The Student Room Group

Is £28,000 bank balance good for 24?

I have been working for nearly 2 years and have said amount saved up.

Can somebody give me some genuine advice on what to do with it?

Keep saving or spend? For/on what?

Scroll to see replies

it is very good wtf. Alot of middle aged people dont even have that in their bank accouts. Save it for bigger and permanent spendings aswell as for a rainy day.
Reply 2
I'm 31 and have 12 quid in the bank.
Reply 3
Go on a bender and blow the lot over one weekend. Go big or go home!
I have £8 in my bank account and I am planning on surviving with that for the next week ... no joke
Reply 5
Can I verify it 😉
Reply 6
Original post by Linalolo
it is very good wtf. Alot of middle aged people dont even have that in their bank accouts. Save it for bigger and permanent spendings aswell as for a rainy day.

Save it? Nah, got to get down to the local dealership and get yourself a nice car!
Original post by jay2013
Save it? Nah, got to get down to the local dealership and get yourself a nice car!

you crazy lol
buy 27 Iphone XR's
I mean... It's OK.... The interior is a bit tacky and it looks like a wanna-be corvette. If he saves up he can get a real corvette/mustang.. Or spend it on bills and travel the world or the deposit on a nice house
Tbh that’s good for someone your age compared to most people . However I think this is the wrong place to come for financial advice . I would recommend you to get yourself financially literate . I don’t know you so I can’t give you the best advice however I would recommend you to learn a skill and go in to the entrepneurship world if that’s what you fancy . Otherwise you can invest that money in to a bond with a compound interest of 3% a year that should be a lot of money once you’re in your 50s . Or you could make more money and buy a property and rent it out if you do not have other debts . If you have any debts PAY THEM OFF NOWW as it doesn’t matter what money you have saved up if you’re still being held back by debts . I would record you to read bios like rich dad poor dad and just learn more about finance and how to manage money . Do you like your job ? Do you want to do something Else in life ? I am just 16 but I am invested in the entrepreneurial world I have a couple of online stores that do alright .
quit ur job and go travelling for a long time
ur 20s shouldnt be a time to go safe and practical its time go massive risk cos the baggage isnt there yet
Another 'look at me' thread.

No £28k is shite :rolleyes:
Go travelling. Somewhere where nobody cares about humblebrags.
Original post by Linalolo
I mean... It's OK.... The interior is a bit tacky and it looks like a wanna-be corvette. If he saves up he can get a real corvette/mustang.. Or spend it on bills and travel the world or the deposit on a nice house

Wanna-be corvette? GTFO!

And spend it on bills? Are ya crazy girl?
Original post by jay2013
Wanna-be corvette? GTFO!

And spend it on bills? Are ya crazy girl?

lol cry all u want you wish u had this guys money. Ima just find a sugar daddy k thnx loool
No you should have enough money to save every Homeless person in the UK.
Reply 19
Use it as the deposit on a house.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending