The Student Room Group

NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme 2019

post removed
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm just now seeing the tests section has a Video Situational Judgement test. This wasn't there before unless I'm not remembering correctly, does this mean we'll be recorded giving a response to a situation? Or does this simply mean answering questions with scenarios given in the form of videos?
Reply 2
That's what I was assuming because it seemed way too rigorous so early on but had friends who have had similar tests in other schemes. Not doing the tests just yet anyway so hopefully someone who already has can confirm soon.
What scheme is everyone applying to?
Does anyone know whether it matters if you complete the test early vs nearer the deadline? Like do they decide on who gets an interview on a rolling basis or once everyone has completed their online tests?
Reply 5
Original post by christianpeters
I've completed all my tests, passed them all :smile:

So they gave you feedback relatively fast. How similar is it to the practice ones?
Original post by shauna280497
Does anyone know whether it matters if you complete the test early vs nearer the deadline? Like do they decide on who gets an interview on a rolling basis or once everyone has completed their online tests?

Don’t think it matters but I’d just do it as soon as poss. No harm in doing it early!
Reply 7
If I apply for general management would I be eligible to apply for the NHS Scientist Training Programme?
Hey! For some reason it won't let me click next on the education part of the form despite me filling in all of the sections. Does anyone know an email for the scheme so I can get some help with this?
Reply 9
Original post by sweetshops
Hey! For some reason it won't let me click next on the education part of the form despite me filling in all of the sections. Does anyone know an email for the scheme so I can get some help with this?

[email protected] I'd email them.
I have applied for the HR scheme here. Is the video interview similar to the fast stream one?
Reply 11
I applied last year and got put on the waiting list right at the end after the assessment centre.
Unfortunately I didn't get it but applying again this year :smile:

I'm happy to answer any questions but it looks like the recruitment process has changed slightly this year so not sure how much help I'll be.

Good luck all.
Reply 12
Original post by shauna280497

They seem to stick to their given closing date so I don't think it matters when you do them as long as you leave yourself enough time to complete them all.
Everyone gets their test results etc on the same date as well - usually late December.
Apologies if this has changed, but i'm pretty sure it won't have done.

I'd recommend following their twitter page if you don't already (@NHSgradscheme) - they're very active on it.
Reply 13
Original post by Laura75
I applied last year and got put on the waiting list right at the end after the assessment centre.
Unfortunately I didn't get it but applying again this year :smile:

I'm happy to answer any questions but it looks like the recruitment process has changed slightly this year so not sure how much help I'll be.

Good luck all.

What are the changes you've seen?
Reply 14
Original post by GDMF
What are the changes you've seen?

There wasn't a video interview stage last year. They did face to face interviews instead. I think they're opening the scheme up to more people which probably explains why they've changed it. Also every other grad scheme seems to do them don't they!

Also, the online tests looks slightly different - I can't remember exactly what they were like but it definitely had a logical one and not critical reasoning. I'm pretty sure your time wasn't taken into account last year but I could be wrong about that.
I'm looking at applying but do you have to complete the tests straight away after your application or is there a certain time frame they need to be completed in?
Original post by beth0129
I'm looking at applying but do you have to complete the tests straight away after your application or is there a certain time frame they need to be completed in?

You don't have to do the tests straight away, as long as you complete them before the application deadline (sometime in December I believe) you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by Laura75
They seem to stick to their given closing date so I don't think it matters when you do them as long as you leave yourself enough time to complete them all.
Everyone gets their test results etc on the same date as well - usually late December.
Apologies if this has changed, but i'm pretty sure it won't have done.

I'd recommend following their twitter page if you don't already (@NHSgradscheme) - they're very active on it.

They've told me results will be emailed on 7th Jan :smile:
Original post by Laura75
There wasn't a video interview stage last year. They did face to face interviews instead. I think they're opening the scheme up to more people which probably explains why they've changed it. Also every other grad scheme seems to do them don't they!

Also, the online tests looks slightly different - I can't remember exactly what they were like but it definitely had a logical one and not critical reasoning. I'm pretty sure your time wasn't taken into account last year but I could be wrong about that.

Oh, it’s a video interview instead of a face to face? Is there anywhere on the website that confirms that? Thank you for the heads up though!
Can anyone recommend the best websites to practise situational judgement tests? So far I have been using 'Practise Aptitude Tests'.
I am just wondering if theres any other websites more in line with the values of the NHS.

Or if anyone has already completed the situational judgement tests, what were they like? I feel that most online practise sites involve problems based in general office settings, rather than within the NHS.

Quick Reply

Latest