The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Worried my Nottingham Law offer is an error... please help!

Hi,
I have applied to study law about a week ago, one of the universities I chose being the University of Nottingham. I have received a conditional offer this evening, which I am obviously over the moon about.

However, I'm worried that it might be an error. The LNAT results are only able to be downloaded by the universities from the 21st October, according to the LNAT website. Nottingham stated in the acknowledgement letter that it is 'necessary for us to have your results from the LNAT before we can further consider your application'. Furthermore, I was offered AAB- a grade lower than the standard offer. The combination of these things make me think that it could be an error. Does anybody know if Nottingham ever offers before LNAT results are received?

If anybody is able to shed any light on this I would be really grateful- I will of course ring admissions tomorrow to confirm but I would be grateful for for any comments here too.

Thanks!!
Reply 1
I was also very confused about this - I got one today as well. Only think I can think of is that they were released early this year as there isn't a massive amount of info available about the release date?? I wouldn't worry though, I very much doubt they would make an error but it is strange.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Al2706
I was also very confused about this - I got one today as well. Only think I can think of is that they were released early this year as there isn't a massive amount of info available about the release date?? I wouldn't worry though, I very much doubt they would make an error but it is strange.

Yeah, I'm hoping that LNAT just haven't updated their website about the release date! Well done for getting an offer, might see you at Nottingham ahah
Reply 3
Original post by Dobby's Phoenix
Yeah, I'm hoping that LNAT just haven't updated their website about the release date! Well done for getting an offer, might see you at Nottingham ahah

Hopefully! I got the shock of my life when UCAS updated this evening. Thank you, massive congrats for getting AAB as well, that's insane! Pls update if you find anything out from admissions tomorrow hahaha, would be slightly awkward if I had to tell people my offer was a mistake
Original post by Al2706
Hopefully! I got the shock of my life when UCAS updated this evening. Thank you, massive congrats for getting AAB as well, that's insane! Pls update if you find anything out from admissions tomorrow hahaha, would be slightly awkward if I had to tell people my offer was a mistake

Ahah cheers, will do! That would be pretty bad, I might stop telling friends I've received an offer until I'm sure I actually have ahaha
Reply 5
Ahah cheers, will do! That would be pretty bad, I might stop telling friends I've received an offer until I'm sure I actually have ahaha

Ahaha me too actually, might be time for some damage limitation
Reply 6

If anybody is able to shed any light on this I would be really grateful- I will of course ring admissions tomorrow to confirm but I would be grateful for for any comments here too.

Thanks!!

And what was the outcome? I very much doubt it's a error.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They could have also looked at your application as a whole, personal statement, references, gcses etc, and realised that you're actually quite a strong candidate with potential, ring admissions up but I don't think its anything to stress about :biggrin:(easier said than done I know! :colondollar:) --also, well done!
@doonsbury @CinnamonSmol @Al2706 It's not an error thankfully! Apparently they've already recieved the LNAT scores so it's probably just the LNAT website that's incorrect :smile:
Reply 9
@doonsbury @CinnamonSmol @Al2706 It's not an error thankfully! Apparently they've already recieved the LNAT scores so it's probably just the LNAT website that's incorrect :smile:

There you go :smile: Congrats :yay:
Original post by Doonesbury
There you go :smile: Congrats :yay:

Thank you !!

Well done!! :woo: :party:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 12

Ahh, brilliant! Thank you - good luck with the rest of your unis :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending