The Student Room Group

My predicted grades are BCD

How likely would Unis accept me ??? Their entry requirements are bbb ?!!! Helppppp

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I wanna do radiotherapy and oncology 😭
Original post by hujikolp
How likely would Unis accept me ??? Their entry requirements are bbb ?!!! Helppppp

Which uni? What degree?

https://www.ucas.com/advisers/offer-rate-calculator/
Reply 3

Cardiff uni
Cardiff uni

What does the offer calculator I posted say?
What have you done to yourself!?
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79
What does the offer calculator I posted say?

Radiotherapy is not included
I mean you could talk to your school and see if they are willing to raise your predicted grades which they may do. My school bases predicted grades off of mock exams so if your school does the same and you have a reason for not doing so well in the mocks you should explain that to them.

But in all honesty if you predicted grades are low and they are realistic then you should robably look at a different uni. Maybe one with a foundation year.
Reply 8
Original post by 12aissid
I mean you could talk to your school and see if they are willing to raise your predicted grades which they may do. My school bases predicted grades off of mock exams so if your school does the same and you have a reason for not doing so well in the mocks you should explain that to them.

But in all honesty if you predicted grades are low and they are realistic then you should robably look at a different uni. Maybe one with a foundation year.

One of my subject teacher won’t predict me one grade higher 😭😭😭
Radiotherapy is not included

Is there something similar?
Reply 10
Original post by Muttley79
Is there something similar?

No
One of my subject teacher won’t predict me one grade higher 😭😭😭

Is it the one that predicted you a C or the one that predicted you a D. What about the other teacher?
Reply 12
[QUOTE="12aissid;80336054"]Is it the one that predicted you a C or the one that predicted you a D. What about the other teacher?[/QUOTE
The grade D
Reply 13
[QUOTE="hujikolp;80336062"]
Original post by 12aissid
Is it the one that predicted you a C or the one that predicted you a D. What about the other teacher?[/QUOTE
The grade D

The grade d
Reply 14
if they dont predict you what you want in the end then work hard and get good grades and apply next year
Reply 15
Original post by studyr
if they dont predict you what you want in the end then work hard and get good grades and apply next year

but i dont want to take a gap year
Reply 16
How likely would Unis accept me ??? Their entry requirements are bbb ?!!! Helpppppp

Depends on the uni
BCC is still quite a bit off BBB. I would be less sceptical with a BBC. I would seriously reconsider applying to Cardiff. That doesn’t mean you won’t be able to go there as you could work your butt off and get grades that are better than your predicted in August and then go through UCAS Adjustment and get a place for September so you wouldn’t have to do a gap year. But I would apply for Cardiff as one of you five option for now. It’s quite risky and I’m not sure if they would accept you. But if you do choose to risk it then make sure your other 4 options are more easily manageable to get and realistic.
Reply 18
but i dont want to take a gap year

LOL then you shouldn't have ended up with BCD predicted grades. If Cardiff take you for bbb with bcd I'd be very very surprised.
Cardiff is likely to have many places in clearing tho. Plus radiotherapy doesn't sound like a particularly oversubscribed course.

Bottom line, focus on your A-Levels and see if you can apply through clearing/adjustment on results day. If you can't, reapply the year after. Those are your choices.
You could always email Cardiff’s admissions team.

Quick Reply

Latest