The Student Room Group

I will make it..eventually! GYG

I will make it .. eventually!

So I’m back again! Hopefully this time I will try and upload consistently.

I’m Rachel. 17 Years Old from Scotland. I sat National 5s and Highers.

Last year didn’t go great, I didn’t manage to get the grades I needed for University.

However, It’s not the end of the world!

I am now at college doing a HNC in Applied Science and I am pleased to say I love it!

I have a good class, good lecturers and love what I am being taught.

I hope college will give me a lot more independence than school and be more helpful and rewarding in terms of the future.

My aim is to get at least a B in my graded unit as this is what I need to study Biomedical Science at Abertay in Dundee. So fingers crossed!

To looking onward and upwards 😊

Scroll to see replies

12/10/2018

So it's the October break coming up! Lots to do.
College has been pretty stressful, tests have been sprung upon me, my times been wasted, just a stressful few weeks really.
I had a test in Human Body Structure and Function which did not go the best so I definetely need to study that topic. Over the October break my plans are to work and study when I'm not working, as well as enjoying a day out with my best friend who turned 18 the other day.
I have so much to do so looks like my head will be in the books! I'll try to upload some posts and even pics of my studying as well as giving some study tips

TO DO LIST

Spoiler

Best of luck:hugs:
Biomedical science sounds awesome:woo:
Original post by Toastiekid
Best of luck:hugs:
Biomedical science sounds awesome:woo:

Thanks so much x
13/10/2018

So as mentioned in my Intro thingy I had a GYG blog last year but it kinda flopped :frown:
Here's some people who supported that blog , who I'd love to support this one.

Spoiler

good luck. will be keeping an eye open for updates :smile:
good luck with your adventures! can’t wait to read all about it.
Reply 7
Good luck!!! :biggrin:
heyy i'd love to support your blog this year.
biomedical science is so cool! it's a course im considering :smile:
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
good luck. will be keeping an eye open for updates :smile:

Original post by mez_merising
good luck with your adventures! can’t wait to read all about it.

Original post by rm.25
Good luck!!! :biggrin:

Original post by clouddbubbles
heyy i'd love to support your blog this year.
biomedical science is so cool! it's a course im considering :smile:

Thank you so much guys, the support is appreciated :smile:

@clouddbubbles What other courses are you looking at? and where?
Update 13/10/2018

Currently in the process of completing UCAS. I still have my personal statement to re-wrte. I have a meeting with student services in my college in 2 weeks time to help me with the application.
Currently my choices look like this :

*University of Abertay Dundee Biomedical Science
B in graded unit - 2nd Year
University of Dundee Biomedical Science with year in Industry

A in graded unit - 1st year
Glasgow Caledonian Biomedical Science

A in graded unit & 15 credits - 1st year B in graded unit & 10-12 credits - 1st Year
Edinburgh Napier Biomedical Science
(Still debating) University of Dundee Microbiology or Biochemistry
Original post by gw07mcgheerachel

I will make it .. eventually!

So I’m back again! Hopefully this time I will try and upload consistently.

I’m Rachel. 17 Years Old from Scotland. I sat National 5s and Highers.

Last year didn’t go great, I didn’t manage to get the grades I needed for University.

However, It’s not the end of the world!

I am now at college doing a HNC in Applied Science and I am pleased to say I love it!

I have a good class, good lecturers and love what I am being taught.

I hope college will give me a lot more independence than school and be more helpful and rewarding in terms of the future.

My aim is to get at least a B in my graded unit as this is what I need to study Biomedical Science at Abertay in Dundee. So fingers crossed!

To looking onward and upwards 😊

Glad to hear you're enjoying your HNC! Looking forward to following your progress :smile:
Original post by Labrador99
Glad to hear you're enjoying your HNC! Looking forward to following your progress :smile:

Thank You!
Excellent grades, looking forward to follow this blog. :h:
Update 13/10/2018

Currently in the process of completing UCAS. I still have my personal statement to re-wrte. I have a meeting with student services in my college in 2 weeks time to help me with the application.
Currently my choices look like this :

*University of Abertay Dundee Biomedical Science
University of Dundee Biomedical Science with year in Industry

Glasgow Caledonian Biomedical Science

A in graded unit & 15 credits - 1st year B in graded unit & 10-12 credits - 1st Year
Edinburgh Napier Biomedical Science
(Still debating) University of Dundee Microbiology or Biochemistry
Good luck this year! Good to hear you're enjoying your course and are so close to finishing your UCAS. Looking forward to seeing your progress! X
Original post by je m'en fiche
Excellent grades, looking forward to follow this blog. :h:

Thank you! Not the grades I have but what I need to get this year. My high school grades were terrible lol
Original post by abbieerobinsonn
Good luck this year! Good to hear you're enjoying your course and are so close to finishing your UCAS. Looking forward to seeing your progress! X

Thamk you so much xoxo
14/10/2018

So today I'm going out shopping to Glasgow with a friend. Then since I'm off work I'm gonna study , focusing today on the Human Body Structure and Function. Also, I recently mentioned in the intro I'm loving college right now.. not the case anymore. I hate 2/3 lecturers. One lecturer is trying to convince me to do the HND as well telling me I will get more lab work in college than my Uni which I know is not the case. Other lecturer is springing tests on me, moaning about us taking ong to do an experiment even though it says to wait 10 minutes, overall she's just irritating. Other lecturer wastes my time talking about his hobbies and getting 'free health care' as there is a nurse in my class. It's starting to annoy me and I'm fed up. Hopefully the holidays will help me chill a lil.
14/10/2018

So today I'm going out shopping to Glasgow with a friend. Then since I'm off work I'm gonna study , focusing today on the Human Body Structure and Function. Also, I recently mentioned in the intro I'm loving college right now.. not the case anymore. I hate 2/3 lecturers. One lecturer is trying to convince me to do the HND as well telling me I will get more lab work in college than my Uni which I know is not the case. Other lecturer is springing tests on me, moaning about us taking ong to do an experiment even though it says to wait 10 minutes, overall she's just irritating. Other lecturer wastes my time talking about his hobbies and getting 'free health care' as there is a nurse in my class. It's starting to annoy me and I'm fed up. Hopefully the holidays will help me chill a lil.

Awww, I am sorry to hear that. I would love to give you suggestions/discuss if I am more familiar with the system there. I hope everything works out for you soon. :rave:
Reply 19
Good luck! I feel you about the failed blog, mine flopped too - hopefully second time's the charm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending