University choices:
What subject(s) are currently studying?:
Predicted A2 grades:
GCSE grades:
Why English?:
An interesting fact about yourself?

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone!
I’m thinking of applying to Exeter this year to study English. I have already obtained my A Level grades and got AAB. Does anyone have an idea on how likely I would be to receive an offer or know anyone who has got in with AAB?
Thanks!!
Hey! I’ve just finished my A Levels and am currently on a gap year! I’m applying to UCAS this year.
University choices: Exeter, Birmingham, Lancaster, Edinburgh (English and History), Cardiff
Subjects: Maths, English Lit, Art
A2 Grades: AAB
Why English: I love reading and have had a passion for literature ever since reading Harry Potter for the first time!! I love how it can give you an insight into a novellist’s visions and the way the perceive society / current political affairs!
Original post by Cuthbertariana
Hey! I’ve just finished my A Levels and am currently on a gap year! I’m applying to UCAS this year.
University choices: Exeter, Birmingham, Lancaster, Edinburgh (English and History), Cardiff
Subjects: Maths, English Lit, Art
A2 Grades: AAB
Why English: I love reading and have had a passion for literature ever since reading Harry Potter for the first time!! I love how it can give you an insight into a novellist’s visions and the way the perceive society / current political affairs!

Cool choices! Which one is your favourite?
Hello everyone! I'm an international applicant excited to study English in the UK:smile:
I'm applying to American unis as well, so just in case anyone's interested in those, message me if you want to ask me questions

University choices: Oxford, Kings, Warwick, Edinburgh, UCL
What subject(s) are currently studying?: Maths, English Lit, History, etc.
Grades: I'm doing the AP curriculum, so nine AP 5/5's (apparently it's roughly equal to A*A*A* or a bit more)
Why English?: To be honest I've never considered anything else except for English :h: It's just the only thing I do & I can do & I want to do!

I sent in my UCAS just last night... (made a last minute decision, and chose Warwick over Durham) I still can't believe I'm really applying to university now!
University choices: Exeter, Sussex, Cardiff
What subject(s) are currently studying?: English Lit, Media and Psychology
Predicted A2 grades: ABB (aiming higher though)
GCSE grades: like 6.7 overall
Why English?: I never used to be that into english tbh, but after my mum kinda forced me to take it I've absolutely loved it.
University choices: Warwick (favourite), Exeter, Birmingham, Southampton, Sussex
What subject(s) are currently studying?: English Lit, Psychology, Classics & EPQ
Predicted A2 grades: A*AB
GCSE grades: 2 9s, 4 A*s, 3 As & 2 Bs
Why English?: I never really thought much about English Lit until GCSEs tbh - I loved the poetry I studied, particularly Robert Browning's work
An interesting fact about yourself? I end up changing my uni choices every time I look at them HeLp
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
Hi all! I am also an international student, extremely anxious, and awaiting university offers :s-smilie:
University choices: UCL, King's, Queen Mary, Nottingham, and Sussex
What subject(s) are currently studying?: IB Diploma and taking English A1 HL, Spanish A2 HL, History HL
Predicted grades: IB HLs of 766 and SLs of 766 with 41/45 points predicted :h:
Why English?: I love reading since I was a toddler, and English has always fascinated me! (I even feel more connected to it than to my country's proper language :colondollar:)

I also recently applied and I am so nervous! Where I come from studying abroad is not common, so I am scared out of my mind! I really want to be accepted to any of my top three choices but I overthink everything pertaining to my already submitted application!
University choices: UCL, King's, Surrey and QMUL
What subject(s) are currently studying?: English, History and Philosophy and Ethics (+epq)
Predicted A2 grades: A*A*AA
Why English?: I just love how inter-connected the subject is and i looveeee reading too! Also, it has very broad job prospects :smile:
University choices: Sheffield, Loughborough, Hull, Lincoln, Leicester
What subject(s) are currently studying?: English Literature, Music and History plus an EPQ
Predicted A2 grades: ABB, with the A in English
GCSE grades: 7 As and 2 Bs
Why English?: I was planning to originally apply for English and Music, however discovered how much I really did enjoy it since moving school for sixth form. Reading has been something I've always been interested in, and I decided in January to discontinue studying music at uni and opt for straight English.
An interesting fact about yourself? I didn't like tea that much before I started working in a local teashop, now I find any excuse to make tea whilst studying :smile:

I applied on Friday and have so far got an unconditional from Lincoln and a conditional offer from Leicester (which is probably my first choice)
(edited 5 years ago)
Uni choices Cambridge, Durham, York, Edinburgh, Bristol
Currently studying: English lit, history and art (A* in EPQ)
Predicted A*AA
Gcse 5A* 5A
Got an offer from York AAB, has anybody hearted from any of the others?? 😜
Choices: Durham, Lancaster, Birmingham, Edge Hill, Keele
Subjects: English Lit, Psychology, Sociology
Predicted Grades: A*AA
GCSES: 2A*, 6A, 2C
Why English: I’ve never really considered anything else! I’ve always loved the subject and I want to be an English teacher when I’m older
I already have an unconditional from Keele and a conditional from Edge Hill, to be honest even though they have the lowest entry requirements they’re my favourites
Original post by ollie221011
Why English: I’ve never really considered anything else! I’ve always loved the subject and I want to be an English teacher when I’m older
I already have an unconditional from Keele and a conditional from Edge Hill, to be honest even though they have the lowest entry requirements they’re my favourites

I'm the same actually! Sheffield and Loughborough both want AAB, but I actually prefer Leicester which is BBC with a B in my EPQ. I think as long as you like where you are entry requirements aren't as important. Good luck with the rest of your offers! :smile:
Original post by Snufkin
Hi all, introduce yourself and tell us where you're applying! :awesome:

University choices: Oxford, Warwick, Durham, LSE
What subject(s) are currently studying?: English, Politics, Philosophy and EPQ
Predicted A2 grades: Yet to be predicted.
GCSE grades: 3 9's, one 8, 2 7's, 2 6's, one five and one 4.
Why English?: Honestly we would be here forever, but I just love the way a writer can communicate through literature, their thoughts, feelings, opinions on matters and the techniques they use.
An interesting fact about yourself?

I'm right-handed, extremely interesting
Original post by ollie221011
Hey ollie, lots of my friends and housemates study English here at Keele, feel free to ask me any questions about the degree offered here. Great to here you have an unconditional, congratulations.:clap2:

Mark, second year.:smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Sturner17
Uni choices Cambridge, Durham, York, Edinburgh, Bristol
Currently studying: English lit, history and art (A* in EPQ)
Predicted A*AA
Gcse 5A* 5A
Got an offer from York AAB, has anybody hearted from any of the others?? 😜

Hey! Which Cambridge college are you applying to? x
Hi guys! I'm a post A Level applicant for English, currently doing a year long internship :smile:

University choices: Cambridge (Selwyn), Durham (St Cuth's), UCL, Exeter, Bristol
What subject(s) did you study?: English Lit, History and Maths
Achieved A2 grades: A*A*A
GCSE grades: 11A*s
Why English?: Just the most free subject for thought and discussion!

x
Original post by shenners
Hi guys! I'm a post A Level applicant for English, currently doing a year long internship :smile:

University choices: Cambridge (Selwyn), Durham (St Cuth's), UCL, Exeter, Bristol
What subject(s) did you study?: English Lit, History and Maths
Achieved A2 grades: A*A*A
GCSE grades: 11A*s
Why English?: Just the most free subject for thought and discussion!

x

Out of interest, what are you doing on your internship?
Original post by mamabennett
Out of interest, what are you doing on your internship?

hi ! I'm working at Shakespeare's Globe theatre for a year, in their education department - the best place in the world honestly! x
Wow! Agree - amazing place; I did a course there this summer. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending