The Student Room Group

What sampling method is this? ASAP HELP!!!!!!!

So i chose three sections of an area to sample trees. I did this so that i would cover a large area. Within those areas, I chose random trees.. Is this Systematic or Stratified??
Neither. It’s randomisation
Reply 2
How did you select the three sections of the area? If it was a random selection, then it was a random sample.
Original post by yellowduckyyy
Neither. It’s randomisation

Could'nt it be Random Stratified? Because I divided the area into subgroups and then chose random samples?
Original post by zxvs
How did you select the three sections of the area? If it was a random selection, then it was a random sample.

I just did a belt transect across the area, ( a diagonal one) it was on a large open space and its shape was like a rhombus ish so i did a diagnonal transect across and on them i chose three areas, one at the start end and middle of the transect.

Could'nt it be Random Stratified? Because I divided the area into subgroups and then chose random samples?
Original post by UserenameNot
i did a diagnonal transect across and on them i chose three areas, one at the start end and middle of the transect.

It’s random systematic then.

It wouldn’t be random stratified since you didn’t divide it into subgroups based on characteristics. You just divided it into groups, and then chose the groups that you were going to use systematically. “One at the start end and middle of the transect”
Original post by yellowduckyyy
It’s random systematic then.

It wouldn’t be random stratified since you didn’t divide it into subgroups based on characteristics. You just divided it into groups, and then chose the groups that you were going to use systematically. “One at the start end and middle of the transect”

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest