The Student Room Group

Trying to lose some fat!

So I want to lose some fat from my stomach, arms and face aswel as toning the thighs and booty area any tips/ workout plans?!?
Fat loss=calories burnt>calories consumed.
So either cut the amount of calories you eat or increase daily activity.

You honestly don’t need anything complicated it can be as simple as going out for a jog for 30 mins at whatever pace you can. Do this consistently for 4/5 days a week and as you get fitter increase the pace and distance you run.

For your diet reduce calories... if you use full fat milk maybe try semi skimmed. Reduce fats. Butters oils nuts etc and reduce sugars. Sweets, cereals, sauces and juices.

You’ll therefore increase calories burnt and lower calories consumed which will help you lose fat. Consistency is key and don’t start too strict with your diet or exercise as it’ll be difficult to keep up. Be patient and keep at it.

Good luck !
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Haaris Khan
Fat loss=calories burnt>calories consumed.
So either cut the amount of calories you eat or increase daily activity.

You honestly don’t need anything complicated it can be as simple as going out for a jog for 30 mins at whatever pace you can. Do this consistently for 4/5 days a week and as you get fitter increase the pace and distance you run.

For your diet reduce calories... if you use full fat milk maybe try semi skimmed. Reduce fats. Butters oils nuts etc and reduce sugars. Sweets, cereals and juices.

You’ll therefore increase calories burnt and lower calories consumed which will help you lose fat. Consistency is key and don’t start too strict with your diet or exercise as it’ll be difficult to keep up. Be patient and keep at it.

Good luck !

Thankyou 😁 x
Reply 3
Awesome advice by @Haaris Khan

You can lose a lot of weight by sticking to a healthier diet.
Reducing the amount of Carbohydrates you eat (bread, pasta, potato, rice etc) plays a huge role.

Also, try Cardiovascular exercises such as walking, swimming, running, rowing etc.
For this to be effective though, you have to do each exercise for a minumum of 20minutes.

Just remember to look after yourself though!!
Slow and steady is the best way to go.
Good Luck!!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by mnnbv
Awesome advice by @Haaris Khan

You can lose a lot of weight by sticking to a healthier diet.
Reducing the amount of Carbohydrates you eat (bread, pasta, potato, rice etc) plays a huge role.

Also, try Cardiovascular exercises such as walking, swimming, running, rowing etc.
For this to be effective though, you have to do each exercise for a minumum of 20minutes.

Just remember to look after yourself though!!
Slow and steady is the best way to go.
Good Luck!!

Awesome thanks! I run for an hour,and do 50 crunches 50 sit-ups and some yoga whenever I can but obviously if I don’t keep it up it won’t help
Original post by 2436dexy
Thankyou 😁 x

No problem... I am a A-Level Student, studied a LVL 3 in Personal training also and an aspiring medic. Need any help feel free to PM me! 😊
Hey. I also had this issue. I was the "skinny fat" girl for years. I switched to healthier eating, doing 15 minute cardio sessions and 30 min weight training. I also used all natural supplements to help with all the in-between times when I couldn't make it to the gym or are like crap studying for exams. I swear by them and so do a lot of my friends that tried it with me. Our skin cleared up too and gained so much more energy.
936797DE-B2F9-43C2-B2C6-D9973FF9EAF4.jpg.jpeg
If you want more info, pm me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest