The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway, University of London applicants chat and FAQ 2019

Hi everyone!

This is a thread for all applicants thinking of studying at Royal Holloway in 2019. Feel free to ask any questions, or just to introduce yourself. :hello:

Here's a few questions to get you get started:

What course will you be applying for?
How are you feeling about starting uni?
Are you planning on attending an Open Day or have you already been to one? (Feel free to share any pictures of campus you might have!)

Thomas, Jane and guests 600x270.jpg

Want more information about Royal Holloway? You can order a prospectus here.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I am so happy to recieve an offer to study Biomedical Sciences at Royal Holloway! I attended the open day yesterday and it was great to meet your enthustastic lecturers!
I would like to ask when is the next applicants day? and how will it be run? Will it be similar to an induction day or freshers?

Kind regards,

Kamil
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by ka.milll
Hi, I am so happy to recieve an offer to study Biomedical Sciences at Royal Holloway! I attended the open day yesterday and it was great to meet your enthustastic lecturers!
I would like to ask when is the next applicants day? and how will it be run? Will it be similar to an induction day or freshers?

Kind regards,

Kamil

Hi Kamil,

Congratulations on receiving an offer! :clap2:

It's great to hear that you enjoyed the Open Day.

Keep an eye on your email as we'll start sending out Applicant Visit Day invitations in the next few weeks with all the details for the day. They're similar to an Open Day, but offer a strong focus on your academic department with departmental sessions that usually last half a day. You'll also have an opportunity to speak to members of our student support teams about studying abroad, disability and dyslexia support, finance and any admission queries you might have.

Susana :smile:
Hey there!
I just got an offer for BSc Computer Science (Software Engineering) with a year in industry.I was wondering what is the Wi-Fi speed at Gowar and Wedderburn, since it is not mentioned anywhere. Hopefully there is no limit as well :smile:
Original post by alex20044
Hey there!
I just got an offer for BSc Computer Science (Software Engineering) with a year in industry.I was wondering what is the Wi-Fi speed at Gowar and Wedderburn, since it is not mentioned anywhere. Hopefully there is no limit as well :smile:

Hi alex20044,

Our on-campus internet doesn't have a download limit and you can expect speeds of up to 54Mb a second over Wi-Fi and 100Mps over wired internet. Please note that there is no difference between the wireless and wired connection, except if you're gaming or streaming HD, where you might want to use an Ethernet cable. All of our halls of residence rooms have plug-in points and we provide Wi-Fi coverage across the campus.

Have you had a chance to visit the campus yet?

Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi alex20044,

Our on-campus internet doesn't have a download limit and you can expect speeds of up to 54Mb a second over Wi-Fi and 100Mps over wired internet. Please note that there is no difference between the wireless and wired connection, except if you're gaming or streaming HD, where you might want to use an Ethernet cable. All of our halls of residence rooms have plug-in points and we provide Wi-Fi coverage across the campus.

Have you had a chance to visit the campus yet?

Nope, but I received the applicant open day invitation and I will visit soon. :smile:
Original post by alex20044
Nope, but I received the applicant open day invitation and I will visit soon. :smile:

That's great! Our Applicant Visit Days are a great opportunity to get to know your department, speak to current students and explore the campus.

I'm a graduate from Royal Holloway, so if you have any questions at all please just let me know.

I've got an unconditional offer for Royal Holloway for Drama and Theatre and was wondering what the social life and night life was like in the area and accommodation information based on expense per week? Still deciding whether to take the offer as liked Surrey, Falmouth and Warwick also/
Hi!

I got an offer from Royal Holloway and I wanted to know when I’d see my fee status? I got an email from UCAS track which extended the offer, but the separate Royal Holloway portal hasn’t updated with anything yet. So I wanted to know if a follow up email will be sent with details of my fee status etc present?
Original post by carysellen_
I've got an unconditional offer for Royal Holloway for Drama and Theatre and was wondering what the social life and night life was like in the area and accommodation information based on expense per week? Still deciding whether to take the offer as liked Surrey, Falmouth and Warwick also/

Hi carysellen_,

Congratulations on receiving an offer! :thumbsup:

We have over 140 clubs and societies on campus so there's definitely plenty to do. I'm a Drama and Theatre Studies graduate and was an active member of the Savoy Opera society and the Musical Theatre society throughout my time at Royal Holloway. There are plenty of performing arts societies in addition to these including Drama, Shakespeare, Improv and the Department of Drama,Theatre and Dance has its own society called The Student Workshop. The Students' Union hosts club nights every Wednesday and Friday and there are plenty of pubs on and off campus that hold function nights including pub quizzes.

Royal Holloway is only 40 minutes from London by train and students often head into the city for nights out, to hang out with friends or to see everything the city has to offer. In the local area, Windsor is only 20 minutes by bus and offers evening events as well as the opportunity to be a tourist during the day.

We have a breakdown of our accommodation options by price on our website here. It also includes information about the let type, room type, catering options and an approximate weekly price.

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Original post by daleyfeels
Hi!

I got an offer from Royal Holloway and I wanted to know when I’d see my fee status? I got an email from UCAS track which extended the offer, but the separate Royal Holloway portal hasn’t updated with anything yet. So I wanted to know if a follow up email will be sent with details of my fee status etc present?

Hi daleyfeels,

Congratulations on your offer. :party:

I would recommend getting in touch with our Admissions team at [email protected]. Please make sure you include your Royal Holloway student number in your email and they'll be able to assist you.

Reply 11
Hi everyone!

This is a thread for all applicants thinking of studying at Royal Holloway in 2019. Feel free to ask any questions, or just to introduce yourself. :hello:

Here's a few questions to get you get started:

What course will you be applying for?
How are you feeling about starting uni?
Are you planning on attending an Open Day or have you already been to one? (Feel free to share any pictures of campus you might have!)

Thomas, Jane and guests 600x270.jpg

Want more information about Royal Holloway? You can order a prospectus here.

Hello!! My name is Fahima and I am applying for Medical Biochemistry at Royal Holloway and I am doing an access course to Biomedical Sciences. I am so scared if I have a disadvantage of not getting an offer because I am doing an Access course but I really admire Royal Holloway. I went to the open day really loved the vibe of the university and also the course structure for Medical Biochemistry is really suited for me. However, I have question if I do an access course will it be a disadvantage for me if i apply for Medical Biochemistry?
Original post by heyitshamda
Hello!! My name is Fahima and I am applying for Medical Biochemistry at Royal Holloway and I am doing an access course to Biomedical Sciences. I am so scared if I have a disadvantage of not getting an offer because I am doing an Access course but I really admire Royal Holloway. I went to the open day really loved the vibe of the university and also the course structure for Medical Biochemistry is really suited for me. However, I have question if I do an access course will it be a disadvantage for me if i apply for Medical Biochemistry?

Hi Fahima,

We accept Access to Higher Education Diploma and all qualifications accepted are valued equally. For this course, we ask that you pass the Access to Science HE Diploma with at least 24 level 3 credits at Distinction, including all Biology and Chemistry units and the remaining level 3 credits at Merits. Please note that we are only able to accept the Access to Higher Education Diploma if you have had a considerable break from education.

I applied for English with Film Studies and recently got an offer. I am excited to be starting university as it feels like what i’ve been working towards for so long with GCSE and A levels.

I already attended an Open Day and I am currently considering whether to go to an Applicant Day :smile:
HiI am currently pursuing my last year of Bachelors in Business Admissions (in International Business) from India. I wish to study Sustainability in Royal Holloway University. How do i go about it? What is the Eligibility Criteria?I have a 10 2 3 years of education.
Original post by Kushal Kulkarni
HiI am currently pursuing my last year of Bachelors in Business Admissions (in International Business) from India. I wish to study Sustainability in Royal Holloway University. How do i go about it? What is the Eligibility Criteria?I have a 10 2 3 years of education.

Hi Kushal Kulkarni,

All applications to our postgraduate courses can be made using our online application form. Our MSc Sustainability and Management course asks that applicants with Indian qualifications have a bachelor degree with 60% to 65% overall or a CGPA of 6.0 to 6.5 out of 10 overall depending on the institution. You may also need to provide an English language qualification if your undergraduate degree was not taught in English. You can find out more about this here.

Hi, just wondering whether the psychology MSci offers have been sent out yet ?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by okurr123
Hi, just wondering whether the psychology MSci offers have been sent out yet ?

Hi okurr123,

Applications are being reviewed, but please allow ten working days for a response.

Have you had an opportunity to visit the campus yet?

Hi okurr123,

Applications are being reviewed, but please allow ten working days for a response.

Have you had an opportunity to visit the campus yet?

Oh ok, just wondering as I just sent in my application yesterday, and yes I have! I visited on the June open day :smile:
Original post by okurr123
Oh ok, just wondering as I just sent in my application yesterday, and yes I have! I visited on the June open day :smile:

Hi okurr123,

That's great to hear!

If you have any questions at all, please just let me know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending