The Student Room Group

Should i save this Skirt ...?

Poll

Should i save this Skirt ...?

Its another one from the Rag Bag in the Charity Shop that i work,due to be sent to a Textile Recycle company ..

Scroll to see replies

That skirt looks exactly like the other ones - one that needs binning

im more interested in those funky steps tbh
Reply 2
Original post by CoolCavy
That skirt looks exactly like the other ones - one that needs binning

I Think they are old School Skirts .. im more interested in those funky steps tbh

those steps were brought in this Monday
(edited 5 years ago)
Toss it. The material looks too thin/cheap for something that would have otherwise have looked smart.
Original post by sinfonietta
Toss it. The material looks too thin/cheap for something that would have otherwise have looked smart.

Looks like my old school skirt (Ew the memories of having to wear a skirt :puke:) tbh, maybe that's where it ended up when I binned it :beard:
Reply 5
working in a charity shop i get to see how much stuff fails the quality test ..meaning it does not go out for sale in the shop , ..jeans , tops ,shoes, Tights, Socks,Bras ..like this skirt ,still wearable but whoever is sorting at the time deems it to shabby to make any money from it , as the shop get payed by weight in rags [not quality] the more clothes they throw out the more cash they can make , The Textile company we use does not send them abroad ,all clothes are shredded or pulled into fibres after having zips, buttons taken off ..
It's nothing special, I don't know why you would want to save it tbh.
Reply 7
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
It's nothing special, I don't know why you would want to save it tbh.

because it will only get cut up for rags after taking the zip off.
The skirt doesn't look too bad, it looks in better condition than the other skirt you saved. I would just wash it really well and just wear it around the house without tights or you could wear tights with it maybe better in a nude colour rather than a dark colour. Wear it with just a jumper maybe
Original post by lightlyblue
because it will only get cut up for rags after taking the zip off.

Yeah but the same could be said for countless other items, surely, and as I said it's nothing special.
ok ..so many mixed opinions that i have decided to make this into a poll ..you decide what i should do with it .
Still as horrible as the other one
ok ..so many mixed opinions that i have decided to make this into a poll ..you decide what i should do with it .

Literally only 1 person has said maybe keep it, everyone else has said get rid. What mixed opinions are you seeing
There is not enough people voting in the poll ...only one person so far has voted for it to be ragged ..but remember ..its still wearable ..its stretchy , and last but not least , its a lovely Blue Colour ..
Time is running out ..Textiles come tomorrow morning for a collection .
There is not enough people voting in the poll ...only one person so far has voted for it to be ragged ..but remember ..its still wearable ..its stretchy , and last but not least , its a lovely Blue Colour ..

Sounds like you want to keep it so just keep it.
No it’s not worth it you can buy a new one which will be nice and a different color that you can wear everyday this one is more formal
Why would you wear a pillow case and claim it's a skirt?
4 voted toss it back in the ragbag ...3 have voted to save it from being shredded..not long to go now , Textile van is collecting from the shop this morning .....get voting in the poll ...only you can make a difference !!
Thats it ...its gone for good :biggrin: Bagged up with the rest of the Rags and taken by the Textile Recyclers to be Shredded :frown: never to be seen again !! Best thing about working in a charity shop , i get to see everything ..ill keep on searching till i find something worth saving .

Quick Reply

Latest