The Student Room Group

Mazars Graduate Scheme from application to offer

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by lalalalaooo
Hi zwong02, would you mind sharing your analytical exercise and competency questions please! Were they similar to roxie rox's?

Thank you!

Hey yes, it was similar to Roxie Rox's. She did ask me more than 3 questions though - so just make sure you prepare according to Mazar's values. All the best!
Yey! Well done ! What programme are you applying for? I was wondering if they have separate dates for different programmes or we re gonna be mixed up.
Appreciate it. Thank you and congratulations on passing it!
Hi. I have an offer. Message me if you need any advice.
Reply 24
Original post by oakroys
Hi. I have an offer. Message me if you need any advice.

Hi oakroys! Congratulations - so well done! I was wondering if you have any helpful hints/guidance on the assessment day? :smile:
Hi zwong02, did you have your chst with the mentor? They give u pretty good advice! Out of curiosity can you pls tell me what programme have you applied for?
Original post by zwong02
Hi oakroys! Congratulations - so well done! I was wondering if you have any helpful hints/guidance on the assessment day? :smile:

Prepare your assessment in advance & make sure you can discuss the topic at length. Contribute substantively to the group exercise but don't be domineering. Make sure you have plenty of examples of your demonstrating their competencies from your work/study. Best of luck.
Reply 27
Original post by roxie rox
Hi zwong02, did you have your chst with the mentor? They give u pretty good advice! Out of curiosity can you pls tell me what programme have you applied for?

Ooops - sorry roxie rox! I must've overlooked your previous message. i've applied for tax :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by roxie rox

Have you gotten your assessment date yet? :smile: And would you like to exchange notes from guidance on our chat with our mentors? I haven't spoken to my mentor yet, but I did recently drop him/her an email.
Original post by zwong02
Have you gotten your assessment date yet? :smile: And would you like to exchange notes from guidance on our chat with our mentors? I haven't spoken to my mentor yet, but I did recently drop him/her an email.

I passed my telephone interview and have a telephone call lined up with a graduate for tomorrow. Would you mind exchanging notes from your call and when my conversation is done I will do the same?
Reply 30
I passed my telephone interview and have a telephone call lined up with a graduate for tomorrow. Would you mind exchanging notes from your call and when my conversation is done I will do the same?

I have yet to arrange a telephone call with my mentor - but yes sure, i'll be happy to once I have it lined up (which should be within this week). Drop me a private message. What line of service are you applying to?
Hi zwong02, would you mind sharing your analytical exercise and competency questions please! Were they similar to roxie rox's?

Thank you!

I had the competency questions first and they were to do with Mazars, your chosen area, problems and stress. My analytical ones were how to respond to clients, the future of your area, and a news story and how it impacts your chosen area. The woman was really nice and there were a few awkward pauses when she was typing things up but I ignored the urge to keep talking so that I wouldn't repeat myself and my answers were still concise.

This was a really helpful system when answering the competency questions and so I'd prepare a few situations beforehand using it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITCy2Q_lX9g&t=3s
Hi does anyone else have the assessment day in Manchester on the 26th Nov?
Hey roxie rox, have you had your AC yet? I'd be very grateful if you could share your experience! :smile:
Original post by zwong02
ah perfect! I hope to see you too :smile: I just got an email saying i've gotten through to the assessment centre (yay!). But that they are still waiting to sort the dates out for that.

Hey guys, have you had your AC yet? I'd be very grateful if you could share your experience! :smile:
Original post by Ryan0123
Hey guys, have you had your AC yet? I'd be very grateful if you could share your experience! :smile:

have you received the AC date, I'm still waiting to find out when it is :smile:
got mine on 27th in london
Original post by gcsesimsoscared
have you received the AC date, I'm still waiting to find out when it is :smile:

Also still waiting to find out when! I am already getting so nervous:s-smilie: I am absolutely terrible at interviews, let alone a full assessment centre!
Original post by Ryan0123
Also still waiting to find out when! I am already getting so nervous:s-smilie: I am absolutely terrible at interviews, let alone a full assessment centre!

Same! do you want to compare notes on what our graduate mentors said? I can tell you mine and you yours? :smile:
Original post by thomches
got mine on 27th in london

Hi thomches, can you pls tell is what did u apply for n when did u get ypur confirmation? I still jasn t hot a date yet. Also in london

Quick Reply

Latest