The Student Room Group
University of York
York

BSC biological science or BSC genetics

As title suggest
(edited 5 years ago)
If u want a job in genetics then just go for the Genetics Bsc? Genetics is a growing area atm and with new discoveries made in the field, e.g. in epigenetics, I'm sure that there's gonna be a lot of jobs and definitely a space for u to make ur name in the genetics field
University of York
York
Genetic engineering is also something I really want to do, however I'm applying to Biological sciences. It's just because if you do it this way, you get to explore many more other modules that you haven't considered before and after all, you might actually decide that you like something else more than you like genetics. And at the end, if you still prefer genetics more thsn everything else, you can always do master's degree in genetics 😊
Original post by Fizzyfuz
I have decided to apply for both in the end with different universities. I already sent my application though and asked on the forum if I could edit it to add biological science. Does anybody know? Also do I need to change my personal statement as it was all about genetics.

Yeah you can definitely change your choices/course after you send it off, I had to change one of my choices recently 😂 it just has to be no later than 2 weeks after you sent it off, I think. But i don't think you can change your personal statement at this stage now, although I don't think they would mind if it's all about genetics. In my personal statement I talked about my main interests which are neuroscience and genetics so it should be fine 🤷🏼*♀️
And what unis are you applying to?
Original post by Fizzyfuz
Thank you. I am applying to York and Teesside. Teesside already told me they would take me if I do human biology and pass with open university which I did. Not sure about York university though.

York is my first choice! It says on their website that they do accept Human Biology instead of Biology 😄 but you also need to be doing one of these subjects: Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Geography, Environmental Science, Psychology, Statistics or Computer Science

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending