The Student Room Group

Tesco seasonal job

Got interview on Monday - what do they ask and can i work on the days I want? Is it a 0 hours contract or what?

Thanks in advance
I applied for Tesco as well and got interview on Wednesday, I want to know too
Original post by Wooord
I applied for Tesco as well and got interview on Wednesday, I want to know too

Nice, are we accepted already or do they decide after the interview? They asked for my passport so have we already been accepted?

Where ya located? I'm south west
Original post by TheYearNiner
Nice, are we accepted already or do they decide after the interview? They asked for my passport so have we already been accepted?

Where ya located? I'm south west

Yep and I think they decide after the interview they asked for our passports to prove we are can work in the UK I think ? And I’m in West Yorkshire, Bradford
I already work in JD but the tesco pay way better
They'll ask standard interview questions. They'll probably already have the days and hours they'll want you to work but they may be flexible depending on how many staff they have. As for the contract that's something you'll have to ask them.
They ask general questions mostly related to customer service, if you have previous job experience these will be questions like "Name a time you went the extra mile for a customer" "Give an example of exceptional customer service" etc. As for hours, you will most likely be asked to fill in a form which states what hours of what days you are available to work, and you will be asked on the form how many hours you'd like to do (e.g. 10-20 hours). The contracts Tesco give out are what's called "flexi-hour contracts", this basically means you will be given fixed hours on certain days per week, but you may also be asked to come in to do overtime, you don't have to say yes to overtime everytime they ask, but it is considered a breach of the flexi contract if you consistently say no to overtime (although you are not likely to be sacked for saying no, and you may not be asked for overtime much - depends on the store). When you fill out your form it will also ask what the maximum number of hours you're willing to work per week is, and so if you're contracted for 15 hours but you put on your form the maximum number of hours you're willing to work per week is 20, then you can't be expected to and wont be in breach of contract for not doing more than 5 hours of overtime per week (though that certainly doesn't mean they won't ask for more - just be willing to say no if you don't want to). It could be the case that these contracts are different for seasonal workers but I don't believe they are.

I've worked at Tesco for about a year now and that's what I remember of the interview. It's a good job though and pays pretty well, good luck at the interview!
Original post by -_alex_-
They ask general questions mostly related to customer service, if you have previous job experience these will be questions like "Name a time you went the extra mile for a customer" "Give an example of exceptional customer service" etc. As for hours, you will most likely be asked to fill in a form which states what hours of what days you are available to work, and you will be asked on the form how many hours you'd like to do (e.g. 10-20 hours). The contracts Tesco give out are what's called "flexi-hour contracts", this basically means you will be given fixed hours on certain days per week, but you may also be asked to come in to do overtime, you don't have to say yes to overtime everytime they ask, but it is considered a breach of the flexi contract if you consistently say no to overtime (although you are not likely to be sacked for saying no, and you may not be asked for overtime much - depends on the store). When you fill out your form it will also ask what the maximum number of hours you're willing to work per week is, and so if you're contracted for 15 hours but you put on your form the maximum number of hours you're willing to work per week is 20, then you can't be expected to and wont be in breach of contract for not doing more than 5 hours of overtime per week (though that certainly doesn't mean they won't ask for more - just be willing to say no if you don't want to). It could be the case that these contracts are different for seasonal workers but I don't believe they are.

I've worked at Tesco for about a year now and that's what I remember of the interview. It's a good job though and pays pretty well, good luck at the interview!

How long do I need to wait for them to contact me after my interview? They said 2 weeks but ASDA took 5 days to come back after interview so idk
How long do I need to wait for them to contact me after my interview? They said 2 weeks but ASDA took 5 days to come back after interview so idk

It can vary from store to store, I got a call a few hours after the interview but this was because when I had an interview the store I now work at hadn't yet opened, and so they needed to hire and induct staff quickly before the store opening. A friend of mine works at a smaller tesco which was already opened and when he had his interview I believe he was waiting over a week to hear back from them, it might've been longer though. Really it depends on the demands of the store but it could definitely be up to 2 weeks. If they accept you then they arrange a 2 day induction which is usually done with other new starters (though again this varies on the size of the store). If you haven't heard back from them yet it might just be because they're still interviewing more people and are waiting to hold the induction day until they have more hires to save time.
Got interview on Monday - what do they ask and can i work on the days I want? Is it a 0 hours contract or what?

Thanks in advance

hope u get that money, bro
Original post by Bang Outta Order
hope u get that money, bro

Thanks my man!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending