The Student Room Group

Does he still like me or have I missed my chance?

I'm not one of those girls who spends their time pondering on whether or not a guy likes them, because I always take what I see for face value and I don't deceive myself.

However in this case, I'm not sure..

Me and this guy have been casually talking for a few years. Met at uni, and it was clear he was into me.. I mean he told me this. However in my first year I was immature, didn't know how to handle someone liking me, so I was very standoffish and maybe a bit of *****.

In hindsight, I have no idea why I'd act like this because I've always found him attractive and he is a nice person. Why would I not go for it? Not sure what headspace I was in. I've recently apologised to how I may've made him feel back then because it isn't nice to be on the receiving end and it doesn't sit well with me knowing I may have given someone the run around.

The dynamic between us have been somewhat sexual and also casual as well... Maybe you could call it FWB?

Anyway we've recently gotten back into contact because I ended up blocking him on all my social media because he told me he had a girlfriend and still wanted me. I thought well there's no point of us speaking if he'll continue making sexual advances at me. I did tell him we could maintain a platonic relationship but he'd always cross the line.

Now we're speaking again (they've broken up) and it is more so him calling me everyday. He'd call on his break at work or when he gets home from work and a couple weeks ago he took me out for some drinks (which was sweet of him) and we get on now more than ever. Before, the dynamic was never like this... probably because I gave off the impression I wasn't interested.

I'm at a point where I realise I fancy him. But I feel like I've missed my chance only because I should've shown I was interested when we first started talking.

But what do you guys think? Is he into me? Is he just being nice? I'm not really one to ask the "what are we?" question. Mainly because it scares guys off and I can usually tell whether it's just something sexual or if the guy is actually into me.

This was long. It's amazing I haven't started my coursework yet managed to write this... Priorities I guess lmao
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not one of those girls who spends their time pondering on whether or not a guy likes them, because I always take what I see for face value and I don't deceive myself.

Me and this guy have been casually talking for a few years. Met at uni, and it was clear he was into me.. I mean he told me this. However in my first year I was immature, didn't know how to handle someone liking me, so I was very standoffish and maybe a bit of *****.

In hindsight, I have no idea why I'd act like this because I've always found him attractive and he is a nice person. Why would I not go for it? Not sure what headspace I was in. I've recently apologised to how I may've made him feel back then because it isn't nice to be on the receiving end and it doesn't sit well with me knowing I may have given someone the run around.

The dynamic between us have been somewhat sexual and also casual as well... Maybe you could call it FWB?

Anyway we've recently gotten back into contact because I ended up blocking him on all my social media because he told me he had a girlfriend and still wanted me. I thought well there's no point of us speaking if he'll continue making sexual advances at me. I did tell him we could maintain a platonic relationship but he'd always cross the line.

Now we're speaking again (they've broken up) and it is more so him calling me everyday. He'd call on his break at work or when he gets home from work and a couple weeks ago he took me out for some drinks (which was sweet of him) and we get on now more than ever. Before, the dynamic was never like this... probably because I gave off the impression I wasn't interested.

I'm at a point where I realise I fancy him. But I feel like I've missed my chance only because I should've shown I was interested when we first started talking.

But what do you guys think? Is he into me? Is he just being nice? I'm not really one to ask the "what are we?" question. Mainly because it scares guys off and I can usually tell whether it's just something sexual or if the guy is actually into me.

This was long. It's amazing I haven't started my coursework yet managed to write this... Priorities I guess lmao

Maybe you could make the move next time, call him or ask him for a follow up date. If he's the one doing it all the time, he may think you're not that interested. It depends if you want anything out of this.
Original post by Anonymous

Yes but into you for what?
You dont know him?
I dont think its to late, far from it as he sounds keen but his motives are a bit unknown.

You have to work out what he wants?
What you want?
Whether you want the same thing and it stands a chance?

FWB, casual , actual relationship? What level of intimacy do you want and how much effort are you both prepared to put in?

You can ask and listen but its up to you whether you believe what he says.

Its worth putting some time to explore whether it has enough potential. If not then you can move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending