Hopeful Medic 00
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
After applying to med school, I realised that I never got my personal statement checked by anyone.

If anyone would like to give me some feedback that would be great, as I have posted it down below.

I was told to show my personality in my statement, so tell me what you think:

"Hitler was denied from art school; he went on to kill 6 million Jews. Imagine what will happen if I get denied to med school.

After a 2 night bender with my mate Daz, I was hospitalized at some Hospital. A proper bangin' nurse made me a cup of tea, which I thought was really kind. The hospital stank though, which made me realise some of the stresses those doctors have to go through. When my mum visited, she threatened to disown me, which made me feel sad, and I believe this experience will help me cope with the rigours of medicine. Also, my brother went into A&E for back pain (which he does every Friday night) and he told me the people there were mean to him because he was allergic to so many medications and has to have methadone. This highlighted where there needs to be improvement in how people communicate in the NHS. Also, I followed my GP for a day, and he drives a AUDI R8 (Dr. Symere Woods I think his name was, he lives at 42 New terrace). Seeing how much money he has makes me want to become a doctor.

Extra curricular stuff is also a fun thing I like. I work at KFC (when I can be f*cked to go in lmao), and I am really good frying the chicken until it's medium rare (the best way to have it). Once a fat guy came in (his name was Darrel) and he ordered a full bucket for himself. As I am super smart, I applied skills I learned in chemistry, as I know that both chemical energy and heat energy are forms of energy, and in biology, I learned that fat is a store of energy, so I didn't cook the chicken for too long to it wouldn't gain too much heat, so Darrel wouldn't be so fat. Darrel didn't come back after that, so I assume I have encouraged him to have a more healthy lifestyle.

I regularly attend my local nightclub where I practice my communication skills to pull ass. Also, I enjoy playing with my dog and playing GTA 5 with my mates, where we practice teamwork and communication skills to get millions of dollars in heists. I also regularly eat at my local fish and chip shop, which gives me a sense of community. I am also an Olympian. I enjoy playing Fortnite and I have over 64 wins and 4500 bucks in my account.

I'm like, very smart, like once I scored 100% on a homework task, after only guessing all the answers! I must be really smart because of this, and I feel like my amazing intelligence will make me the best doctor. I also have an IQ of 240 and I read a lot of sciencey books.

I know I would be better than anybody else studying medicine at your university, and I would kill, literally kill, to become a doctor. Thank you for your time. Bye."

Thanks guys
astroworld
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well
Hopeful Medic 00
Rep:
?
(Original post by Royal Oak)
UCAS deadline was an hour ago.
I know, I applied a week ago
hellomellow
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
5 unconditional offers.
Deliciate
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
lol I actually found that funny :laugh:
T.J.A
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is the peak of literature.
Hopeful Medic 00
Rep:
?
(Original post by hellomellow)
5 unconditional offers.
Thanks mate
Hopeful Medic 00
Rep:
?
(Original post by T.J.A)
This is the peak of literature.
Awh you're too kind
L.D.S.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you’re in
Hopeful Medic 00
Rep:
?
you are all too kind
Hopeful Medic 00
Rep:
?
(Original post by L.D.S.)
you’re in
Okay, this is epic.
Hopeful Medic 00
Rep:
?
(Original post by hellomellow)
5 unconditional offers.
Wow, really???
I have 4 Bs, 6 Cs and 3 Ds at GCSE and BCD at AS level though so I expected that
student10005555
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
brilliant m8 made me laugh
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hopeful Medic 00)
Also, my brother went into A&E for back pain (which he does every Friday night) and he told me the people there were mean to him because he was allergic to so many medications and has to have methadone.
Lol :congrats: Does he also know his body and have a really high pain threshold?
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Working at KFC (occasionally, obv) is infinitely more real life experience than most medical students.
Hopeful Medic 00
Rep:
?
(Original post by nexttime)
Working at KFC (occasionally, obv) is infinitely more real life experience than most medical students.
big OOF
ibyghee
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Man i would literally allow you to be in cambridge with that, 1000/10
Hopeful Medic 00
Rep:
?
(Original post by ibyghee)
Man i would literally allow you to be in cambridge with that, 1000/10
*real me crying because I was 1 A* prediction off of applying to cambridge*
ibyghee
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hopeful Medic 00)
*real me crying because I was 1 A* prediction off of applying to cambridge*
oof :/
Carlos87
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Legit better than my personal statement 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (280)
47.95%
No (67)
11.47%
I'm not old enough (237)
40.58%

Watched Threads