The Student Room Group

National Crime Agency - Business Support Officer

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has applied for a Business Support Officer position within the NCA and what was the outcome of your application?

I've had a successful at interview email but not quite sure what to make of it given it says my details will be in a candidate pool for 12 months and your posted in merit order - which doesn't really help with planning either to move/work etc

It got me wondering about anyone else's experiences?

Regards,
Soph :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by SophiaRose2
Hello All,I was wondering if anyone has applied for a Business Support Officer position within the NCA and what was the outcome of your application?I've had a successful at interview email but not quite sure what to make of it given it says my details will be in a candidate pool for 12 months and your posted in merit order - which doesn't really help with planning either to move/work etc It got me wondering about anyone else's experiences?Regards,Soph :smile:
Hi SophI have had the same email and also another one the other day saying some initial posts have been filled and they are waiting for further posts to arise. Not sure what to make of this either. Have you heard anything else since?Arif
Reply 2
I applied also had a succesful email then recieved another one few weeks back with the location and salary confirmed on the posting letter but still awaiting pre employment checks etc. I currently work for another government department and from experience everything takes months!!
Reply 3
Original post by NazMaddy
I applied also had a succesful email then recieved another one few weeks back with the location and salary confirmed on the posting letter but still awaiting pre employment checks etc. I currently work for another government department and from experience everything takes months!!
Hi can I ask which location that is for as I am waiting for birmingham and have just been told I am waiting in a pool for positions to arise. Thanks.
Reply 4
Original post by Arif2803
Hi can I ask which location that is for as I am waiting for birmingham and have just been told I am waiting in a pool for positions to arise. Thanks.

Hiya this is for Birmingham also. I applied in June, interview in September when I asked for feedback in October they said they are still interviewing then I got an email in October.

November email came for security clearance application. I also then got the email in december confirming location but pending security checks etc hope that helps
Reply 5
Thanks that does help. The email I got said they were posting in merit order based on the highest scores. I scored all 6's so was a bit surprised by that. That's great you have got your confirmation. Does it have a start date? Hope I hear something soon as I know people who have been asked to go for a substance misuse test but I haven't heard anything yet....
(Original post by NazMaddy)Hiya this is for Birmingham also. I applied in June, interview in September when I asked for feedback in October they said they are still interviewing then I got an email in October.

November email came for security clearance application. I also then got the email in december confirming location but pending security checks etc hope that helps
Reply 6
Hi SophI have had the same email and also another one the other day saying some initial posts have been filled and they are waiting for further posts to arise. Not sure what to make of this either. Have you heard anything else since?Arif

I haven't heard anything either :frown: its so frustrating
Reply 7
Hi Soph just to update you I had an email this week and have been invited for a substance test next week as the next stage of the vetting checks.
Reply 8
Hi Soph just to update you I had an email this week and have been invited for a substance test next week as the next stage of the vetting checks.

Congrats on getting the next stage :smile: did you have a choice of appointments for the substance test ? where will that take place?
Reply 9
They have given a 2 day slot to choose from and it's in Birmingham. I'm sure you will hear soon they probably can't do everyone in the same week.

(Original post by SophiaRose2)Congrats on getting the next stage :smile: did you have a choice of appointments for the substance test ? where will that take place?
Hiya! I have my substance test on tuesday. Have you been for yours?
Yes I had mine last week. Just wondering how long it will take now..
Where are you all going to be based ? I haven't heard anything since my offer letter 12/12/18 so starting to get a bit worried :x I just have this bad feeling i'm going to be put in a pool or not given a start date.
Mine is Birmingham. Just a waiting game now..
Hi has anyone heard anything else?
Hi has anyone heard anything else?

had nothing since my offer letter nearly 2 months ago and yet they said it would take upto 3 months so im guessing in the next 4 weeks ill get some more information ?
Fingers crossed. Keep us posted.
I received my pre-employment checks form today - after chasing up my progress/status.

Any updates from anyone else?
Original post by SophiaRose2
I received my pre-employment checks form today - after chasing up my progress/status.

Any updates from anyone else?

No I haven't received anything. Didn't we fill those forms in already? What is it asking for? Thanks.
(Original post by Arif2803)No I haven't received anything. Didn't we fill those forms in already? What is it asking for? Thanks.

That's the first thing they've sent me to fill out in 3 months. Any one else any closer to starting or heard more back?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending