The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

University of royal holloway

Hi
I was wondering will you be able get a offer with grade C in Maths for computer science at royal holloway university. also do they care much about resits or how many time you resit a subject.

Thank you.
Original post by leobarry
Hi
I was wondering will you be able get a offer with grade C in Maths for computer science at royal holloway university. also do they care much about resits or how many time you resit a subject.

Thank you.

Hi leobarry,

The entry requirements for our BSc Computer Science course is A-levels of AAB-ABB with at least one subject being either Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics. We also ask for at least five GCSEs at grade A*-C or 9-4 including English and Mathematics. If you've taken an EPQ alongside your A-levels, the EPQ will be taken into consideration and result in lower A-level grades being required.

If you have extenuating circumstances that resulted in you resitting an exam, we would encourage you to include this in your application. You can also send any additional information about this directly to our Admissions team at [email protected].

Susana :smile:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi leobarry,

The entry requirements for our BSc Computer Science course is A-levels of AAB-ABB with at least one subject being either Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics. We also ask for at least five GCSEs at grade A*-C or 9-4 including English and Mathematics. If you've taken an EPQ alongside your A-levels, the EPQ will be taken into consideration and result in lower A-level grades being required.

If you have extenuating circumstances that resulted in you resitting an exam, we would encourage you to include this in your application. You can also send any additional information about this directly to our Admissions team at [email protected].

Susana :smile:

Thank you so much for your reply.

I was just wondering if some get rejected on their offer at first, can they apply again through ucas clearing at the same uni when they get their result. If they meet the requirements will they have a chance of getting an offer second time.

Thank you.
Reply 3
Original post by leobarry
Thank you so much for your reply.

I was just wondering if some get rejected on their offer at first, can they apply again through ucas clearing at the same uni when they get their result. If they meet the requirements will they have a chance of getting an offer second time.

Thank you.

You might still get an offer even though your predicted grades are too low, just incase you end up doing better than expected. If you are rejected at first but then end up getting the required grades, then I don't see any reason why they wouldn't accept you through adjustment.
Reply 4
Original post by Sint
You might still get an offer even though your predicted grades are too low, just incase you end up doing better than expected. If you are rejected at first but then end up getting the required grades, then I don't see any reason why they wouldn't accept you through adjustment.

I am confident that I will get better then I got predicted. Hopefully they accept me.

Thanks for your reply.

Quick Reply