The Student Room Group

Is international relations a pointless degree?

I’ve applied to do international relations at Durham and Cardiff and then politcs and international relations at Bristol, ucl and lse.
I’m worried that international relations wouldn’t be as strong a degree as just politics so I was wondering if I should change course to politics at Durham for example? I’m predicted A*A*A and I want to do a law conversion and then hopefully go into human rights/ international law as a barrister

Any thoughts would be really appreciated
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Sophbarry16
I’ve applied to do international relations at Durham and Cardiff and then politcs and international relations at Bristol, ucl and lse.
I’m worried that international relations wouldn’t be as strong a degree as just politics so I was wondering if I should change course to politics at Durham for example? I’m predicted A*A*A and I want to do a law conversion and then hopefully go into human rights/ international law as a barrister

Any thoughts would be really appreciated

Look at the modules for the two courses. You will often find that the first year is almost identical so it’s possible to swap after you start/after a year. If it isn’t clear from the modules then ask your universities if there’s any flexibility to swap.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending