The Student Room Group

What's your study routine like?

I'm interested in seeing how some of y'all structure your time to study :smile: I'm more of a 'let's do some work when I feel like it' type of person, so maybe I could take some ideas

Scroll to see replies

I mostly nap for a few hours after school then revise/ do homework till about midnight
I don't have a study plan really. I am always doing work but mostly it's as a side thing, and I might be playing games and do some work when I die etc.
Original post by Hasham123
I mostly nap for a few hours after school then revise/ do homework till about midnight

until midnight?! what time do you usually wake up?
Original post by Guarddyyy
I don't have a study plan really. I am always doing work but mostly it's as a side thing, and I might be playing games and do some work when I die etc.

ohhh right, so do you die a lot then?:tongue:
Original post by CinnamonSmol
I'm interested in seeing how some of y'all structure your time to study :smile: I'm more of a 'let's do some work when I feel like it' type of person, so maybe I could take some ideas

On my days off from uni / work, I typically like to start working at 9am, work for an hour, have a 15 minute break, another hour etc. Then I'll have an hour break for lunch, and that's when it goes downhill. I'm so much less productive in the afternoon, but I try and stay with that routine until around 3pm, when it's totally unpredictable whether I'll actually stay doing work until 5pm or not. Most likely not, but I aim to get at least 4 hours done per day.
until midnight?! what time do you usually wake up?

around 7am
When I get home from school I normally work from 4-8pm and tryyy to keep my phone downstairs I’ll have like a 45 minute break for dinner
Reply 8
What I do:
Plan to revise

What I don't do:
Revise
Reply 9

Currently a mess. I'm going to create a rough weekly timetable to help me keep track of things better. :smile:
Basically non existent lmao year 13 student here 😆
Original post by Your Local Cat
What I do:
Plan to revise

What I don't do:
Revise

^^^^^^^ ME

But this is the ideal plan for everyday:

Wake up at 6am- get ready for school.
7:50am- Leave for school- Read Eng Lit book and research stuff online on my phone/Snaprevise/Law Radio
9am-3:30pm--> School stuff. Study in the break and lunch time--> LNAT practice as well.
3:30-6:00pm--> Stay at school and work in the library/sixth form centra. Main focus in usually Chem and Bio. A break is allowed every 50 mins to watch 10 mins of youtube, snapchat.
7pm-8pm--> Home and chill. It is okay to shower and cry all you want for now
8-9pm--> Homework
9-11pm--> English Literature essay writing (covered all the A2 contest- so its just chill revision and essay practice.)
11-11:30pm: Cry to sleep.
ohhh right, so do you die a lot then?:tongue:

Sadly, yes.

Yeah, same :five: I can't set myself a fixed schedule because I get distracted and stuff (ahem, such as right now... :cry:) So what I do is set myself a checklist each week to complete. That's pretty much it. :tongue: And if I don't complete it I have to see if I'm just making excuses or if there is a genuine reason... (there's never a genuine reason. :rofl:)
@Missradioactive Sleep, eat, cry, repeat?? :rofl:
Original post by Serenity-M
@Missradioactive Sleep, eat, cry, repeat?? :rofl:

Pretty much :tongue:

Also, *studying :rofl:
Original post by Missradioactive
Pretty much :tongue:

Also, *studying :rofl:

*attempt at studying... :rofl: It's ok, we can cry together. :redface:
I happen to be a lot like you actually when it comes to spontaneous revsision, but I was watching this video yesterday by a cambridge student that went from predicted DDD to A*A*A. He mentioned the 888 rule, as in 8 hours of revision, 8 hours of sleep and 8 hours of misc stuff, eating and doing what you want etc. I'm going to try to make a timetable around this, the idea is that 8 hrs is enough if you're consistent?? i'll try it and see anyway :smile:
Original post by Hasham123
around 7am

not enough sleep bro

I work when I feel like it

that's why I chose subjects I enjoy (I have lots of extension material to cover too :P)

although I do need to push myself more for exam prep (that's boring)

Quick Reply

Latest