The Student Room Group

Atheism vs. Christianity

Why do atheist say stuff like "Christians are mentally disabled" or that we are insane? I have many atheist friends in high school. One is more into it then the others and said that religious people are mentally ill. I obviously exposed him for his beliefs which are foolish. I'm not really a person that starts problems but I will jump on something you say if I disagree, and I am very adamant about my beliefs.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Christian Bro
Why do atheist say stuff like "Christians are mentally disabled" or that we are insane? I have many atheist friends in high school. One is more into it then the others and said that religious people are mentally ill. I obviously exposed him for his beliefs which are foolish. I'm not really a person that starts problems but I will jump on something you say if I disagree, and I am very adamant about my beliefs.

Atheism is a lack of belief .. another thing that the religious, generally, don't understand.

It's daft to claim that religious people are stupid - that's obviously false. We all have illogical beliefs, some more deep-seated than others. IMO, it's religious indoctrination that's the real evil here.
(edited 5 years ago)
You're illogical, not insane. It's somewhat upsetting, given how much science has achieved, IMO.
Original post by RogerOxon
Atheism is a lack of belief ..

It's daft to claim that religious people are stupid - that's obviously false. We all have illogical beliefs, some more deep-seated than others. IMO, it's religious indoctrination that's the real evil here.

Me I believe it's Worldly indoctrination that's the problem. Atheism is a worldly philosophy and religion. It is evil and deadly in nature. All Worldly religions of are evil and not of God, that includes all religions that are not Christianity, many of the Worldly religions even claim to be Christianity but is not, but people just clump us all together, Catholics, Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, Eastern Orthodox, and many others with real Christians. So we get a bad name because of the things those other people did.
Me I believe it's Worldly indoctrination that's the problem. Atheism is a worldly philosophy and religion. It is evil and deadly in nature. All Worldly religions of are evil and not of God, that includes all religions that are not Christianity, many of the Worldly religions even claim to be Christianity but is not, but people just clump us all together, Catholics, Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, Eastern Orthodox, and many others with real Christians. So we get a bad name because of the things those other people did.

Fail. Atheism is neither a religion nor a philosophy - it is a single position on a single issue. How hard can that be to understand?!
(edited 5 years ago)

How,, exactly, is 'I don't believe you', 'evil and deadly'?
I'm willing to place a bet that you talk incessantly about being a Christian when you're at school. When people get annoyed and say something, then you play the victim. Same old.
Fail. Atheism is neither a religion nor a philosophy - it is a single position on a single issue. How hard can that be to understand?!

That my English friend is a lie. You may not realize it yet, but many atheist share a certain world view. They believe in things such as subjective morality or subjective reality. Stuff that goes against the Christian view of an (the) objective which is God. I have seen many atheist state their beliefs and they really are the same. More details later on though.
That my English friend is a lie.

I don't believe you. Try a dictionary.
(edited 5 years ago)
How,, exactly, is 'I don't believe you', 'evil and deadly'?

Because all atheists in have a bias against the gospel. Though they may not believe in other religions, they agree with the philosophy of other religions of the World. Such as the subjective morality/reality philosophy. It is in common with that of many hindus, buddhists, etc etc.
Original post by YaliaV
I'm willing to place a bet that you talk incessantly about being a Christian when you're at school. When people get annoyed and say something, then you play the victim. Same old.

No need to get salty sir/ma'am. I only said I was a Christian and fallow many of the doctrines of the Faith. None were annoyed (I think) but one decided to go full out on his beliefs and said that Christians or people who believe in God or a god were mentally ill, in fact, one of the other atheists told him to "Shut up" or "Shut the *eff* up" when he said that. Besides Christians don't play a victim card, only atheists and other Worldly religions do that.

This is the internet, to be a decent human being, you must 1. Not be a grammar Nazi (especially when people are getting bombarded with comments and are arguing against them all, (alone) where you have all the support you need, 2. Actually make a point instead of proving the other person right by being childish.

Don't believe what my salty atheist friend.
Reply 13
There is a mountain of evidence put towards hypotheses before they become theories (facts). God has no evidence to make a compelling argument, just a book that was written by many people years after events happened and parts cherry-picked to make it what those people wanted. That is not reliable information.

For anyone that says they feel god in their heart or that they have seen or heard him I could just say the same but this god said the Christian one was wrong. You have no proof that hasn't happened so my claim is as valid as yours without proof.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Bio 7
There is a mountain of evidence put towards hypotheses before they become theories (facts). God has no evidence to make a compelling argument, just a book that was written by many people years after events happened and parts cherry-picked to make it what those people wanted. That is not reliable information.

For anyone that says they feel god in their heart or that they have seen or heard him I could just say the same but this god said the Christian one was wrong. You have no proof that hasn't happened so my claim is as valid as yours without proof.

Obviously the only true and reliable evidence for God is his word, but many of the places and and events recorded in the Bible are recorded in the Earth. Like the flood, there are huge layers of earth the size of continents consisting of the same material laying in each layer. There are clam fossils on the top of Mt. Everest. There are petrified trees growing through the different layers of strata in the earth. There are fossils everywhere and fossils are literally made by dead bodies being submerged underwater and being covered up by the sediments. A scientist has even found actual tissue of dinosaurs and blood vessels preserved unto this day, and guess what? Did she get a noble prize for this amazing discovery? Did she get near immeasurable international fame? Was she cemented into the history books as a great pioneer of science for ages to come? No. The person who actually found these amazing discoveries was actually fired like, right of the bat, even though she did not show hints of even going to use it to prove the creation account of Genesis and the flood.
Reply 15
Obviously the only true and reliable evidence for God is his word, but many of the places and and events recorded in the Bible are recorded in the Earth. Like the flood, there are huge layers of earth the size of continents consisting of the same material laying in each layer. There are clam fossils on the top of Mt. Everest. There are petrified trees growing through the different layers of strata in the earth. There are fossils everywhere and fossils are literally made by dead bodies being submerged underwater and being covered up by the sediments. A scientist has even found actual tissue of dinosaurs and blood vessels preserved unto this day, and guess what? Did she get a noble prize for this amazing discovery? Did she get near immeasurable international fame? Was she cemented into the history books as a great pioneer of science for ages to come? No. The person who actually found these amazing discoveries was actually fired like, right of the bat, even though she did not show hints of even going to use it to prove the creation account of Genesis and the flood.

Are you going to provide any sources for these flood claims? Otherwise this is all just made up to help your cause.
Original post by Bio 7
Are you going to provide any sources for these flood claims? Otherwise this is all just made up to help your cause.

Well, I'm a Bible thumper so I have been in most arguments and seen most if not all sides when it comes to defending Christianity. You don't really need sources because you could just look it up and it will be there, and you will have more than plenty options to choose from, but to point you into something that really summarizes it all without having to watch 100's of hours of videos and debates on YouTube, and articles, and Forums, etc etc like I did through out an entire year or two straight, just sit back, get on Netflix, and watch a VERY graphic (not in a bad way) documentary about the creation account of Genesis. It is very well made as they show basically everything and more that I already told you about. It shows even the preserved dinosaur skin of a triceratops I believe, and not only do they show it, they actually even interact with it. It's cool how the skin is still stretchy despite all those years. It's really good, believe me, I would not have told you about it if it was not good. That documentary was a delight to watch.
In my experience, people who are fanatical about anything, especially religion, have something missing in their lives and use religion as:
A crutch to hold them up because they need it to get through life.
A stick to bash children over the head with and frighten them with hell, fire and brimstone.
An astounding arrogance that they are in the right about their beliefs and constantly do this by shoving their beliefs down everyone else’s throat.
Of course, this is my opinion based on my long life experience of being on the receiving end of people who believe that they are better human beings than everyone else based on the fact that ....wait for it.....they are special and anyone who thinks differently will end up as toast.
This is the internet, to be a decent human being, you must 1. Not be a grammar Nazi (especially when people are getting bombarded with comments and are arguing against them all, (alone) where you have all the support you need, 2. Actually make a point instead of proving the other person right by being childish.

The issue is that you are rejecting the definition of Atheism - it isn't what you appear to believe. That may not be convenient for your 'world view', but it's the truth.
(edited 5 years ago)

You can't even present evidence that a god exists, let alone that they (at least second-hand) wrote a book.

There is no evidence for a great flood. Where, exactly, did all this water appear from, and disappear to? Do you know and understand geology? Do you really think that the Scientific community is covering-up evidence?

How old do you claim that the Earth is? Hint: It's not measured in thousands of years ..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending