The Student Room Group

Meat

Do u eat meat and why

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amy729
Do u eat meat and why

Yes... I would be vegetarian but my family is against it, they believe you should eat what the land offers you.

Good thread by the way 🙂
(edited 5 years ago)
Nope I love animals and believe you can not love something and then have it slaughtered just for your own benefit.
I certainly do

Without getting into the whole evolutionary arguments about having carnivorous dentistry showing evolutionary meat is part of the diet, presence of protein digesting enzymes within our GI tract etc it also tastes damn good :biggrin:

Would be rather hypocritical seen as I have grown up within the farming industry and am going to become a farm vet upon graduation not to support it - without meat production the countryside would be a very sparse, unmanaged - ecologically unstable place to live with no economy or infrastructure also.
Original post by Amy729
Do u eat meat and why

I've recently started a vegan or vegetarian diet and I learned a lot from it. It's somewhat difficult because I live in a house full of meat eaters so I have to cook meals for myself, which is somthing I'm trying to learn. Although, as tough it is, I may have slipped once when I went to my cousin's house and they only had meat meals. My hunger overwhelmed me and I ate them and I regretted it immediatly afterwards. Haven't eaten meat since, just now I had biryani (Indian/Pakistani) rice and I had to take as much chicken pieces as I can out of it, I may have slipped a bit for the very small ones that are difficult to notice, however I tried my best. It took me a lot of self control to not eat the chicken because I loved it a lot before I started this diet.
Original post by Asazycat
I've recently started a vegan or vegetarian diet and I learned a lot from it. It's somewhat difficult because I live in a house full of meat eaters so I have to cook meals for myself, which is somthing I'm trying to learn. Although, as tough it is, I may have slipped once when I went to my cousin's house and they only had meat meals. My hunger overwhelmed me and I ate them and I regretted it immediatly afterwards. Haven't eaten meat since, just now I had biryani (Indian/Pakistani) rice and I had to take as much chicken pieces as I can out of it, I may have slipped a bit for the very small ones that are difficult to notice, however I tried my best. It took me a lot of self control to not eat the chicken because I loved it a lot before I started this diet.

Isn't this worse? That the meat was already cooked and purchased but you wasted it?
Original post by VMD100
Isn't this worse? That the meat was already cooked and purchased but you wasted it?

I didn't eat it but my family did.
Reply 8
Yes, but I am reducing the amount owing primarily to ecological concerns.
Yea because it tastes good.
have you ever considered working as a vet for an animal sanctuary? as in, animals saved from being killed or going to slaughterhouses? the benefits animals on land don't need to entail their exploitation; there's plenty of vegan alternatives nowadays that i've used to replace meat, dairy and eggs that taste pretty damn good, and from a nutritional standpoint I'm well and healthy.

I just don't see any way it can be justified on ethical grounds; not meaning to sound hostile
(edited 5 years ago)
Yes I do but I am consciously trying to cut back due to the whole world going to sh!t thing
yes. meat is bae.
Yes. I tried vegetarianism for a few days but ended up dangerously anaemic. I know you can get iron from other sources, but I don't enjoy eating those foods so I just didn't, stupidly, so now I just eat meat again.
I eat meat, because honestly I need to have some protein, but I don’t eat that much meat, I do probably have more dairy than is really ideal though. I haven’t had meat in the last week though but I have got some sausage rolls for this week but that’s all the meat I have. Partially cause I’m not mad on most meat, partially cause meat involves slightly better cooking skills (which I don’t trust myself with!) and partly cause of the environment
Sometimes, like at family gathering etc. other then that I am basically vegetarian mainly because of my health my skin does not go well with dairy or meat
Even whales eat meat... only krill eat plankton.
I do. I’ve told my parents that I wanted to become vegetarian to become healthier but I realised I get most of my energy from meat so I can’t stop it.
Original post by Rainfall
I do. I’ve told my parents that I wanted to become vegetarian to become healthier but I realised I get most of my energy from meat so I can’t stop it.

As stuff goes up the food chain it becomes more concentrated. Cows spend almost all their time eating grass but carnivores only need one good kill every few weeks. Sad but true.
Yes because i care about the health of my own body more than the health of an animal.

Chicken and fish are exceptionally nutritionous.

And i love the taste of most meaty foods :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest