The Student Room Group

Urgent a level options

I'm very stuck on what to choose for my a levels and I don't really know what I want to do in life so I'm going to choose optioms that I like/am good at. I am definitely choosing Maths and Spanish but for my third and fourth options what should I choose??? Two between Economics, Biology, Business and Chemistry. I've heard that Business isn't as 'well respected'as the other three by unis and its very similar to Economics to it's kinda useless. Also I've heard that Biology is more useful with Chemistry but I don't really like Chemistry and I don't think I would enjoy it. I'll probably choose Economics and Biology but what careers could I go into with those 4 options (Maths, Spanish, Biology and Economics)?? btw I want to go to Uni. Thanks!
Spanish is a strange option to do with Maths. You could take a career towards accounting with maths and economics. If you have a certain career goal, look at universities and see what subjects they want. I would recommend to take 3 A-levels since a lot of universities don't care about the 4.
do subjects you enjoy at a level (whilst also bearing in mind university course requirements)

youve got a good spread of a levels so you should be able to get onto most uni courses

you could potentially get into most "city" careers e.g. finance, law, banking, accountancy with those a levels and the right uni degree

you could also go into biological research if thats your thing although some unis prefer biology students to have chemistry
Reply 3
Original post by theteknikal
do subjects you enjoy at a level (whilst also bearing in mind university course requirements)

youve got a good spread of a levels so you should be able to get onto most uni courses

you could potentially get into most "city" careers e.g. finance, law, banking, accountancy with those a levels and the right uni degree

you could also go into biological research if thats your thing although some unis prefer biology students to have chemistry

thanks!
Reply 4
Original post by Guarddyyy
Spanish is a strange option to do with Maths. You could take a career towards accounting with maths and economics. If you have a certain career goal, look at universities and see what subjects they want. I would recommend to take 3 A-levels since a lot of universities don't care about the 4.

I guess it is a bit strange, but I really love Spanish and I think it'd be a fun option to choose (though also really difficult I'm guessing). But thanks for the advice!
Original post by Guarddyyy

depends on the degree

a girl I know did maths, spanish and history at a level and now does law at oxford
Original post by aaakhtar1
I guess it is a bit strange, but I really love Spanish and I think it'd be a fun option to choose (though also really difficult I'm guessing). But thanks for the advice!

Just remember though, more subjects = more workload. But then again, it's easier to take 4 subjects and drop one rather than take 3 and pick one up as I did.

Quick Reply

Latest