The Student Room Group

I haven't slept in 2 days, and as a result spent nearly 1k on a mobile game again

Save me from my boyfriend's wrath. The damn thing is so addicting. And sleep deprivation makes me reckless.
: (
Wish I could stop playing but I can't leave my guild mates, lol.

Scroll to see replies

:gasp:
Reply 2
Original post by CoolCavy
:gasp:

In my defence, some people I know spend 10k a month on it. But my boyfriend always makes a fuss and says it's no better than gambling.
Reply 3
Sorry, but all I can suggest is dropping it completely, explaining to your online comrades all you can about real life coming first...it's far more easier said than done...but games like that are exactly designed to draw you as much as possible for £££ etc. ...so don't fall for the trap! I'm sure there's some cool stuff you could do with your time and money elsewhere right?

Take care
Surprised he doesn't clip you.
Reply 5
Original post by Love for Love
Sorry, but all I can suggest is dropping it completely, explaining to your online comrades all you can about real life coming first...it's far more easier said than done...but games like that are exactly designed to draw you as much as possible for £££ etc. ...so don't fall for the trap! I'm sure there's some cool stuff you could do with your time and money elsewhere right?

Take care

Yup, that's true. BUT it's soooo fun. Plus you get to meet tons of new people, eh.
Blowing £1000 on a Mobile game over 2 day shows a lack of control over your own money. Impulsive spending is never a good thing. It would make more sense investing or saving the money and put it to better uses.
what game?
Reply 8
Original post by Notoriety
Surprised he doesn't clip you.

Lmao.

I think you would enjoy this game, too. Because, from all your posts, I can tell you have a sadistic streak. You get to kill other people's troops and watch them cry about it (especially if they are free to play players). Lol.
Reply 9
Original post by isiaiah d
what game?

Currently Game of war.
Reply 10
Original post by DieselGate
Blowing £1000 on a Mobile game over 2 day shows a lack of control over your own money. Impulsive spending is never a good thing. It would make more sense investing or saving the money and put it to better uses.

What's the point of saving. What if you die, like tomorrow.
Threads on SR make me laugh .you messed up and are trying to justify it. £1k in two days is not good at all. Same with the cheating posts, they always try to justify it.
Original post by Ciel.
Currently Game of war.

I've heard of it, have you tried not having your cards/PayPal linked to your phone? Will give you at least more time to think about it before you do it.
Reply 13
Original post by MrMusician95
Threads on SR make me laugh .you messed up and are trying to justify it. £1k in two days is not good at all. Same with the cheating posts, they always try to justify it.

Well, it's not that big of a deal, it wasn't 10k or anything. But when I'm sleep deprived, I get super *****y and love to ***** about all my problems.
Original post by Ciel.

Read this back to me (through your tears) when you're 78...

A
Original post by Ciel.

And what if you don't? And you have to work until you're 90.
Original post by Ciel.
Well, it's not that big of a deal, it wasn't 10k or anything. But when I'm sleep deprived, I get super *****y and love to ***** about all my problems.

£1k isn't a big deal? You must be rich. You must have a good job!
Reply 17
Original post by isiaiah d
I've heard of it, have you tried not having your cards/PayPal linked to your phone? Will give you at least more time to think about it before you do it.

Impossible, I buy stuff very often, so it would be too inconvenient. :s-smilie:
Reply 18
Original post by Mr Aitch
Read this back to me (through your tears) when you're 78...

A

Original post by MrMusician95
And what if you don't? And you have to work until you're 90.

Lol, no, I want to die in my 30s.
Original post by Ciel.
Lol, no, I want to die in my 30s.

Seriously, what's your job if you have £1k to blow overnight. I need a career change.

Quick Reply

Latest