions?
It’s actually quite difficult because on one hand you are learning new content but then at the same time you must re visit the old content. Do you make notes?? How do you revise for each subject??
How’s the coursework going for English?? We have started it since May and have a completed draft almost, it just needs tightening up and need to add a few more critics in.

By by the way it was nice to hear from someone who is in the same shoes as you, not in a bad way but in the sense that I’m not alone struggling with the AS and A2 content.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by SnowyOwl2505
Oh ok... that’s nice. I have someone who does the same subjects! What topics do you study in Sociology and Psychology? What texts are you studying for English Literature?
I am struggling to balance both but I don’t know how to overcome it... any suggestions?
It’s actually quite difficult because on one hand you are learning new content but then at the same time you must re visit the old content. Do you make notes?? How do you revise for each subject??

Hiws the coursework going for English?? We have started it since May and have a completed draft almost, it just needs tightening up and need to add a few more critics in.

By by the way it was nice to hear from someone who is in the same shoes as you, not in a bad way but in the sense that I’m not alone struggling with the AS and A2 content.

Haha same finally found someone with the same struggle. I do AQA for psychology and sociology and in psych we’re doing A2 research methods and biopsychology & for A2 sociology I’m doing crime and deviance and religion. For English lit I do OCR and we’ve only just started the coursework and I handed my first draft in a week ago. My coursework is on Jerusalem the play.
And tbh I’m struggling a lot to balance it, I have been told that last year students revisited As every 2 weeks and kept at that while learning A2. I’ve only just started my notes for one of my topics :/. Also I’m acc really lazy so I’ve fallen behind got to make a timetable of when to study what in order to keep up!
Haha same finally found someone with the same struggle. I do AQA for psychology and sociology and in psych we’re doing A2 research methods and biopsychology & for A2 sociology I’m doing crime and deviance and religion. For English lit I do OCR and we’ve only just started the coursework and I handed my first draft in a week ago. My coursework is on Jerusalem the play.
And tbh I’m struggling a lot to balance it, I have been told that last year students revisited As every 2 weeks and kept at that while learning A2. I’ve only just started my notes for one of my topics :/. Also I’m acc really lazy so I’ve fallen behind got to make a timetable of when to study what in order to keep up!

Yh I know. We do the same topics in sociology. At the moment we have started religion, then moving on to research methods and finally crime and deviance! What topics did you study for AS Sociology?? I do AQA for psychology and sociology so we are on the same boat :-)
For English Literature we also do AQA i find OCR slightly more strict with their markings etc. With your coursework did you not compare it to another text?
When I get lazy I make myself think that this will be the last opportunity to improve and get the grades. If it helps you think of it that way! :-)
Yh I know. We do the same topics in sociology. At the moment we have started religion, then moving on to research methods and finally crime and deviance! What topics did you study for AS Sociology?? I do AQA for psychology and sociology so we are on the same boat :-)
For English Literature we also do AQA i find OCR slightly more strict with their markings etc. With your coursework did you not compare it to another text?
When I get lazy I make myself think that this will be the last opportunity to improve and get the grades. If it helps you think of it that way! :-)

Same! Like a levels to me are more important then GCSEs and to some extent a degree and I really want to well in them, hopefully we both do!
And yeah for English lit we answer a question about the play and then we do a comparison with a book we’ve done and an unseen book. :smile:
For as sociology we did education and family last year wby?
Same! Like a levels to me are more important then GCSEs and to some extent a degree and I really want to well in them, hopefully we both do!
And yeah for English lit we answer a question about the play and then we do a comparison with a book we’ve done and an unseen book. :smile:
For as sociology we did education and family last year wby?

I hope all of us sitting our A- levels exams pass. If you don’t mind me asking what degree are you applying for??
For Sociology we did education, families and households and research methods! How do you revise for Sociology??
I hope all of us sitting our A- levels exams pass. If you don’t mind me asking what degree are you applying for??
For Sociology we did education, families and households and research methods! How do you revise for Sociology??

🙌🏽 true. And I’m applying for criminology, wby?
For sociology last year I didn’t revise at all and didnt pay attention in class. I then stupidly revised by reading the booklet on the day or hour before the exam, luckily I came out with an A thou! What about you ?
🙌🏽 true. And I’m applying for criminology, wby?
For sociology last year I didn’t revise at all and didnt pay attention in class. I then stupidly revised by reading the booklet on the day or hour before the exam, luckily I came out with an A thou! What about you ?

Yep I know. Oh ok I’m applying for Psychology! Are you moving away from home or applying within your area? Oh reallyyy... that must have been a miracle. I enjoy the education topic of sociology but I didn’t like families and households.
Year 13 is not even that stressful, im doing it now and I’ve started revision.
Yep I know. Oh ok I’m applying for Psychology! Are you moving away from home or applying within your area? Oh reallyyy... that must have been a miracle. I enjoy the education topic of sociology but I didn’t like families and households.

I thought of applying to psychology at one point but decided criminology was best for me! Tbh I really want to go Manchester bc I don’t live far, I have considered moving out but don’t think I would. Wby? Yeah didn’t like families but education was ok. I prefer religion and crime and deviance now
I thought of applying to psychology at one point but decided criminology was best for me! Tbh I really want to go Manchester bc I don’t live far, I have considered moving out but don’t think I would. Wby? Yeah didn’t like families but education was ok. I prefer religion and crime and deviance now

Oh ok. You could have applied for joint honours in criminology and psychology that would have been interesting. I’m not moving away from home I want to stay local. Same! I didn’t like the families and households topic and I preferred education more. I find religion okay too it’s not too bad. Have you done religion? We started with religion!
Oh ok. You could have applied for joint honours in criminology and psychology that would have been interesting. I’m not moving away from home I want to stay local. Same! I didn’t like the families and households topic and I preferred education more. I find religion okay too it’s not too bad. Have you done religion? We started with religion!

Yeah i decided that criminology was better for me although I do like it at a level rn. Same I don’t wanna move away tbh don’t wanna travel far either. Yeah just started religion a month ago alongside crime and deviance I like them both tbh!
Yeah i decided that criminology was better for me although I do like it at a level rn. Same I don’t wanna move away tbh don’t wanna travel far either. Yeah just started religion a month ago alongside crime and deviance I like them both tbh!

Oh ok that’s nice at least you have an idea of what you’d like to do? What would you like to do after your criminology degree?? Same! I don’t want to move away from home or travel a lot, it’s hectic. We’ve started religion and are starting crime and deviance later! Do you have two teachers one that teaches you religion and the other that teaches you crime and deviance?
Oh ok that’s nice at least you have an idea of what you’d like to do? What would you like to do after your criminology degree?? Same! I don’t want to move away from home or travel a lot, it’s hectic. We’ve started religion and are starting crime and deviance later! Do you have two teachers one that teaches you religion and the other that teaches you crime and deviance?

Yeah I’ve got many options such as the police, a detective or intelligence services. Wby? Yeah I have two teachers one teaching religion the other teaching crime and deviance.
Yeah I’ve got many options such as the police, a detective or intelligence services. Wby? Yeah I have two teachers one teaching religion the other teaching crime and deviance.

Yh I thought so! You’ll get through the content quicker that means... hope it all goes well for you!!
Yh I thought so! You’ll get through the content quicker that means... hope it all goes well for you!!

Yep! Aww thanks! Hope it goes well for you too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest