The Student Room Group

Accidental lie on personal statement PLEASE HELP

Basically , I accidently said I volunteer at the High Dependency unit when I volunteer at the short medical stay unit in my personal statement. I was a unintentional mistake that i only just noticed, how should i fix it ? I have emailed my volunteer supervisor to ask if i can gain experience in that area but im afraid i wont be allowed to. how should i go about this ? should i email the unis ?
Just email the unis, it’s not too big a problem don’t worry
How do you manage to get something like that wrong?
Original post by Thomas_Grimes_17
Just email the unis, it’s not too big a problem don’t worry

will that not be unprofessional tho ?
Original post by AzureCeleste
How do you manage to get something like that wrong?

i volunteer at B6 but i didnt know the full name so i looked it up, then i misread it. I read the name of B2 instead of the name of B6, It was so stupid of me
Original post by wanna be medic
Basically , I accidently said I volunteer at the High Dependency unit when I volunteer at the short medical stay unit in my personal statement. I was a unintentional mistake that i only just noticed, how should i fix it ? I have emailed my volunteer supervisor to ask if i can gain experience in that area but im afraid i wont be allowed to. how should i go about this ? should i email the unis ?

Your life is over. You will never be a medic.
will that not be unprofessional tho ?

No, and it’s better to be “unprofessional” than lie.
i volunteer at B6 but i didnt know the full name so i looked it up, then i misread it. I read the name of B2 instead of the name of B6, It was so stupid of me

But shouldn't you have realised that it couldn't have been HDU you were in?
Anyway, it won't make a massive difference.
I'd wait for someone more experienced in this area to respond concerning this and what they suggest
Original post by Thomas_Grimes_17
No, and it’s better to be “unprofessional” than lie.

okay cheer, i was tniking if i volunteer there before my interview it would be fine but i think i should email them .
How on earth could you type that by mistake?
But shouldn't you have realised that it couldn't have been HDU you were in?
Anyway, it won't make a massive difference.
I'd wait for someone more experienced in this area to respond concerning this and what they suggest

I know i really don't know what i was thinking, i'll wait a day and the see then
Isn’t there quite a big difference between the High Dependency Unit and the Short Stay Unit?

I mean isn’t the HDU just below the Intensive Care Unit?

I’m just wondering how you managed to confuse them when they are really quite different.
Original post by Waldorf67
Isn’t there quite a big difference between the High Dependency Unit and the Short Stay Unit?

I mean isn’t the HDU just below the Intensive Care Unit?

I’m just wondering how you managed to confuse them when they are really quite different.

Yup ^^ That's what I was thinking. But if you see their response above you can see what they did.
But even then you'd hope they'd know where they were having work experience.
Yup ^^ That's what I was thinking. But if you see their response above you can see what they did.
But even then you'd hope they'd know where they were having work experience.

i wrote HDU without thinking , it was so stupid , i'm really regretting it

I don't understand how you could confuse the two ...
Reply 15
Moved to the Medicine forum...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending