The Student Room Group

Oxford Fees for overseas students

My friends, I need your help with Oxford fees for overseas students. I read in an article that students who have studied for the last 3 years at school or College in the UK or in one of the EU countries, pay for education at Oxford University as home/EU students. Is it true, will someone advise me? Thank you in advance
Original post by valeriia153
My friends, I need your help with Oxford fees for overseas students. I read in an article that students who have studied for the last 3 years at school or College in the UK or in one of the EU countries, pay for education at Oxford University as home/EU students. Is it true, will someone advise me? Thank you in advance

Hi, are looking to apply for the Tuition Fee loan?

What nationality are you and how long have you lived in the UK for?

Regards, Aisha
Reply 2
Original post by Aisha SFE
Hi, are looking to apply for the Tuition Fee loan?

What nationality are you and how long have you lived in the UK for?

Regards, Aisha

Hello, Aisha!
Yes, but also I read that students who study in the English schools in EU and the UK can pay as 'home' students for courses.
I am Ukrainian and I study at the English college in EU for 4 years. I have visited the UK as a tourist, but not lived there.
Hello, Aisha!
Yes, but also I read that students who study in the English schools in EU and the UK can pay as 'home' students for courses.
I am Ukrainian and I study at the English college in EU for 4 years. I have visited the UK as a tourist, but not lived there.

Hi, you can apply as an EU student for the Tuition Fee loan only as you have been domiciled in the EU for a minimum of 3 years however you must be living in the UK prior to your course start date. More information regarding EU funding can be found here.

To be classed as a Home student to receive the Tuition Fee and the Maintenance Loan you would of need to have been living in the UK for 5 years prior to the start of your academic year as this is not the case then you would need to meet the criteria to apply for Home funding as a Migrant Worker. To apply as a Migrant Worker you would need to be working in the UK throughout your studies earning enough to support yourself financially for the whole academic year.

Alternatively if you don't meet the criteria we can look at EU/EEA or Swiss National family member as the Migrant Worker such as parent or spouse. More information regarding Migrant Worker's can be found here.

If you can give me some more information as to which of the above would be relevant to you, we can let you know how to apply.

Regards, Aisha
Reply 4
Original post by Aisha SFE
Hi, you can apply as an EU student for the Tuition Fee loan only as you have been domiciled in the EU for a minimum of 3 years however you must be living in the UK prior to your course start date. More information regarding EU funding can be found here.

To be classed as a Home student to receive the Tuition Fee and the Maintenance Loan you would of need to have been living in the UK for 5 years prior to the start of your academic year as this is not the case then you would need to meet the criteria to apply for Home funding as a Migrant Worker. To apply as a Migrant Worker you would need to be working in the UK throughout your studies earning enough to support yourself financially for the whole academic year.

Alternatively if you don't meet the criteria we can look at EU/EEA or Swiss National family member as the Migrant Worker such as parent or spouse. More information regarding Migrant Worker's can be found here.

If you can give me some more information as to which of the above would be relevant to you, we can let you know how to apply.

Regards, Aisha

Thank you, Aisha!
Sincerely, Valeriia
Thank you, Aisha!
Sincerely, Valeriia

You're most welcome Valeriia! Enjoy your weekend. :smile:

Regards, Aisha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending