The Student Room Group

NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by connorfrench96
Oh, it’s a video interview instead of a face to face? Is there anywhere on the website that confirms that? Thank you for the heads up though!

It says video interview on the application page with the various stages listed that you go through.
Has anyone else been out on hold after passing the tests? :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by georgialast
Has anyone else been out on hold after passing the tests? :smile:

Everyone does as long as they've reached the minimum requirement on the tests
I want to apply for the grad scheme but the salary is so low. I cannot justify spending three years at uni and £50k in debt for a 23k salary. Ugh. But it's our beloved NHS.
Original post by MrMusician95
I want to apply for the grad scheme but the salary is so low. I cannot justify spending three years at uni and £50k in debt for a 23k salary. Ugh. But it's our beloved NHS.

but remember that's the salary for the two years. it says on the site that the average grad leaves the scheme at the end with a 6/7/8a post, then just work their way up. they also have the 'high potential scheme' which will help you progress quicker after the scheme
Hi all, I have quite a specific question about this scheme and management level in the NHS in General. Is Management in the NHS a non-political role like the civil service as in will I have to cease pretty much all political involvement if I join the scheme? Hope someone can answer my question as this is a big deal breaker for me. Many thanks.
Reply 26
Original post by connorfrench96
Hi all, I have quite a specific question about this scheme and management level in the NHS in General. Is Management in the NHS a non-political role like the civil service as in will I have to cease pretty much all political involvement if I join the scheme? Hope someone can answer my question as this is a big deal breaker for me. Many thanks.

I really don't think the NHS would or should care about political activity. Understandable for the Civil Service but I highly doubt the management grad scheme requires this. Unless you're an outspoken advocate for hate speech or something you should be fine.
Is it just me or does this scheme seem to have way too many online tests to do? I've so far done situational strength test, personality profiler, Numerical reasoning, Verbal reasoning and critical reasoning- which all seem to take over 40 minutes some even over an hour.,
Original post by darkshadow1111
Is it just me or does this scheme seem to have way too many online tests to do? I've so far done situational strength test, personality profiler, Numerical reasoning, Verbal reasoning and critical reasoning- which all seem to take over 40 minutes some even over an hour.,

How difficult did you find those tests? Can you watch the situational strength video more than once or you'll have to answer all the questions straight after watching it? I'm gutted they replaced the abstract reasoning test with the critical reasoning...
Original post by Shinigami75
How difficult did you find those tests? Can you watch the situational strength video more than once or you'll have to answer all the questions straight after watching it? I'm gutted they replaced the abstract reasoning test with the critical reasoning...

I found them fairly easy just time consuming.
Does anybody know if there is a way to find answers to the practice tests linked on the nhs website? I have practiced the tests but I can’t see whether I have answered correctly or not :frown:
Original post by Satzo123
Does anybody know if there is a way to find answers to the practice tests linked on the nhs website? I have practiced the tests but I can’t see whether I have answered correctly or not :frown:

You should be able to see whether or not you got the answer right or wrong...as far as I can remember when you click on the box containing the option you think is correct, the box will be highlighted either in red (wrong) or green (right) also when you get it right you are given the full explanation.
Reply 32
My application has been on hold for a while now 🙄
You should be able to see whether or not you got the answer right or wrong...as far as I can remember when you click on the box containing the option you think is correct, the box will be highlighted either in red (wrong) or green (right) also when you get it right you are given the full explanation.

Hrm, strange! Whenever I click on the provided links on the NHS website it brings me to "Capp" practice tests - There are no answers nor feedback to any of the questions during or after completing these tests! Has anybody else found the same problem?
Hrm, strange! Whenever I click on the provided links on the NHS website it brings me to "Capp" practice tests - There are no answers nor feedback to any of the questions during or after completing these tests! Has anybody else found the same problem?

You don't get the feedback after the test but while you're doing it or at least it worked this way when I did practice the tests about amonth ago. I'll have a look at them again at some point tomorrow and let you know :wink:
That's really helpful thank you!! :biggrin:
That's really helpful thank you!! :biggrin:

Hi there, I just checked and you're right! They've changed the provider for the practicing tests because when I did them last month I had to go through a IBM page (or something like that) and then take the tests...I'll try them all tomorrow and hopefully they are more relevant for the real tests than the ones I did a while ago!
Hi there, I just checked and you're right! They've changed the provider for the practicing tests because when I did them last month I had to go through a IBM page (or something like that) and then take the tests...I'll try them all tomorrow and hopefully they are more relevant for the real tests than the ones I did a while ago!

okay thank you :smile:
How did you decide which scheme to apply for? I am debating between General Management, Health Analysis, Health Informatics and maybe DHSC...
okay thank you :smile:

Hi again, I just finished going through all the sample tests and I have to say that they're more difficult than those I had previously done a month ago. This will be interesting :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending