The Student Room Group

DTM modelling agency

Hi

Can anyone tell me whether they have any experience from Dynamic Talent Management Modelling based in London? £90 deposit then different package costs. They seem like nice people but having spoken to them they told me that agencies I've already joined are scams and now very apprehensive to any agency. TIA.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I’ve been called for this on Saturday the 15th, any updates on how it went or are you yet to pay them a visit? I’ve had bad experiences in the past with model management firms so I was intrigued at how this one was telling me the same about how I’ve been scammed etc...
Reply 2
This is a scam - DO NOT GO!

They took my money, a girl called Sofia, and then nothing - not a thing.

I kept emailing and eventually talk to them and they refuse a refund. Complete waste of time and money.

Dynamic model management are a complete scam do not believe their reviews page which they write themselves.

I am going to speak to my bank and get my money back (i hope). I'll let you know
Hi there.....

Firstly to the person claiming DTM is a scam, why have you come to this conclusion?

If you've made a down payment, it goes towards a membership which entitles you to many different services - services employment agencies do not provide. These are services that would independently cost a fortune for a startup, however a DTM member is allowed to utilse these services when they want. It's not all about skill development for us, its about mindset, lifestyle, relationship management and of course working opportunities, both paid and unpaid.
If you need a clearer understanding please browse and 'READ' through our website thoroughly - www.dynamictalentmanagement.com

DTM has never claimed to be a EMPLOYMENT AGENCY. Read throught our articles and 'message of the day' on both FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM however due to the nature of our work we seek and build great working relationships with clients which in turn provides opportunity for the talent within our DTM community. Check out our work links below:

FB : DynamicTalentManagement
INSTAGRAM : @DynamicTalentUK

Furthermore, we are here to prevent people from being exploited and our models can testify to this. They are easily contactable through our social media pages and have all been through the exact same process. Some models now call themselves DTM AMBASSDORS/MENTORS due to our heavy involvement in their growth and development.

Regarding refunds, prior to booking your appointment you agree to our terms and that's when we process the finalised application. We are NOT offering free photoshoots for people to try it out, no. Our community is for talent who are ready to pursue and commit to their dream/career whether they doit full time or part time.

Our work speaks for itself and is very transparent for the public to see. In regards to communication, as you can see, we.are very open for communication and will not shy away from a phone call or email.

Hope the above is useful.

Find more replies to your questions or reviews below.
(edited 5 years ago)
Great advice. Best thing to do is go on the instagram and contact the models directly. @dynamictalentuk
Original post by Mo_999

I kept emailing and eventually talk to them and they refuse a refund. Complete waste of time and money.

Dynamic model management are a complete scam do not believe their reviews page which they write themselves.

I am going to speak to my bank and get my money back (i hope). I'll let you know

Please confirm your full name?
Original post by SBocking
Hi

Can anyone tell me whether they have any experience from Dynamic Talent Management Modelling based in London? £90 deposit then different package costs. They seem like nice people but having spoken to them they told me that agencies I've already joined are scams and now very apprehensive to any agency. TIA.

Hi Tia

No.1 priority for DTM is safeguarding all models from being exploited. So that's only reason one of the staff made you aware of what company was a scam. If you're apprehensive that's understandable but only time will tell and dont say we didn't warn you. But totally wish you all the best.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Mo_999

You also state that no-one has tried to contact you or no-one picks up when you call but it's funny how we would respond on here for everyone to see but shy away from responding to a call or e-mail.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by SBocking
Hi

Yes I do. They are well organised and deliver results as long as your onit! They are very strict! Most of the staff are hot! lool
Reply 9
im with DTM. been with them since Sept 2017 and I dont have anythinf bad to say. in fact when i started i had no experience and now i have a massive portfolio which i have been building on ever since with photographers given to me by my manager and this is when i want!. i have worked with loads of clients through dtm including music videos with chip, aj tracey and i recently shot with dizzee rascal and skepta new video. Dtm has also got me work with toni & guy, kings clothing, savii london clothing and many more. I also do loads of studio mentoring for the new models that join and all I can say is my growthh has been amzing thanx to Dtm xx you can follow me on instagram @_mell_issa_
DTM have been good to me! Im an actor and I sometimes model. My Talent Manager gets my headshots updated once every 3 months which is standard and I atleast get 4/5 jobs and audtions per month. I have normal job so the amount each month is fine for me. I have recently starred in a BBC series yet to be released and a few different TV commericals. I have met some talent on the DTM books and they seem really nice. Signed up to a 2 year plan back in January 2018 and I've had no problems so far.
Original post by tomnash245
DTM have been good to me! Im an actor and I sometimes model. My Talent Manager gets my headshots updated once every 3 months which is standard and I atleast get 4/5 jobs and audtions per month. I have normal job so the amount each month is fine for me. I have recently starred in a BBC series yet to be released and a few different TV commericals. I have met some talent on the DTM books and they seem really nice. Signed up to a 2 year plan back in January 2018 and I've had no problems so far.

Are the creations of a portfolio expensive ?? Seeing that you came in with no experience and it was your first time working with DTM ???
Reply 12
I joined today please tell me if they are legit?
Why would you join and then ask if there legit loool. DO RESEARCH!After my own research they seem very legit for startup models!
How is this possible! looool You sound like your making this stuff up!

Original post by Mo_999

Reply 15
Why would any modelling agency ask for money upfront? That seems extremely dodgy and idk about you but if someone made me pay before I even know if I'm going to get a chance in this industry I would not be up for saying "Sure, let me throw my money away for a 1 in 10 chance I'll get accepted". And the fact you are trying to prove the point that you are not a scam so heavily by even going to the lengths of saying something as unprofessional as:

"You also state that no-one has tried to contact you or no-one picks up when you call but it's funny how we would respond on here for everyone to see but shy away from responding to a call or e-mail."

That is the least professional thing I have ever heard. This does not make me want to sign up for this site at all and for one thing definitely does not convince me to join.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Em0
Why would any modelling agency ask for money upfront? That seems extremely dodgy and idk about you but if someone made me pay before I even know if I'm going to get a chance in this industry I would not be up for saying "Sure, let me throw my money away for a 1 in 10 chance I'll get accepted". And the fact you are trying to prove the point that you are not a scam so heavily by even going to the lengths of saying something as unprofessional as:

"You also state that no-one has tried to contact you or no-one picks up when you call but it's funny how we would respond on here for everyone to see but shy away from responding to a call or e-mail."

That is the least professional thing I have ever heard. This does not make me want to sign up for this site at all and for one thing definitely does not convince me to join.

Well you obviously haven't researched DTM and the work they do. I am a photographer for DTM and they have never said they were an agency even to me. There business is to help aspiring models develop, and grow, and from my knowledge they have been doing so for loads of models, ones I have personally worked with. I have been involved in projects with them and the whole team are only about good vibes!
I want to add that they charge for a service and that service isnt to find anyone work. It's about the models long term growth and development. Their site also explains this www.dynamictalentmanagement.com

They also have genuine reviews from their models and clients, I know cause I have worked directly with some of their main models who have left reviews. Also check out their instagram reviews, all positive!
Reply 18
Don't believe the fake positive reviews!This is an absolutely awful and dishonest agency and they treat people with no respect.
To Make things clear, No model agency should be selling you a portfolio. A portfolio isn't something that can be bought it is something you constantly have to building on. No company would be investing in you for free. And if they are not making a payment very clear their a scam. However DTM works on a membership bases and the down-payment is deducted from the membership you purchase. All the pictures taken with DTM are given to you for FREE.

Quick Reply

Latest