The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Are you sure? Have you never seen a 3 old wearing their hair in a slutty way?
Warped mentally .
Western brands should not be encouraging this
I’ve never even seen a child wear a hijab ?? M&S is trying way too hard
I could use that for Halloween this year. Thanks for the link.
Reply 6
Original post by Underscore__
Are you sure? Have you never seen a 3 old wearing their hair in a slutty way?

Why would that cross your mind? :eyebrow:
Private company selling products in response to perceived customer demand? That's capitalism for you.
Original post by Violet Femme
Private company selling products in response to perceived customer demand? That's capitalism for you.

It’s nothing more than pandering.
Reply 9
in the Telegraph --

'An M&S spokesman said, "We provide bespoke uniforms for 250 schools across the country and they tell us which items they need as part of their school uniform list. For a number of schools this year, they requested the option of the hijab.'

so they're supposed to say no? personally, i don't expect department stores to be the source or the police of my morality. it's not their job.
Original post by Joleee
in the Telegraph --

'An M&S spokesman said, "We provide bespoke uniforms for 250 schools across the country and they tell us which items they need as part of their school uniform list. For a number of schools this year, they requested the option of the hijab.'

so they're supposed to say no? personally, i don't expect department stores to be the source or the police of my morality. it's not their job.

It was a request... it’s not like M&S had a gun to their head - they could have said no.

Hijabs for 3 year olds. Just brilliant.
Reply 11
Original post by Occitanie
It was a request... it’s not like M&S had a gun to their head - they could have said no.

Hijabs for 3 year olds. Just brilliant.

if you had read my link it says as young as 9 - not 3. not like that's here nor there.

of course M&S could have said no, but it's not their job to be the moral police. way too left wing for me.
First of all, if a parent decides to make their 3 year old wear a scarf, then so be it. It's for religous purposes, so I don't see why so many people are hating, does it really affect your life? We should just accept different faith's and if clothing stores are supporting this then so should we. Being judgemental does not get you anywhere in life.
Original post by Joleee
if you had read my link it says as young as 9 - not 3. not like that's here nor there.

of course M&S could have said no, but it's not their job to be the moral police. way too left wing for me.

3, 9, what difference does it make - they’re still children.

Why should a 9-year-old be modest?
Reply 14
3, 9, what difference does it make - they’re still children.

Why should a 9-year-old be modest?

it's not my decision to make nor is it Marks and Spencer. that's the point.
Original post by Joleee
it's not my decision to make nor is it Marks and Spencer. that's the point.

Ludicrous.

INB4 Mothercare starts selling Hijab prams.
It’s nothing more than pandering.

No, it was commercial decision taken by one of the country's leading school uniform providers.

Stop it with the manufactured outraged over the decision by a company to sell a piece of clothing. You sound like a SJW.
Original post by Violet Femme
No, it was commercial decision taken by one of the country's leading school uniform providers.

Stop it with the manufactured outraged over the decision by a company to sell a piece of clothing. You sound like a SJW.

Except I’m trying to have a discussion, and I’m simply questioning their decision to release the item of clothing.

What’s wrong with that?
Original post by needsleep
First of all, if a parent decides to make their 3 year old wear a scarf, then so be it. It's for religous purposes, so I don't see why so many people are hating, does it really affect your life? We should just accept different faith's and if clothing stores are supporting this then so should we. Being judgemental does not get you anywhere in life.

You think we should blindly accept what people do for religious purposes? How about those that make child sacrifices? And yes, they do still exist. Religion is merely institutionalised superstition and harmful behaviour under the guise of religion is not acceptable.

The real problem here is that British schools (no doubt ones with a largely or exclusively Islamic catchment) are encouraging parents to place children in such clothing. That M & S is foolishly abetting them is secondary.

Being judgemental is a key attribute, by the way. I, for one, do not wish cross the road when a car is coming, nor do I wish to live in a neighbourhood with a high crime rate. I use my judgement to avoid both.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by needsleep

After several thousand years of religion ....blind idiotic faith has run its course .
If however God turns up on the X factor sometime soon then I would wish to withdraw my remarks . Wrapping your head in a blanket or cloth is not going to change this ridiculous ritual one jot .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending