The Student Room Group

What are you doing to help reduce climate change?

I hope I get a few answers for this otherwise my faith in humanity will be lost ;(

I cycle everywhere, buy locally and have drastically reduced my meat consumption. I also told my mum to sell her diesel car and buy an electric (even though she says it's too expensive).

What are you doing to help?

Scroll to see replies

Legit nothing.
Original post by denteddental
Legit nothing.

Shame on you ;(
Original post by frantika
Shame on you ;(

Lolz
I recycle, I walk a lot, I don't eat meat, dairy or eggs, I try to buy as little plastic as possible and I'm working on reducing my Palm oil intake. 🌍
Reply 5
I turned up the central heating, climate is fine in my house.
Original post by UWS

nice
I walk because I have no choice.
Frankly, I don’t give a toss about the climate change. I have more important things to concern me.
Original post by UWS

Same.
Original post by Seamus123
I walk because I have no choice.
Frankly, I don’t give a toss about the climate change. I have more important things to concern me.

I fail to see how the future of the world doesn't concern you...
I hope I get a few answers for this otherwise my faith in humanity will be lost ;(

I cycle everywhere, buy locally and have drastically reduced my meat consumption. I also told my mum to sell her diesel car and buy an electric (even though she says it's too expensive).

What are you doing to help?

Electric cars are expensive and it's not clear they're significantly better for the environment (at least at the moment anyway). If you already have a car it would be better to hold onto it, buying a new one uses a huge amount of resources in its manufacturing alone.
Reply 11
I am trying to get the council or govnerment to overturn Sunday trading, and/or to turn out some of the street lighting at night, (mainly so I can see the stars better but if it adds up to helping the environment then even better). For some reason they decided to add lights to the alleyways and have them on all night long, when I was younger they never had lights down there.
They also never had Sunday trading to the extent it is now as a kid mum and dad used to take me to a club on sunday lunch time and we would walk there and back (about 30 minutes in each direction), and on average you would see about 5 or 6 vehicles come by.
But nowadays it's a non stop queue of traffic polluting everywhere going nowhere fast.
I walk /cycle most places.
I reuse and recycle as much as possible! Any food waste is put into the compost bin. I walk/bus where I can. I avoid plastic as much as possible at the moment. Reduce the use of electricity if possible. I am so passionate about the environment!
Original post by JaseyB
I am trying to get the council or govnerment to overturn Sunday trading, and/or to turn out some of the street lighting at night, (mainly so I can see the stars better but if it adds up to helping the environment then even better). For some reason they decided to add lights to the alleyways and have them on all night long, when I was younger they never had lights down there.
They also never had Sunday trading to the extent it is now as a kid mum and dad used to take me to a club on sunday lunch time and we would walk there and back (about 30 minutes in each direction), and on average you would see about 5 or 6 vehicles come by.
But nowadays it's a non stop queue of traffic polluting everywhere going nowhere fast.
I walk /cycle most places.

Awesome! Great job.
Original post by UncertainCertain
I reuse and recycle as much as possible! Any food waste is put into the compost bin. I walk/bus where I can. I avoid plastic as much as possible at the moment. Reduce the use of electricity if possible. I am so passionate about the environment!

Same! It's the only one we've got lol. I'm glad there are lots of people helping
I am a vegeterian (but the reason for it is not because I care about the climate change).
Original post by suuhdude
I am a vegeterian (but the reason for it is not because I care about the climate change).

Do you care about climate change tho?
Do you care about climate change tho?

No, I do not. Not enough to change anything in my life style anyway.
Driving a dirty polluting Euro 4 diesel. Love seeing all the toxic fumes pour out when I put my foot down. Eat that Audi drivers!
Original post by suuhdude
No, I do not. Not enough to change anything in my life style anyway.

Why? Are you dying?

It doesn't really matter though, it's good you're a vegetarian, that's more than most people :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending