The Student Room Group
CGP guide tells you the information it in a nice concise way.
So I would say use that and supplement with LOADS of revision papers. You're good to go...
This is the best way you can revise.
Reply 2
Original post by yotsr123
CGP guide tells you the information it in a nice concise way.
So I would say use that and supplement with LOADS of revision papers. You're good to go...
This is the best way you can revise.

But would you say the same for the practice workbooks? Are CGP the way to go?
Original post by chethanbiju
But would you say the same for the practice workbooks? Are CGP the way to go?

Sorry I have taken so long to see this. You may have already made your decision.
I don't know about the CGP workbooks as I've never used them. I just used exam papers.
CGP will be very helpful in terms of the actual revision guides though. Only buy the workbook if you feel like you really need it.
Reply 4
Original post by yotsr123
Sorry I have taken so long to see this. You may have already made your decision.
I don't know about the CGP workbooks as I've never used them. I just used exam papers.
CGP will be very helpful in terms of the actual revision guides though. Only buy the workbook if you feel like you really need it.

No worries mate, I have purchased both the CGP workbook and the revision guide, you're correct: concise and easy to understand - ideal for a bit of last minute of mock revision :smile:
CGP is working well for me. I have the workbook only and I ask my Bio teacher to mark my answers that I did
Reply 6
Original post by ignorewhatisay
CGP is working well for me. I have the workbook only and I ask my Bio teacher to mark my answers that I did

Indeed, still struggling tho and also our teachers don't reveal what topics appear in our mocks
I did my GCSE’s in 2017.
For English 9-1 I mainly used the CGP books and watched Mr Bruff’s YouTube videos.
For Maths 9-1 I did a lot of MathsWatch as technically I had to teach a lot of the mathematical aspects myself . The rest of my GCSE’s were in the grading system.
Reply 8
Original post by 007Ruby007
I did my GCSE’s in 2017.
For English 9-1 I mainly used the CGP books and watched Mr Bruff’s YouTube videos.
For Maths 9-1 I did a lot of MathsWatch as technically I had to teach a lot of the mathematical aspects myself . The rest of my GCSE’s were in the grading system.

English with CGP? Would u recommend it? Also what grade did u get, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 9
CGP I’m in year 11 and I use the workbook and practise one. For maths, and the sciences. I do triple so my ones are purple
English with CGP? Would u recommend it? Also what grade did u get, if you don't mind me asking?

Hey, yes I did practise English Lit with CGP and I did find it useful. English Language is different as it’s quite subjective so I’d suggest do as much writing on as many topics beforehand as possible and getting them marked by any professional.
Sure, I got an 8 in Literature and a 9 in Language.
Indeed, still struggling tho and also our teachers don't reveal what topics appear in our mocks

LOL. Our teachers gave us a sheet with all topics. RIP you
I found the CGP books absolutely brilliant. Probably would've failed a lot of my GCSEs if it weren't for them - currently doing A-levels and I've bought all the CGP books for them!
3 letters: C G P
Original post by a cool potato
3 letters: C G P

Try this website

http://www.toplevels.co.uk/gcse-aqa-physics/

Quick Reply

Latest