The Student Room Group

A GYG for smart people (A*A*A*): Kat's Painfully Long Journey to University

Scroll to see replies

Love how you've got the full day planned out! Need to start doing this. Sounds like a busy day x
Original post by Toastiekid
:woo: best of luck:wink:
am glad this year is going better than last year:yep:

Thank you so much. I am glad as well :smile:
Hey, those grades are amazing. :eek3: I wish you the best of luck and please add me to the tag list. :biggrin:
Reply 23
Add me to your tag list please :biggrin:
so organised :eek:
well done with your TSA! i'm sure you'll do really well after a bit more practice :yes:
Original post by MaizieAmyr
Hey, those grades are amazing. :eek3: I wish you the best of luck and please add me to the tag list. :biggrin:

Original post by rm.25
Add me to your tag list please :biggrin:

Sure no problem :biggrin:
Original post by nyxnko_
so organised :eek:
well done with your TSA! i'm sure you'll do really well after a bit more practice :yes:

Thank you so much. Right now I am trying to do BMAT section 1 to give me some more questions to practice rather than using up all the TSA past papers.
Original post by je m'en fiche
Thank you so much. Right now I am trying to do BMAT section 1 to give me some more questions to practice rather than using up all the TSA past papers.

that's good if you still have stuff to use :yes:
Monday!

Good morning everyone! :wings: I am feel like quite refreshed this morning so I hope I will be able to do loads today!

Targets:

Spoiler

Timetable:

11:30 - 12:30 Read and make notes
12:30 - 2:00 Reheat lunch and do dishes
2:00 - 2:30 Do problem solving questions
2:30 - 3:00 Tidy room
3:00 - 4:30 Supermarket
4:30 - 5:00 Break
5:00 - 6: 00 Read again
6:00 - 8:00 Cook and eat dinner + wash up
8:00 - 8:15 Emails
8:15 - 10:00 Blank slot + sleep :sleep:

Spoiler

Personal Life:

Spoiler

Tag:

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
@rm.25 @MaizieAmyr

Sorry, forgot to add you guys to the post I have just uploaded.

Monday!

Good morning everyone! :wings: I am feel like quite refreshed this morning so I hope I will be able to do loads today!

Targets:

Spoiler

Timetable:

11:30 - 12:30 Read and make notes
12:30 - 2:00 Reheat lunch and do dishes
2:00 - 2:30 Do problem solving questions
2:30 - 3:00 Tidy room
3:00 - 4:30 Supermarket
4:30 - 5:00 Break
5:00 - 6: 00 Read again
6:00 - 8:00 Cook and eat dinner + wash up
8:00 - 8:15 Emails
8:15 - 10:00 Blank slot + sleep :sleep:

Spoiler

Personal Life:

Spoiler

Tag:

Spoiler

Good luck with your tasks! The idea of blank slots is a good idea. :yep: I never set myself a timetable because I just don't stick to it :getmecoat: but it seem to work for you. :biggrin: What do you want to study at uni?
Original post by MaizieAmyr
Good luck with your tasks! The idea of blank slots is a good idea. :yep: I never set myself a timetable because I just don't stick to it :getmecoat: but it seem to work for you. :biggrin: What do you want to study at uni?

The blank slots help me to do the things I planned in case I procrastinated somewhere. I am able to stick to it because I gave myself almost double of the time I would need so I can be lazy for 15 minutes. It's half term! You don't have to be that strict to yourself right?

I'm hoping to do psychology in uni. What about you?
The blank slots help me to do the things I planned in case I procrastinated somewhere. I am able to stick to it because I gave myself almost double of the time I would need so I can be lazy for 15 minutes. It's half term! You don't have to be that strict to yourself right?

I'm hoping to do psychology in uni. What about you?

Probably Physics. :smile:
Reply 32
Wow! You have so much more structure to your schedule, Ngl I envy that. Unfortunately, I struggle sticking to a rigid routine. Sorry to hear about the raw chicken, improvement will come in time :rave:

Btw tag me please
Original post by Tate00
Wow! You have so much more structure to your schedule, Ngl I envy that. Unfortunately, I struggle sticking to a rigid routine. Sorry to hear about the raw chicken, improvement will come in time :rave:

Btw tag me please

Thank you for checking it out. Much appreciated.

A GYG for smart people (A*A*A*): Kat's Painfully Long Journey to University

:hello:Hey there smart peeps. I have just sent my UCAS application to my school this morning and got some time to spare after a hectic week of last-minute redrafting my personal statement. Why not make a GYG blog just to motivate myself?

My AS Year...

was a disaster :frown:. At least when it had just started. I didn't know how to revise for A levels (Chemistry, Biology and Maths) , didn't understand what the teacher was talking about and I was not used to being a boarder at school. I missed home a lot and that distracted me a lot. I was (and is) aiming for As and A*s but I was getting Bs and Ds in my tests instead.
In November, though, I found the way to balance my studies and other stuff. I began to score A*s in Chemistry and Maths and A in Biology.

My A2 year...

is much much better. :banana2:Now that I am predicted with A*A*A* (which I am really proud of), I hope I will be able to maintain that despite the little step up from year 12 to year 13.
Aside from school, I am also hoping I would stay physically and mentally healthy this year, keeping myself from being over stressed. Unlike last year where I had a huge mental breakdown.

My 5 University Choices:

Spoiler

Future Plans:

I will be doing psychology in university. I know a lot of people who did psychology would become a clinical psychologists or pursue some subject-related works. I have not decided my career path yet but I know that I wouldn't want to become a psychologist and would definitely love to work in an airline company. Probably because my mom works in one and the benefits is too good to be true. (Imagine flying to another country with 1/10th of the ticket's price.)

Recent Goals for October:

Spoiler

I am excited to embark on this 10 month journey to A levels exam! I literally cannot wait until A levels are over and going to university.

Ask me anything if you have any questions on your UCAS application! I will try my best to answer it. If you have a GyG blog as well that you want me to check it out, leave the link below.

I will try to post my updates daily but then with all the work coming up I cannot make any promises. See you soon!:wavey:

Loool how are you already on homeostasis in biology . We just finished photosynthesis and moving onto respiration
Original post by Bidachanee
Loool how are you already on homeostasis in biology . We just finished photosynthesis and moving onto respiration

No worries. I don't think we will do photosynthesis and respiration until a month later. What exam board do you do? Seems like each exam board place their chapters very differently.
No worries. I don't think we will do photosynthesis and respiration until a month later. What exam board do you do? Seems like each exam board place their chapters very differently.

Doing AQA. So far in A2 we have done ecological techniques and ecosystems, nutrient cycles (nitrogen and phosphorus) and photosynthesis
Im a bit worried for bio as my teacher said that we only finish the whole biology a level course 1 week before our exams so it’s a bit tight. And according to last year student at our college they were still learning some of A2 material after bio paper 1
Original post by Bidachanee
Doing AQA. So far in A2 we have done ecological techniques and ecosystems, nutrient cycles (nitrogen and phosphorus) and photosynthesis

Ooooh, I haven't done any of those. But I wish there are no ecology related topics, they are kind of weird to be studied in biology? Btw do you have a Gyg blog? I would love to check it out. :smile:
Ooooh, I haven't done any of those. But I wish there are no ecology related topics, they are kind of weird to be studied in biology? Btw do you have a Gyg blog? I would love to check it out. :smile:

No lol I’m pretty new to tsr anyway. May consider in future. If I do I’ll make sure to let u know!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending