PhysicsIlove
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Okay so at my college, in further maths, we do ‘Core Pure’ and ‘Decision’. Currently in year 1 and in the process of organising folders with chapter notes etc. We were given core pure 1 and decision 1 Pearson book so I’m aware of all the chapters in these(In core pure: chapter 1:complex numbers etc)(In decision: chapter 1: algorithms etc). So I have all year 1 chapters. But I can’t find the chapters we will do in year 2(presuming we’re carrying on with pure and decision) anywhere online?

Can someone help with a link or actually provide the year 2 chapters? Trying to be really organised this year. Thanks so much in advance
3pointonefour
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Core pure is part of the mandatory units. You're meant to do 2 extra units. If one of these is Decision what's the other extra unit?
PhysicsIlove
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
We only do core pure and decision currently. Wasn’t aware of having to do a third.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 3pointonefour)
Core pure is part of the mandatory units. You're meant to do 2 extra units. If one of these is Decision what's the other extra unit?
Decision 1 and Decision 2, most likely. You do two modules, but not necessarily two subjects.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don't worry about not having the year 2 chapters available. You'll be given them at the start of next year I'm sure, you don't need to get a head-start. You'll deal with D2 when the time comes. For now just focus on doing as well as possible for Core Pure 1 and Decision 1, that will be more helpful.
3pointonefour
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Decision 1 and Decision 2, most likely. You do two modules, but not necessarily two subjects.
Yeah I'm aware, I just thought he was referring to D1 only
ArcticSnows
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's quite often the case that your college will have cheaper books available through them, rather than buying them independently. Probably best to wait until your teachers talk about buying those books.

With a quick search I found this: https://www.pearsonschoolsandfecolle...IaAgkVEALw_wcB

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (228)
43.43%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.05%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (40)
7.62%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (112)
21.33%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (59)
11.24%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.33%

Watched Threads