Help with understanding options after failing uni Watch

Nathan.Gilbert
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hiya guys, just a question about studying again after failing, and how that will affect my tuition fees (not maintenance loan, just the tuition loan).

tl,dr: Failed second year of uni due to personal issues which I have no evidence of, if I credit transfer and do an open university course will the tuition fees be covered by student finance?

So I was studying Physics at university and was in my second year. Unfortunately due to ECs which I had no evidence for (a lot of personal stuff) I had to do some resits. Unfortunately with the continuing issues I failed two modules and was kicked out, having failed my last semester of second year. Quite frankly, I don't want to even attempt to appeal this because I don't believe it will work because I haven't got any evidence and so I was thinking about studying a degree with the open university.

I saw there was an option to credit transfer and start later on (essentially starting in the "second year") and was wondering, if I did a full time study course that lasts 3 years (but I start in the second year), would student finance cover the tuition fees? I'd be studying from home so wouldn't need a maintenance loan.
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Nathan.Gilbert)
Hiya guys, just a question about studying again after failing, and how that will affect my tuition fees (not maintenance loan, just the tuition loan).

tl,dr: Failed second year of uni due to personal issues which I have no evidence of, if I credit transfer and do an open university course will the tuition fees be covered by student finance?

So I was studying Physics at university and was in my second year. Unfortunately due to ECs which I had no evidence for (a lot of personal stuff) I had to do some resits. Unfortunately with the continuing issues I failed two modules and was kicked out, having failed my last semester of second year. Quite frankly, I don't want to even attempt to appeal this because I don't believe it will work because I haven't got any evidence and so I was thinking about studying a degree with the open university.

I saw there was an option to credit transfer and start later on (essentially starting in the "second year") and was wondering, if I did a full time study course that lasts 3 years (but I start in the second year), would student finance cover the tuition fees? I'd be studying from home so wouldn't need a maintenance loan.
Hi Nathan,

As long as you didn't gain any qualification from your previous course then we would provide a Tuition Fee Loan for your course with the Open University.

Thanks, Erin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (7)
12.96%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (4)
7.41%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (2)
3.7%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (9)
16.67%
Monster Munch (6)
11.11%