The Student Room Group

Best Revision Guides For GCSEs?

Hi at the moment i'm in year 10 and i'm aiming to get a 9 in all of my subjects.
Anyone know what revision guides I should get?

The subjects i'm taking are:
English lit + language (I have a scholastic revision guide for them both but i'm not sure if they are any good)
Maths (again I have a scholastic revision guide but i'm not sure about it + i'm doing further maths which I don't have a guide for)
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
(For sciences I have collins revision guides but i'm not sure if they are good)
French (I have a cgp revision guide)
Business
Computer Science
Geography

Also if you can think of any other good resources please let me know :smile:
CGP are good for science too, you can buy the big books for either triple (separate) or combined science, that way you’ll still learn everything you need to!

English Literature I used CGP i purchased one for each of the books i was studying and the poetry!

For maths, I bought Pearson target books (Specific for the grade you want to achieve)!

Hope this helps 💙
Reply 2
Original post by hollybopkins
CGP are good for science too, you can buy the big books for either triple (separate) or combined science, that way you’ll still learn everything you need to!

English Literature I used CGP i purchased one for each of the books i was studying and the poetry!

For maths, I bought Pearson target books (Specific for the grade you want to achieve)!

Hope this helps 💙

Yeah the CGP guides I have are really good,
I'll have to try the Pearson books for maths
Cheers
Original post by gowen08
Yeah the CGP guides I have are really good,
I'll have to try the Pearson books for maths
Cheers

No worries
Original post by gowen08
Hi at the moment i'm in year 10 and i'm aiming to get a 9 in all of my subjects.
Anyone know what revision guides I should get?

The subjects i'm taking are:
English lit + language (I have a scholastic revision guide for them both but i'm not sure if they are any good)
Maths (again I have a scholastic revision guide but i'm not sure about it + i'm doing further maths which I don't have a guide for)
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
(For sciences I have collins revision guides but i'm not sure if they are good)
French (I have a cgp revision guide)
Business
Computer Science
Geography

Also if you can think of any other good resources please let me know :smile:

The oxford one for geography is really good, either the textbook or the revision guide, I had both and they are both about the same except the textbook has lots of extra practise questions (the revision guide does too, the textbook just has more)

To be honest, for biology, chemistry and physics I just used freesciencelessons on YouTube for the whole of my science revision plus exam questions, I had the Collins revision guides too and I didn’t think they were very good

Quick Reply