The Student Room Group

Need advice .

So I've currently just started my a levels and it's been a month in and they're going okay but sometimes I wake up feeling sad and stressed already. Like in the first week I got stressed and we wasn't set any work. I'm thinking of alternative routes if sixth form doesn't work out . Maybe getting an apprenticeship in law . But I want to know a bit more info about apprenticeships wether I have to go to a college alongside doing an apprenticeship and wether I can still go uni or do I stay in that apprenticeship ?
Yeah, I would recommend it. If you are not enjoying it then should drop out and do something better instead. I did the same and I got 5 unconditionals to do 5 different phd at Oxford
Continue with a levels, YOU GOT THIS!
Original post by Nxfisax
So I've currently just started my a levels and it's been a month in and they're going okay but sometimes I wake up feeling sad and stressed already. Like in the first week I got stressed and we wasn't set any work. I'm thinking of alternative routes if sixth form doesn't work out . Maybe getting an apprenticeship in law . But I want to know a bit more info about apprenticeships wether I have to go to a college alongside doing an apprenticeship and wether I can still go uni or do I stay in that apprenticeship ?

Which A Levels are you doing?
Reply 4
@judaicimposter I'm doing law , psychology and sociology
Reply 5
Original post by Nxfisax

Maybe do less content heavy A levels. Like business instead of psych.
i can almost guarantee that if you work the hardest youve ever worked and are willing to put in the effort you will definitely without a doubt get the grades you want .However, if you think that the grades are just going to fall from the sky then im sorry youve got it all wrong because a levels are not meant to be easy.So my advice to you is that if you belive you are gonna put the effort in stick with your a levels or if your not then do an apprenticehsip because you dont want to be wasting 2 years of your life if your just gonna mess around at college and not work hard.
Original post by Nxfisax

I would advise you speak to a head of sixth form or a careers officer before you commit yourself to anything.
I had the same issue in year 12. I decided I'd try stick it out for the first year, see how I got on and then move onto something else if I thought it was appropriate once I had an idea of how well I was doing at the end of year 12. I ended up actually enjoying my courses once I got into a proper study routine and began to understand that it's a big step up from Y11/everyone is in the same boat. You get into the swing of things eventually, just so long as you're committed to it (i.e. willing to not only do your homework but extra reading from the start, etc.).
Reply 9
@Ak4753 I can't change them now
Reply 10
@jenny12345678910 I will put the effort it's just other aspects which make me feel bit uneasy like friends, workload .
Reply 11
@ManicDrBeatles yesterday I spoke to my year of head and she reassured me that this is the place to be and that a levels will open many options for me blah blah
Reply 12
@CasseroleKeith hmm I understand you I just thought I'd give it a month to see wether I'd like or not maybe I need to give it more than that. I'm already feeling stressed out and we have to have assessments every 2 weeks . I feel like there's a lot of competition in classes and that everyones more intelligent than me .
Original post by Nxfisax

I know exactly how you feel but its honestly best to solider on. You've got this! If you want to do Law, you usually need or they prefer A levels (from what I know) . I'd ensure you are still going out, doing hobbies alongside your studies so you're having time to wind down too. If you put your 100%, you're gonna get great grades, but it does undoubtly require hard work and dedication.
Reply 14
@ForeverAQx thank you !
Original post by Nxfisax

Which university course do you do want to get into after you complete those A levels?
Reply 16
@JudaicImposter I wanna do llb law course

Quick Reply