The Student Room Group

He called at 6AM?!

Hey, so I have a friend he's gone back to his country.
Whilst living in the same Uni accomodation, it was evident he liked me, he asked me to go for a meal 3 X but this other guy had my attention. Fast forward the other guy wasted my time, we did not even get tgt and my friend went back.

During my mates stay, he bought food whenever I was ill, I would go down and it became a habit of us both to give hugs, he would hug me really tight. Then when he left... he contacted me 2 months later we spoke. But after that it was always me texting etc. Recently, i told him i liked me via phone, we both know it wouldnt work out but i still told him even tho i wouldnt date due to countries and religion differences. He told me nothing can happen between us, i told u before not to expect anything, sorry, friends is okay. I said would things be different if I believed in your relgion? He said lets not think about that, let's be realistic here.

Fast forward, we still talk to each other, now suddenly he is the one that snaps me first. I told him only on 2 occasions to call me at 6am to wake me up. One occasion he did, 2nd he woke up late and apologised/ But today he called me out of the blue at 6:15AM I jumped. Is he a real friend? does he sincerely care?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, so I have a friend he's gone back to his country.
Whilst living in the same Uni accomodation, it was evident he liked me, he asked me to go for a meal 3 X but this other guy had my attention. Fast forward the other guy wasted my time, we did not even get tgt and my friend went back.

During my mates stay, he bought food whenever I was ill, I would go down and it became a habit of us both to give hugs, he would hug me really tight. Then when he left... he contacted me 2 months later we spoke. But after that it was always me texting etc. Recently, i told him i liked me via phone, we both know it wouldnt work out but i still told him even tho i wouldnt date due to countries and religion differences. He told me nothing can happen between us, i told u before not to expect anything, sorry, friends is okay. I said would things be different if I believed in your relgion? He said lets not think about that, let's be realistic here.

Fast forward, we still talk to each other, now suddenly he is the one that snaps me first. I told him only on 2 occasions to call me at 6am to wake me up. One occasion he did, 2nd he woke up late and apologised/ But today he called me out of the blue at 6:15AM I jumped. Is he a real friend? does he sincerely care?

What's the issue? What is making you think he isn't a real friend?
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
What's the issue? What is making you think he isn't a real friend?

Nothing apart from that he has never discussed about his personal life e.g. family and close friends. But it's evident he cares about me like I pissed him off cuz I deleted a chat, yet he still sent me a snap and said something when I said I wanted to hear his voice and even said gn
Nothing apart from that he has never discussed about his personal life e.g. family and close friends. But it's evident he cares about me like I pissed him off cuz I deleted a chat, yet he still sent me a snap and said something when I said I wanted to hear his voice and even said gn

You're not making much sense with what you want advice on - you're jumping between things. Why are you so shocked he called at 6am if the issue is he isn't talking about his personal life? Why is it a big deal that he said goodnight to you?
You're not making much sense with what you want advice on - you're jumping between things. Why are you so shocked he called at 6am if the issue is he isn't talking about his personal life? Why is it a big deal that he said goodnight to you?

I am as nice as an angel but no one knows anything about me: where my parents originated, whether I have siblings, whether I live with my family or I was adopted, whether I am heterosexual or homosexual or even Asexual, despite all of these people trust me with their life’s and I rely on other people.

We are all different even though we look the same,
I am as nice as an angel but no one knows anything about me: where my parents originated, whether I have siblings, whether I live with my family or I was adopted, whether I am heterosexual or homosexual or even Asexual, despite all of these people trust me with their life’s and I rely on other people.

We are all different even though we look the same,

Sorry I still have no idea how this relates to your original post and you aren't answering my questions so I don't know how to help you.

It seems like you have some emotions you need to work through.

Come back later when you've had a think and you've sorted through how you're feeling. Then ask for some advice when you know what you want to get help with.

All the best.
Reply 6

Hey I'm Anon 2 the one who made this thread, the other person wasn't me. Okay so what in confused on is why did he call me when I didn't ask him to?
Hey I'm Anon 2 the one who made this thread, the other person wasn't me. Okay so what in confused on is why did he call me when I didn't ask him to?

Ah okay. On the app it doesn't number the anons. That person is just confusing me!

Maybe he got confused with when you wanted to to call. Just ask him if you want to know.
(edited 5 years ago)
Sorry I still have no idea how this relates to your original post and you aren't answering my questions so I don't know how to help you.

It seems like you have some emotions you need to work through.

Come back later when you've had a think and you've sorted through how you're feeling. Then ask for some advice when you know what you want to get help with.

All the best.

Oops lol I was just commenting on the girls thread lol
You asked him to call and he did?
Ah okay. On the app it doesn't number the anons. That person is just confusing me!

Maybe he got confused with when you wanted to to call. Just ask him if you want to know.

Yeah if he does it again I will.
Does he care?
He even sent me a gn snap after 5 mins of opening my chat
Yeah if he does it again I will.
Does he care?
He even sent me a gn snap after 5 mins of opening my chat

If he doesn't care about you he wouldn't make the effort to talk to you.
Oops lol I was just commenting on the girls thread lol

Why did you quote me then if you weren't replying to me?
(edited 5 years ago)
Why did you quote me then if you weren't replying to me?

Apologies, I didn’t realise I meant to be quoting the anonymous

Sorry for the confusion
If he doesn't care about you he wouldn't make the effort to talk to you.

That's so true! Like before he wouldn't even send snaps to me but now days he does like I msg goodnight and he sent me a snap of him And caption goodnight. Blessed with a decent friend I guess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending