The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Unfortunately I have taken the wrong subjects to study medicine at university. I know there is the option of Foundation Years, that is my plan A. However, I need a plan B just in case, any ideas?
Original post by csmith812smith
Unfortunately I have taken the wrong subjects to study medicine at university. I know there is the option of Foundation Years, that is my plan A. However, I need a plan B just in case, any ideas?

What subjects are you taking? and is it too late to change?

Kind regards,

The Medic Community
Original post by idiris05
I have been predicted AAB and I'm using 3 of my choices for Medicine with a foundation year. I've been wondering, what's stopping an A*AA student from applying to this course to "guarantee" a uni offer. Do they check what your AS grades are and what you're predicted?

Also, along with my AAB predicted, I got 560 UKCAT average with SJT band 2. What are my chances for an offer if I apply to Nottingham's(BBC) and Manchester's(AAA) Medicine with foundation year course. Manchester says they accept humanities/arts subject combinations but will they consider a Maths, chem and bio combination?

what are your GCSE grades?
Can I apply to foundation medicine with AAB as my alevel predictions? I have bad gcse grades (2A*s,2As,8Bs) and a ukcat score of 585 as average with a band 2 in situational judgement.
Original post by Sainsburysbasics
what are your GCSE grades?

I did IGCSE (8 subjects) and got 5A* 2A 1C
Yo I've got a group chat for foundation medicine applicants if you wanna join
Reply 26
Original post by Queen12389

is that for non-science background ?
Reply 27
I did IGCSE (8 subjects) and got 5A* 2A 1C

what A-level grades are you predicted?
Reply 28
Original post by zee07
what A-level grades are you predicted?

can i apply i got to medicine with foundation year, i got A*A*A*AAABBC, ACC, UKCAT:575, band 3
Original post by zee07
is that for non-science background ?

No for anyone wanting to do med

Yes please! Is that facebook chat??
Good luck to everyone:smile:
Mine are :
GCSE: A*AABBBBBCC
Predicted A-levels: A*BB
UKCAT: 620 Band 3
Applied to: Leicester, UEA , Nottingham ( Nottingham/Derby Pathway) & Nottingham (Lincoln pathway).
(edited 5 years ago)
No for anyone wanting to do med

Can I join??
Reply 33
I am just applying to Southampton BM6 for foundation medicine.
I have been predicted AAB and I'm using 3 of my choices for Medicine with a foundation year. I've been wondering, what's stopping an A*AA student from applying to this course to "guarantee" a uni offer. Do they check what your AS grades are and what you're predicted?

Also, along with my AAB predicted, I got 560 UKCAT average with SJT band 2. What are my chances for an offer if I apply to Nottingham's(BBC) and Manchester's(AAA) Medicine with foundation year course. Manchester says they accept humanities/arts subject combinations but will they consider a Maths, chem and bio combination?

Thought about this as well g, You cant apply to the nottingham course if your gcse grades can get u into the a100 course ie 6A's/Already AchievedAAA
(edited 5 years ago)
That was smart, to apply for both Nottingham's i did the same
Original post by lollypenguin
Good luck to everyone:smile:
Mine are :
GCSE: A*AABBBBBCC
Predicted A-levels: A*BB
UKCAT: 620 Band 3
Applied to: Leicester, UEA , Nottingham ( Nottingham/Derby Pathway) & Nottingham (Lincoln pathway).
Original post by TBreazy
That was smart, to apply for both Nottingham's i did the same

Ahah, cheers!
Have you had a confirmation email from the lincoln pathway? I havent and im a bit stressed haha
Don't your predicted grades need to be lower than BBC for a foundation course for Nottingham and Derby foundation year?
...uh oh...what makes you say that?..
I’m current BM6 medic at Southampton feel free to ask any questions !

Latest

Trending

Trending