The Student Room Group

Why does everyone at university do drugs?

Why does every single person at university do drugs, especially the girls? You'd think there would be a few people that don't but no, they all do. What is it about university that makes people get into this kind of stuff?

Scroll to see replies

I've never heard of this

It must be just your university?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Cretinous sheep will do that as are sad
Reply 3
Original post by Suleman_Ak
I've never heard of this

It must be just your university?

There's tons of anecdotal evidence from all over. People talking abut how everyone wil get into drugs when they go to uni. I wish it wasn't true. It certainly wasnt true 30-40 years ago. What's changed? Why doesnt there seem to be any variety among university students? Why do they all follow the crowd?
Reply 4
They don't.

And people will always talk nonsense and boast to fit in with the crowd.
Their future, their grade - they know that they need to achieve a certain grade in the university such as most firms require a 2:1 at least then maybe that's why they're doing drugs, all due to intense work - however, I don't know why its only girls

Maybe it's a social trend?

Idek.
(edited 5 years ago)
it is true that a lot of young folk think that it is "cool" to smoke "Mary Jane". they are risking their health and a criminal record.
Reply 7
Original post by Drewski
They don't.

And people will always talk nonsense and boast to fit in with the crowd.

Find me one person at university who doesn't do drugs. You won't.
Reply 8
Original post by the bear
it is true that a lot of young folk think that it is "cool" to smoke "Mary Jane". they are risking their health and a criminal record.

True. They all follow the crowd.
Reply 9
Original post by abc94

I can find you a few thousand...

You're blinded by a few idiots.
You haven't met many people I'm guessing.

Every single person does not do them. At mine, I've only met one or two that have. And I haven't even smelt cannabis smoke once around the halls. I'm actually quite surprised.

As for trying new things, drugs, new found freedom gives people the chance. It doesn't make them do it.
Most students don't drink at your uni? Strange...
Reply 12
Original post by abc94
why does every single person at university do drugs, especially the girls? You'd think there would be a few people that don't but no, they all do. What is it about university that makes people get into this kind of stuff?

loooooool
Reply 13
Original post by the bear

LMAO I love the way you said Mary Jane like a dad would say it
Reply 14
Original post by abc94
There's tons of anecdotal evidence from all over. People talking abut how everyone wil get into drugs when they go to uni. I wish it wasn't true. It certainly wasnt true 30-40 years ago. What's changed? Why doesnt there seem to be any variety among university students? Why do they all follow the crowd?

Managed 4 years at Uni without taking drugs, they didn’t teach me to use anecdotal evidence either. You must be in a β€˜special’ Uni πŸ˜‚
Most notable factors:
- People think its cool to become borderline alcoholics/junkies
- Depression from leaving home (most underlooked reason - mental health)
- First real freedom away from parents who actually care about your wellbeing

From my experience, it's ingrained into British culture - to take drugs/alcohol.Students in mainland Europe are far more mature than us.
First time away from home, peer pressure, easier due to the amount of parties and nights out, wanting to fit in, distraction from poor mental health or stress
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 17
I just wish there were people at uni that didn't do that.
Reply 18
Original post by abc94

Here.

Generalisation busted.
There weren’t any in my Welcome Pack. I’m gonna sue.

Quick Reply

Latest