The Student Room Group

PwC 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PPEWannabe
Anyone else going to the assessment centre in London next Monday (15th)?

For a grad scheme or summer internship?
What is a good score for the career unlocked stage of pwc? Got 9508
Original post by Anonymous
For a grad scheme or summer internship?

Summer internship, sorry
Reply 43
Original post by iamhasana
I work at PwC, joined this year on the SL scheme. I work with grads all the time. I had the same induction as the grads. We only differ on our PQ pathways. AMA

I just applied for assurance - RBC - London. Passed the situational test and am on the game level. Any tips? Also, since assurance does not have a deadline, is it too late for me or do I still have a chance? Thanks.
I don't think the scores make any sense, because even if you don't answer all the questions right for Numericals and Logical, you still get 1000 for completring the stage. They sure have not told us about how we actually did for many levels, just gave 1000 points for completing the stages.
Reply 45
Original post by PPEWannabe
Anyone else going to the assessment centre in London next Monday (15th)?

Hey! Did the format follow the same as previous years? Or is there anything new to look out for? (IE Final Interview within the AC)
Original post by Samanthavv
Just completed the test, got 9500. They say they will be in touch with the next step after the testing deadline. I’ve heard someone passed immediately after doing test, probably my score is not high enough. Finger cross for the result!

Hi, I have heard my friends who applied non deadline-driven roles (eg Birmingham assurance) got video interview link immediately. but I haven't heard anyone who applied to London assurance have got video invitation yet. are you applying to London assurance?
hey I'm applying for Tech role in London ( summer intern). I got 9700+ scores and received the video interview link immediately after finished the game test.Is there anyone who has already finished the career conversation (video interview)? please tell me some details and questions. Thanks!
Reply 48
Hey you guys!

any advice for the video interview please?

thanks!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by swkr
I just applied for assurance - RBC - London. Passed the situational test and am on the game level. Any tips? Also, since assurance does not have a deadline, is it too late for me or do I still have a chance? Thanks.

The gamification in the hiring process is new this year. So I have no idea what stage you are at relative to where I was last year.

It's never too late just keep pushing
Could anyone share some tips or insights to the career unlock stage (summer internship)? Any help even if you haven't been on the internship scheme would be very helpful. Thank you
Anyone who applied to London Assurance grad scheme got the vid interview invitation yet?
Reply 52
Original post by TommySmith123
Could anyone share some tips or insights to the career unlock stage (summer internship)? Any help even if you haven't been on the internship scheme would be very helpful. Thank you

The scores and games seem to matter little, i just randomly hit stuff on a few of them before realising what I was meant to do (by which time it was too late lol), also for memory games a pen and paper + grid can be handy :wink:.

There is a standard numerical & logical test at the end, this is where you pass/fail this assessment, from my understanding 10+ correct is a pass mark.
Reply 53
Original post by AlexApp
The scores and games seem to matter little, i just randomly hit stuff on a few of them before realising what I was meant to do (by which time it was too late lol), also for memory games a pen and paper + grid can be handy :wink:.

There is a standard numerical & logical test at the end, this is where you pass/fail this assessment, from my understanding 10+ correct is a pass mark.

My score was somewhere in the mid-900s, but I must have failed the last section. I recon I got only 5 correct!

The intro said something like no prior knowledge of maths theories necessarily, but I haven’t seen maths problems like these since my GCSEs (7 years). Definitely something I need to work on before taking other online assessments.
Reply 54
Has anyone applying for the consulting grad scheme had their offer for a video interview yet? They said they were sending out the invitations today as the deadline for completion of the online tests was yesterday.
Original post by AlexApp

Thank you for this very much appreciated! What kind of questions are seen in the numerical test? Will it be very mathsy or just basic graphs and tables?
Reply 56
Original post by TommySmith123
Thank you for this very much appreciated! What kind of questions are seen in the numerical test? Will it be very mathsy or just basic graphs and tables?

Tables and graphs, basic maths (means, % increase, decreases), nothing too complicated you just have to read the question and pin point what to look for ASAP. It's also not negatively marked, I guessed about 4 of them and got through :smile:
Reply 57
Waiting for the same email - glad to hear that it's not just me that hasn't heard back yet! Will let you know if I hear anything!
Original post by clara16
Has anyone applying for the consulting grad scheme had their offer for a video interview yet? They said they were sending out the invitations today as the deadline for completion of the online tests was yesterday.

I think it depends which consultancy scheme you have applied for? For Management & Economics the deadline is the 31st of October (I think)
Original post by AlexApp
Tables and graphs, basic maths (means, % increase, decreases), nothing too complicated you just have to read the question and pin point what to look for ASAP. It's also not negatively marked, I guessed about 4 of them and got through :smile:

I had one question on the app that did not have enough data to answer? As in it wanted me to compare two quantities and one was given as a percentage but they did not tell you the total (there was also no "no answer" button) :frown:

Really knocked my confidence!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending