The Student Room Group

Portsmouth Dental nursing/hygiene/therapy 2019

I couldn’t find anything for prospective dental students for Portsmouth 2019... I’m Jordan and am applying for both dental hygiene and dental hygiene and therapy. Thought this could be useful for when interviews etc start or any questions anyone has! 😄

Scroll to see replies

im applying to this course too! But as a back up to dentistry
Reply 2
Awesome! The facilities at Portsmouth are the best I’ve seen at any uni... have you seen any other unis?
Reply 3
I'm applying to Teesside, Portsmouth, Birmingham, UCLAN and Plymouth :smile:
Got an offer of interview from Teesside today!
congratulations!!! 💛💛
Reply 5
Original post by lucykilga

Now been offered an interview for Portsmouth!
Reply 6
Now been offered an interview for Portsmouth!

Awesome, I only applied on the 12th of Nov but hopefully I’ll get an offer from Portsmouth, it’s my first choice!
Reply 7
Original post by JordyJRT
Awesome, I only applied on the 12th of Nov but hopefully I’ll get an offer from Portsmouth, it’s my first choice!

I sent my UCAS off Oct 19th, thought i'd never hear back!
Mine too! facilities there are amazing, Had an interview there before for CertHE dental nursing and got offered a place, interview was MMI and i really liked it so hopefully its the same layout
Reply 8
I sent my UCAS off Oct 19th, thought i'd never hear back!
Mine too! facilities there are amazing, Had an interview there before for CertHE dental nursing and got offered a place, interview was MMI and i really liked it so hopefully its the same layout

What’s an MMI interview?
Reply 9
What’s an MMI interview?

Multiple Mini Interview, so different 1 to 1 stations you rotate around with other interviewees
Cant remember the stations as it was a few years ago but one discussing a GDC principle, one with a manual dexterity exercise etc, so much nicer and relaxed than a standard interview
Reply 10
I got my interview for Portsmouth on the 28th! So excited 😆 Now I’ve just got to prepare!! What are you doing to prepare?
Reply 11
I got my interview for Portsmouth on the 28th! So excited 😆 Now I’ve just got to prepare!! What are you doing to prepare?

Awesome well done! And I have no idea, been given no information from the uni :/
(edited 5 years ago)

heyyy im an a level student and also have an interview at teesside on 4th december!! when's yours ?

soo nervous as its my first time applying haha

congrats on your interview from portsmouth! got offered biology instead which i dont think im gonna take lol
Reply 13
Original post by floraaax
heyyy im an a level student and also have an interview at teesside on 4th december!! when's yours ?

soo nervous as its my first time applying haha

Well done! I had my interview yesterday, was MMI format and all stations scenario based so nothing to worry about, good luck!
Well done! I had my interview yesterday, was MMI format and all stations scenario based so nothing to worry about, good luck!

oh wow all scenarios

hope you did well and thank you!

where else did you apply for if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 15
oh wow all scenarios

hope you did well and thank you!

where else did you apply for if you dont mind me asking?

of course not haha, Teesside, Portsmouth, Plymouth & UCLAN
Where have you applied to?
Reply 16
congrats on your interview from portsmouth! got offered biology instead which i dont think im gonna take lol

What was the interview with Portsmouth like? What did they have you doing?
I had a interview for dental hygiene and therapy for Portsmouth on the 27. It was a panel interview. They asked questions about the city itself (was surprised I was prepared for questions about teeth) they only asked what do you know about the media for dentistry! The rest were non dentist related questions! GOOD LUCK
Reply 18
Original post by HanaKhan12
I had a interview for dental hygiene and therapy for Portsmouth on the 27. It was a panel interview. They asked questions about the city itself (was surprised I was prepared for questions about teeth) they only asked what do you know about the media for dentistry! The rest were non dentist related questions! GOOD LUCK

Yeah! I was surprised too! I did mine on the 28th and have been given an unconditional offer! I’m so excited 😆
Yeah! I was surprised too! I did mine on the 28th and have been given an unconditional offer! I’m so excited 😆

Wow you already got a reply

Quick Reply

Latest