The Student Room Group

Language ALEVEL IRP

What is everyone doing this year as their topic? How much have you prepared for the 10 min discussion? How are you predicted what the discussion will be?

I'm doing French and Italian A Level:
French = Jusqu'à quel point est-ce que le roman Le Gone du Chaâba réfléchit la société actuellement?
Italian = La colonizzazione della Libia (1911-34)

If anyone knows anything about these topics, it would be much appreciated :smile:

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by lfe2018
What is everyone doing this year as their topic? How much have you prepared for the 10 min discussion? How are you predicted what the discussion will be?

I'm doing French and Italian A Level:
French = Jusqu'à quel point est-ce que le roman Le Gone du Chaâba réfléchit la société actuellement?
Italian = La colonizzazione della Libia (1911-34)

If anyone knows anything about these topics, it would be much appreciated :smile:

Thanks!

I didn't do that as my topic when I did my French A Level last year but what I did could be of some help??

So I did immigration and how it has affected current French society, and what my school did was we prepared an introduction from which we could then draw out several topics which would be covered in our discussion. For example, with mine, I went on to discuss female immigrants and religion, including the interesting debate on the burqini that was raging at the time.

My teacher obviously had to let us deal with this on our own pretty much, but what I tried to do was know my introduction back to front and inside out, before working on key phrases and statistics that I would try to include. Writing down some potential questions that could come out of the introduction and planning replies to those was also useful for me.

I hope that this is even a little helpful - sorry I can't help more with your actual topics!
Reply 2
Original post by AlexaEJ
I didn't do that as my topic when I did my French A Level last year but what I did could be of some help??

So I did immigration and how it has affected current French society, and what my school did was we prepared an introduction from which we could then draw out several topics which would be covered in our discussion. For example, with mine, I went on to discuss female immigrants and religion, including the interesting debate on the burqini that was raging at the time.

My teacher obviously had to let us deal with this on our own pretty much, but what I tried to do was know my introduction back to front and inside out, before working on key phrases and statistics that I would try to include. Writing down some potential questions that could come out of the introduction and planning replies to those was also useful for me.

I hope that this is even a little helpful - sorry I can't help more with your actual topics!

Thank you so much, very useful!
Reply 3
Original post by MinaBee
Hey guys! I did A-level French and Spanish last year so I know how much of a pain the IRP can be. If you have any questions feel free to ask me! :smile:

Hi, I am currently deciding on whether to carry on with my topic of lgbt rights in france for my irp but im not sure where to go with it? do you possibly have any ideas for this topic or im not sure what to make my main question for my presentation.. thanks :smile:
Original post by xhaylssx
Hi, I am currently deciding on whether to carry on with my topic of lgbt rights in france for my irp but im not sure where to go with it? do you possibly have any ideas for this topic or im not sure what to make my main question for my presentation.. thanks :smile:

You could examine how attitudes towards LGBT rights have changed over time or maybe compare the rights in France to another French speaking country? :smile:
Reply 5
Hi, I am also doing French and Spanish. I am struggling to come up with the question for the for my research, any help? Thank you :smile:
Original post by MinaBee
Hey guys! I did A-level French and Spanish last year so I know how much of a pain the IRP can be. If you have any questions feel free to ask me! :smile:
I was just wondering ... if I prepare the answers to about 15 key questions as well as learning off my presentation inside out, would that be enough to get an A*?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending