The Student Room Group

I want to propose to my boyfriend but don't know how.

I want to propose to my boyfriend but am a bit unsure on how to go around doing it.

I am looking for any suggestions or guidance to help.

I am a female and I know he wants to propose soon as we have talked about it.

Thank you.

Scroll to see replies

Why not just wait for him to propose

There's no need to be in a hurry, everything happens in time
Original post by Mike Hunt 421
Why not just wait for him to propose

There's no need to be in a hurry, everything happens in time

why should she WAIT for him to propose? she wants to marry him so she can ASK herself she isn't a baby.

OP first of all congrats on finding somebody!! i hope he makes you the happiest

just make sure its really personal and intimate. you dont need to get down on one knee just do whats comfortable for you and what makes you happy xx
Original post by Anonymous
why should she WAIT for him to propose? she wants to marry him so she can ASK herself she isn't a baby.

OP first of all congrats on finding somebody!! i hope he makes you the happiest

just make sure its really personal and intimate. you dont need to get down on one knee just do whats comfortable for you and what makes you happy xx

Because she said he is planning on proposing anyway. Calm down you warrior
If you know he's planning to propose then why not wait? You may ruin something special he's had in the works and that could be irritating for him.
Reply 5
my advice would be never propose to a guy, wait for him to come forward first
Reply 6
At the right romantic moment, perhaps even one you have engineered, say 'let's get married'. Just like us guys do. What could be simpler..
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by fatima17k

1) why ??
2) from what OP said it has been on the agenda
Reply 8
I’m all for girls proposing but sometimes it makes the guy feel uncomfortable and especially in more public places. However if he is one of the guys that wouldn’t care then somewhere really pretty and romantic and congratulations on all of it 😁

just go follow your religion in peace and stop spreading your sexist bs on this forum.
This is an example of where feminism is not applied consistently and leads to many people avoiding the feminist label. Practically its no different than how a man would propose.

Can't agree more.
Anyway he is planning for it... so you both kinda agree on marrying each other. I son't really see the need of a "formal" proposal here.
Maybe you could write him something romantic and include " i can't wait to become your wife" or so :smile:
Thanks everyone for the replies and suggestions!
They have been really helpful.
I just wanted to add a bit more context so that people know:
We have talked about either of us proposing to one another and he is absolutly fine with the idea that I can if I want.
We have both decided that we will both have an engagment ring (he wanted to show that he was taken and I want to be able to give him something special, if anyone has any suggestions on where I can get a good quality ring that would be really helpful)

Hope this helps anyone!
Hasn't he already proposed to you, if you've talked about marriage and he's said he's going to propose soon?

I suppose some people like ceremonies. Such as proposal ceremonies. Bending down on one knee and producing a box with a diamond ring in it.
Some people model their lives on what they've seen on film or TV. That's OK. You can be formal if that's what turns you on.
Informal's OK too, as it tends to produce less stress.

The how, when and where you propose are all relatively unimportant. The important bit is WHO you propose to. Get that right and life will be a bed of roses - as much as any life can be. Get it wrong and you've bought a ticket to hell.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Hasn't he already proposed to you, if you've talked about marriage and he's said he's going to propose soon?

I suppose some people like ceremonies. Such as proposal ceremonies. Bending down on one knee and producing a box with a diamond ring in it.
Some people model their lives on what they've seen on film or TV. That's OK. You can be formal if that's what turns you on.
Informal's OK too, as it tends to produce less stress.

The how, when and where you propose are all relatively unimportant. The important bit is WHO you propose to. Get that right and life will be a bed of roses - as much as any life can be. Get it wrong and you've bought a ticket to hell.

Wise words!!
Way to make your man feel like a beta male. I'd say go for it.
Original post by Zarek
1) why ??
2) from what OP said it has been on the agenda

because if anything was to happen between the couple and they end up arguing, it's likely that he'll use it against her
just go follow your religion in peace and stop spreading your sexist bs on this forum.

I'm not being sexist, if you had common sense you would know why it's better to wait for the guy to propose instead of the girl proposing
Can't agree more.
Anyway he is planning for it... so you both kinda agree on marrying each other. I son't really see the need of a "formal" proposal here.
Maybe you could write him something romantic and include " i can't wait to become your wife" or so :smile:

agreed, that would be a better thing to do rather than propose
if anyone has any suggestions on where I can get a good quality ring that would be really helpful

Umm, if you can’t work out how to find a jeweller are you really mature enough to be getting married?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending