The Student Room Group

UEA Foundation Medicine (A104) 2019 entry

Hey!

I haven't seen any thread for the University of East Anglia foundation medicine course for 2019 entry so thought I'd start one.

I have applied for this course and my stats are as follows:

GCSE: (equivalent to) 7A* 2A
A2 predicted: BBB
UKCAT: 2550 (637.5)
SJT Band: 2
Interview?

Feel free to post your stats everyone and any other relevant info/questions :biggrin: and best of luck to everyone who has applied! :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

GCSE- A*AABBBBBCC
A Level Predictions - A*BB
UKCAT - 620 average band 3
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by lollypenguin
GCSE- A*AABBBBBCC
A Level Predictions - A*BB
UKCAT - 620 average band 3

you have good stats!
where else are you applying to?
Original post by aspiringmedic000
you have good stats!
where else are you applying to?

do you think? :frown: I'm worried my band 3 and gcses will pull me down :/

for foundation med I've applied to Leicester, nottingham (nott/derby pathway) and nottingham (lincoln pathway) !! wby? :smile:
do you think? :frown: I'm worried my band 3 and gcses will pull me down :/

for foundation med I've applied to Leicester, nottingham (nott/derby pathway) and nottingham (lincoln pathway) !! wby? :smile:

I believe most applicants applying through this route (including me) won't be applying with very high ukcat scores, so your stats are competitive! and I don't think UEA even take the SJT bands into consideration? so you should be fine.

I've applied to Leicester and Nottingham too! :h: Also Southampton.

Goodluck! :smile:
ahhh that's reassuring thank you :smile:
you too!!
I wish more people commented I'd love to make a groupchat or something for applicants
ahhh that's reassuring thank you :smile:
you too!!
I wish more people commented I'd love to make a groupchat or something for applicants

Oh and no ukcat cut off as well so that’s good.
No worries, and thanks! :biggrin:
yeah I don’t know where all the uea applicants are?? This year the threads for Unis in general seem dead compared to previous years :dontknow:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Tayonnaise
Hey guys!

I know it's a worrying time for you because Medical schools can (and will!) take ages to get back to you haha. But don't worry too much make sure you take this time to focus on your A Levels because at the end of the day this is the most important hurdle to getting into med school!!

I'm currently part of the 2018/2019 cohort for foundation year medicine so if you have any questions about the course or the admissions process to help ease your mind please let me know! Also if you do make a group chat let me know as well if you want, when I applied I was in a whatsapp gc with two people who were already on the course and I think it helped loads because I got a better idea of what to expect from the course and it helped me prepare loads.

Good luck with your exams!

Hey!

Thanks a lot for the reassuring words, it’s definitely a tough time waiting for decisions! :redface:

I had a few questions..
I was wondering when you received your interview, if you remember? Just to get an idea of when to expect it if I’m lucky enough to get one. And how much time did you have to prepare for it after the invitation?
Also could you please share your stats if you don’t mind? To get a rough idea whether or not to expect an interview. Share as little or as much as you are comfortable with :smile:

Thanks a lot for your help and I will definitely let you know if there’s anything else I want to ask. :biggrin:
Original post by Tayonnaise
So yeah I dug through my emails and I got my interview email on 29/01 and my interview was on 26/02 at like 3pm. I think UEA and Southampton took the longest to get back to me to be fair.

After my interview I received my offer on 21/03 so it took about a month which is quite good for Medicine I think (I had my interview at Exeter on the 11th of December and got my offer on the 16th of March to give you a bit of perspective!).

And Stats are as follows

GCSEs/BTECs: 1A* 4As 5Bs and a Distinction*

A Levels predicted: AAA (After some serious begging haha)

UKCAT: 657.5 Band 2

A Levels achieved: BBB

With those stats, I got 4 interviews at UEA, King’s College and Southampton for Foundation Year Medicine and an interview at Exeter for 5 Year Medicine

Wow, your stats are great, especially your Ukcat. Must have had a very strong application for 4 interviews, that’s amazing! :biggrin:

Ahh, I have applied to Southampton as well so I guess I am gonna have to wait for some time for decisions from these two unis. Atleast they give you a good amount of time between the invite and actual interview date to finish preparation :redface:
Reply 9
Hi I’ve been looking for this thread!
Stats:
GCSE: 877A*A*A*A* and two distinction*’s
UKCAT: 637.5 band 2
Predicted grades: ABB

I’ve also applied....
•Newcastle via PARTNERS programme
•Nottingham with a foundation year
•Hull York medical school (received an interview for Monday 17th December at Hull campus)
•Newcastle for Physiological sciences; received an offer:smile:

Where has everyone else applied and have you heard anything back yet?
Original post by lol0902
Hi I’ve been looking for this thread!
Stats:
GCSE: 877A*A*A*A* and two distinction*’s
UKCAT: 637.5 band 2
Predicted grades: ABB

I’ve also applied....
•Newcastle via PARTNERS programme
•Nottingham with a foundation year
•Hull York medical school (received an interview for Monday 17th December at Hull campus)
•Newcastle for Physiological sciences; received an offer:smile:

Where has everyone else applied and have you heard anything back yet?

hello again!

nope not heard anything yet. Have you?

it looks like UEA sends invites for interviews quite late, if I'm not wrong? see Tayonnaise got theirs late January.
it's going to be a long wait :frown:
hello again!

nope not heard anything yet. Have you?

it looks like UEA sends invites for interviews quite late, if I'm not wrong? see Tayonnaise got theirs late January.
it's going to be a long wait :frown:

No ive only heard back from hull york
Oh wow that’s ages away!!:frown:
How did you hear back from Southampton by email or post
Original post by lol0902
No ive only heard back from hull york
Oh wow that’s ages away!!:frown:

yeah :frown:
congrats on hull york, and goodluck! :thumbsup:
yeah :frown:
congrats on hull york, and goodluck! :thumbsup:

Thank you so much! I was quite shocked at how quickly they have responded tbh. 17th December gives me a month to prep for it so hopefully I should be okay :smile:
Where else have you applied?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by lol0902
Thank you so much! I was quite shocked at how quickly they have responded tbh. 17th December gives me a month to prep for it so hopefully I should be okay :smile:
Where else have you applied?

I've applied to Leicester, Nottingham and Southampton, and it looks like 2 of them are definitely late senders :frown:
I applied to Newcastle for MPharm as 5th choice - just received provisional acceptance, no offer yet :s-smilie:
ooh also congrats on your offer from Newcastle! :smile:
I've applied to Leicester, Nottingham and Southampton, and it looks like 2 of them are definitely late senders :frown:
I applied to Newcastle for MPharm as 5th choice - just received provisional acceptance, no offer yet :s-smilie:
ooh also congrats on your offer from Newcastle! :smile:

Hopefully Nottingham shouldn’t take too long:confused:
What’s provisional acceptance?
Thank you :smile:
Original post by lol0902
Hopefully Nottingham shouldn’t take too long:confused:
What’s provisional acceptance?
Thank you :smile:

Hopefully :redface:

I applied through partners programme for pharmacy - so the provisional acceptance means my application has been given the partners status I guess, now they will review my application to give offer or not. :confused:

You've applied for Med through partners right? I think you will get the provisional acceptance email as well before an interview offer :redface:
Should've applied for Partner's Med instead :angry:

Anyway, keep us posted if you hear any other good news! :smile:
Hopefully :redface:

I applied through partners programme for pharmacy - so the provisional acceptance means my application has been given the partners status I guess, now they will review my application to give offer or not. :confused:

You've applied for Med through partners right? I think you will get the provisional acceptance email as well before an interview offer :redface:
Should've applied for Partner's Med instead :angry:

Anyway, keep us posted if you hear any other good news! :smile:

Oh right well I applied for physiological sciences through PARTNERS and didnt get a provisional thing I just got the offer?
Yeah I used PARTNERS for med:u:

I will do, you too :smile:
Hi,

I couldn't seem to find a form for foundation year medicine at UEA so I've made this.

Stats:

GCSEs: 2A*s 5As 3Bs 1C (Lots of context and i was one of the highest achievers at my secondary).
A Levels: Already achieved - AAB :frown:
UKCAT: 2660, Band 1

Here's hoping for an offer!

Latest

Trending

Trending