The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TSA
Your a post grad too? What did you study if you don't mind me asking.

Where else have you applied?

Yup! Of course not- I studied pharmacology at KCL! Where did you study?

I’ve applied to KCL, Manchester, Keele and Queen’s Belfast! You?
Reply 21
Ahhh everyone has soooo much experience, I'm so scared!
Best of luck everyone :smile:

Little bit about me (undergrad):
ukcat 680avg
GCSEs 8A* 2A 1B
Predicted A*AA
Experience: hospice for 6ish months, been working in a takeaway for over a year, leader of MedSoc at college (idk if I can include that?), I have a family member with autism who I have learnt a LOT from

Reading what you guys have - wow! It's amazing that you have managed to get so much experience :smile: I just hope I can make the most of my experiences!
Original post by ellenfran23
Yup! Of course not- I studied pharmacology at KCL! Where did you study?

I’ve applied to KCL, Manchester, Keele and Queen’s Belfast! You?

Pharmacy (not gonna say uni cause I know some friends lurk here:colonhash:)

Manchester, Keele, UCLAN and aston.

I only did UKCAT. Score was mediocre. 612.5 :frown: so hoping my other experiences will shine through.
Original post by G1545

ukcat 680avg
GCSEs 8A* 2A 1B
Predicted A*AA
Experience: hospice for 6ish months, been working in a takeaway for over a year, leader of MedSoc at college (idk if I can include that?), I have a family member with autism who I have learnt a LOT from

Reading what you guys have - wow! It's amazing that you have managed to get so much experience :smile: I just hope I can make the most of my experiences!

You have lots of great experience! And great stats! I’m sure you’ll do fab
Original post by TSA
Pharmacy (not gonna say uni cause I know some friends lurk here:colonhash:)

Manchester, Keele, UCLAN and aston.

I only did UKCAT. Score was mediocre. 612.5 :frown: so hoping my other experiences will shine through.

Hahah fair enough! Good choices!!
I got 630 on UKCAT don’t worry (got 590 last year)- me and the UKCAT aren’t friends

And I’m sure your experiences will get you far!
Reply 25
You have lots of great experience! And great stats! I’m sure you’ll do fab

Thanks! where else have you applied? :smile:
Original post by G1545

ukcat 680avg
GCSEs 8A* 2A 1B
Predicted A*AA

Those grades are amazing and so is the experience. I would have liked to do more voluntary work last year but with studies and work, I had no time to sleep learn alone squeeze in voluntary work so hoping stuff from uni will pull through.
Original post by ΘTheta
Hey guys

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows when we are getting the Rand R form and when is it due by?

Good luck !!

It was sent via email with a link
Hahah fair enough! Good choices!!
I got 630 on UKCAT don’t worry (got 590 last year)- me and the UKCAT aren’t friends

And I’m sure your experiences will get you far!

I know the feeling. UKCAT has never been a strong point of mine either. Stupid shapes. The exam always feels alien to me. Like it's not like other exams where you know you have to study x, y or z and it will come up.
Original post by TSA
I know the feeling. UKCAT has never been a strong point of mine either. Stupid shapes. The exam always feels alien to me. Like it's not like other exams where you know you have to study x, y or z and it will come up.

Yeah I’m with you on that. Medical schools make us jump through so many hoops with exams it’s crazy!

I didn’t manage to get any voluntary work (patient based) during studies so I’m worried it’s going to drag me down :frown: especially with them being so strict on what you draw from shadowing :/
Original post by G1545
Thanks! where else have you applied? :smile:

KCL (Studied undergrad there and absolutely love it), Manchester and Queens Belfast! You?
Reply 30
KCL (Studied undergrad there and absolutely love it), Manchester and Queens Belfast! You?

Oh lovely!! Nottingham Sheffield and HYMS :smile:

Your recent degree sounds sooo interesting! It's so good that you had the opportunity to study that
Original post by G1545
Oh lovely!! Nottingham Sheffield and HYMS :smile:

Your recent degree sounds sooo interesting! It's so good that you had the opportunity to study that

Good choices!! What’s your preferred choice?

It was hard, but good fun! Hopefully provides a good basis for a medical degree (if I can get in/remember anything from undergrad hahah)!
Reply 32
Good choices!! What’s your preferred choice?

It was hard, but good fun! Hopefully provides a good basis for a medical degree (if I can get in/remember anything from undergrad hahah)!

Keele is my favourite along with HYMS, but honestly they're all great places and I'd be more than happy to go to any of them :smile: you?
Original post by G1545
Keele is my favourite along with HYMS, but honestly they're all great places and I'd be more than happy to go to any of them :smile: you?

Yeah same! A medical degree is a medical degree wherever you go!
Yeah I’m with you on that. Medical schools make us jump through so many hoops with exams it’s crazy!

I didn’t manage to get any voluntary work (patient based) during studies so I’m worried it’s going to drag me down :frown: especially with them being so strict on what you draw from shadowing :/

Yeah, so tired from this process and it's only just started. The wait is agonising. As long as you show something in a caring capacity for voluntary work I'm sure it'll be fine.
Reply 35
Hi everyone !!
I have applied to Keele and am concerned about my R&R form
In terms of work experience/volunteering I have
1X shadowing GP
1X shadowing hospital
1 week working in a brain injury rehab unit
3 months volunteering with kids in an after school club (was 2 years ago)
Ongoing volunteering since summer as a support worker for a girl with cerebral palsy
I am worried as I only have 3 that will be credited as shadowing is not
I have started volunteering with age UK and helping year 7s to read but I have only just started these in the past week so feel they're not worth the mention! Any advice on how strong my application would be would be appreciated thank you
Wish you all the best !
(I have applied to Liverpool, Keele, Lincoln and Sunderland)
does everyone who applied get an R&R form??
Original post by gradmedic2
does everyone who applied get an R&R form??

yep i got mine yesterday , and they sent me an email today saying they’re currently reviewing my application and will let me know as soon as a decision will be made
ahh awesome, have you sent your R&R form already? I’m hoping to send it off soon, haven’t properly read what it is tbh but hoping it isn’t too hard to fill out lol
Does anyone know if keele start marking the R&R forms all together on the 1st November? Or do you think they favour early entries?

Latest

Trending

Trending