The Student Room Group

Best way to self learn Physics A level?

Hi,
I've recently started a gap year in which I'll resit my previous A Levels (in math, history, and econ) as well as self-learn two additional subjects (further maths and physics) with the intent of applying for mech engineering in a year from now.
Further maths is going fine. But for physics, what are the best resources (e.g. textbooks, video tutorials) out there? Bear in mind that I have 8 months until exams.
Bump
Probably just get the A-level textbook and learn all the stuff
Original post by Humz007
Hi,
I've recently started a gap year in which I'll resit my previous A Levels (in math, history, and econ) as well as self-learn two additional subjects (further maths and physics) with the intent of applying for mech engineering in a year from now.
Further maths is going fine. But for physics, what are the best resources (e.g. textbooks, video tutorials) out there? Bear in mind that I have 8 months until exams.

Are you sure you want to try to studying the entire A-Levels of 2 difficult subjects? I know that both FM and Physics are important for engineering courses, but why not do an AS in one of them? It would be a lot easier than putting this much pressure on yourself.
Original post by Humz007
Hi,

are you doing the practicals for physics?
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
are you doing the practicals for physics?

I plan to, but haven't got round to booking this yet...
Original post by Humz007
I plan to, but haven't got round to booking this yet...

email the unis first tp ser if you definitely need it. btw what course will you be doing after Yr gap year?
email the unis first tp ser if you definitely need it. btw what course will you be doing after Yr gap year?

Engineering (mechanical if specified)
Original post by Humz007
Engineering (mechanical if specified)

same! Where u planning to apply?
same! Where u planning to apply?

We'll see what grades I end up getting. But sky's the limit (or maybe not, seeing MIT's 2.5% success rate for international applicants)
Original post by Humz007
We'll see what grades I end up getting. But sky's the limit (or maybe not, seeing MIT's 2.5% success rate for international applicants)

Thats very aspirational! By the wayz do u want to check out my gyg?
Thats very aspirational! By the wayz do u want to check out my gyg?

Lol sorry mate but what's g2g?
Original post by Humz007
Lol sorry mate but what's g2g?

Its called Grow your grades. Basically you talk about your life in skl and stuff (You can put whtevrr you want) and you put stuff on the blog and ppl support u n stuff. i use it as a reminder kind of thing to keep up on hw.

Quick Reply

Latest