The Student Room Group

The lesson to be learned from Trump’s demolition of “ Pocahontas”

Have you been following Trump’s brutal takedown of the putative Democrat Presidential candidate for 2020, Senator Elizabeth Warren?

To suck up to the hard left Democrat base she publicly claimed to be of Native American heritage.

So Trump traps her. He tweets, “prove it. Take a DNA test!”

What can she do? She has been hoist by her own virtue signalling, victim claiming, petard. Made into a figure of fun, shown to be insincere, and talking bs. Inauthentic.

What she DOES do, is the worst of all worlds. She takes the test which shows she might be 1024 part Native American. The country falls about laughing, Trump rips her apart calling her, sarcastically Pocahontas” and native Americans bitterly criticise her for claiming to be something she is not. Bye bye Presidential candidacy, and farewell to ever being taken seriously again, both sides of aisle and by the mainstream media.

The lesson? Don’t underestimate Trump and don’t imagine 2020 will be a shoo in. It wont be.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
The lesson is they're all fecking idiots.
Reply 2
The recipe book makes it even funnier. Pow wow chow cherokee recipes... Wow.
Reply 3
Original post by generallee
x
Warren claimed that she had Native American ancestry.
Trump promised to donate $1 million to charity if she took a DNA test and her claims were true.
The DNA test proves that she has Native American ancestry.
Trump refused to honour his promise, saying "I don't care about the test".
He later said he would pay “if I can test her personally. OK? That will not be something I enjoy doing, either. (WTF?)

The whole episode has been yet another demonstration of Trump's racism, misogyny, cheating and bare-faced lying. And yet this behaviour seems to impress some people.
*smh*
Original post by QE2
Warren claimed that she had Native American ancestry.
Trump promised to donate $1 million to charity if she took a DNA test and her claims were true.
The DNA test proves that she has Native American ancestry.
Trump refused to honour his promise, saying "I don't care about the test".
He later said he would pay “if I can test her personally. OK? That will not be something I enjoy doing, either. (WTF?)

The whole episode has been yet another demonstration of Trump's racism, misogyny, cheating and bare-faced lying. And yet this behaviour seems to impress some people.
*smh*

It’s funny watching the mental gymnastics people have to do to try and find a way to make Trump the bad guy in all of this. She lied about her ethnicity and, based on Harvard’s track record, probably got some advantage from that. By trying to make this all about Trump and using it to claim he’s shown “racism and misogyny” just highlights how much of a hack you must be.
Reply 5
Original post by Underscore__
It’s funny watching the mental gymnastics people have to do You are genuinely funny!

Trump claimed that Warren was lying about her Native American ancestry.
The DNA test showed that she did, in fact, have NA ancestry.

And yet you are attempting to claim that he was vindicated by the test.
"Mental gymnastics" indeed!

to try and find a way to make Trump the bad guy in all of this.
Well, he made jokes about her ethnicity, made weird misogynistic comments, and is refusing to honour a wager.
No one needs to "try and make Trump the bad guy" - he does it perfectly well all by himself.

She lied about her ethnicity
DNA test says otherwise.
Original post by QE2
DNA test says otherwise.

Less than 0.1% of what they think COULD be NA ancestry.

It’s stretching it say say yea this woman has NA blood in her like she said.
1/1024? So you can claim to be native American just because 1 of your 8x great grandparents is? Also ten generations is 300 years ago, long before the US was even independent.
Reply 8
It’s funny watching the mental gymnastics people have to do to try and find a way to make Trump the bad guy in all of this. She lied about her ethnicity and, based on Harvard’s track record, probably got some advantage from that. By trying to make this all about Trump and using it to claim he’s shown “racism and misogyny” just highlights how much of a hack you must be.

The fact that the Democrats and Warren have acted like complete buffoons doesn't preclude Mr Trump from being a total knobend as well. Politicians should not engage in ad hominem arguments.
I can't figure out why this is considered a news story and why people are so fixated with it.

Simple things for simple minds.
This whole thing is :biggrin:

The USA ffs :biggrin:
Original post by QE2

Well, he made jokes about her ethnicity, made weird misogynistic comments, and is refusing to honour a wager.
No one needs to "try and make Trump the bad guy" - he does it perfectly well all by himself.

DNA test says otherwise.

And she was lying. She is whiter than white. The geneticist who did the test had to use DNA samples from peru and colombia :laugh:

So I'd say it really backfired on her. The american indians definitely aren't happy about it. The jokes are well deserved. And she had a meltdown. It was pretty ugly for her.

Trump should pay the wager, a cheque for $976 should do the trick. For effect he should use one of those big cheques.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by S-man10
And she was lying. She is whiter than white. The geneticist who did the test had to use DNA samples from peru and colombia :laugh:

So I'd say it really backfired on her. The american indians definitely aren't happy about it. The jokes are well deserved. And she had a meltdown on her twitter. It was pretty ugly for her.

Trump should pay the wager, a big cheque for $976 should do the trick. For effect he should use one of those big cheques.

I agree and if a charity wasn’t agreed it should be a donation to the Democratic Party
Original post by paul514
I agree and if a charity wasn’t agreed it should be a donation to the Democratic Party

She wanted it donated to some women's shelter.

Trump won't do it but i'd recommend donating the million to an American indian charity for greater effect.
Original post by QE2
You are genuinely funny!

It doesn't say she has native ancestry, it says she might be 1/1024. The funny thing is it means Donald Trump likely has more Native American ancestry than she does.

You're also being incredibly disingenuous to pretend that her claim was simply that she has Native American ancestry; she used stereotypes to support her claim that she has native ancestry and claimed that her ethnicity was Native American, not white despite her being 99.9% white. She's credited as being the first woman of colour to become a professor at Harvard and, like I've already said, based on their history, she likely benefited from her lie.

Original post by QE2
Well, he made jokes about her ethnicity

When did he make jokes about her being white? As far as I've seen he only mocked her claim of being Native American.

Original post by QE2
made weird misogynistic comments

Such as?

Original post by QE2
and is refusing to honour a wager.

He said that he would give the $1m to charity if she could 'show that she is an Indian'; no reasonable person could think that maybe being less than 0.1% something makes you that thing.

Original post by QE2
DNA test says otherwise.

No it doesn't.

I suspect you already know all of this and you're either bored and trolling or you are so blinded with hate for Trump that you want to find a way to turn this into him being the bad guy.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by generallee
Have you been following Trump’s brutal takedown of the putative Democrat Presidential candidate for 2020, Senator Elizabeth Warren?

To suck up to the hard left Democrat base she publicly claimed to be of Native American heritage.

So Trump traps her. He tweets, “prove it. Take a DNA test!”

What can she do? She has been hoist by her own virtue signalling, victim claiming, petard. Made into a figure of fun, shown to be insincere, and talking bs. Inauthentic.

What she DOES do, is the worst of all worlds. She takes the test which shows she might be 1024 part Native American. The country falls about laughing, Trump rips her apart calling her, sarcastically Pocahontas” and native Americans bitterly criticise her for claiming to be something she is not. Bye bye Presidential candidacy, and farewell to ever being taken seriously again, both sides of aisle and by the mainstream media.

The lesson? Don’t underestimate Trump and don’t imagine 2020 will be a shoo in. It wont be.

Don't underestimate Trump? The man can't even spell the name Daniel's correctly.
Original post by Dez
The fact that the Democrats and Warren have acted like complete buffoons doesn't preclude Mr Trump from being a total knobend as well. Politicians should not engage in ad hominem arguments.

Trump is petty and far from a model politician, that's not news to anyone. In this scenario however Elizabeth Warren is the one in the wrong, not Trump. She's the one that made ethnicity an issue, you can hardly decide that it's now an out of bounds topic.
The leadership of the US is shambolic.
you are so blinded with hate for Trump that you want to find a way to turn this into him being the bad guy.

Trump is hated and Trump is a bad guy.

This is why he is loved. he is an anti hero.
Original post by S-man10
Trump is hated and Trump is a bad guy.

This is why he is loved. he is an anti hero.

The dead pool of presidents

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending