The Student Room Group

Im so single it hurts

I want to be able to go up to guys in my college and ask them out. But as a 5 ft 4 short girl, I don't think anyone would notice me. I want a guy to be interested in me but it never happens.

What do i do?😭😭😭
1) it's only college
2) college males are unlikely to want a serious relationship
3) your own career must come first
1) being short doesnt mean you can ask guys out, be confident in what you want
2) ppl will notice if you guys vibe well (or you have similar humour/interests) - dont stress out trying to be noticed by everyone
3) someone will be interested in you eventually just be yourself, dont come across as too desperate as thats a turn off and make yourself an interesting person to be attracted to, learn some hobbies and meet more ppl (and guys) at events or group activities
Original post by ForestShadow
1) being short doesnt mean you can ask guys out, be confident in what you want
2) ppl will notice if you guys vibe well (or you have similar humour/interests) - dont stress out trying to be noticed by everyone
3) someone will be interested in you eventually just be yourself, dont come across as too desperate as thats a turn off and make yourself an interesting person to be attracted to, learn some hobbies and meet more ppl (and guys) at events or group activities

The problem is, i rarely see them anyway cause theyre in a seperate building than us. I do put myself out there but at the same time I have social anxiety so it makes it hard for me. I've always clicked with Guys rather than girls and i like video games, maybe that just cause I've grown up surrounded by guys
Original post by CasuallyHeather
The problem is, i rarely see them anyway cause theyre in a seperate building than us. I do put myself out there but at the same time I have social anxiety so it makes it hard for me. I've always clicked with Guys rather than girls and i like video games, maybe that just cause I've grown up surrounded by guys

ah thats fair enough I understand that its hard especially since some guys seem very intimidating at first but we're all just humans at the end of the day and most of us are nice and just want a chat lol. If you like games then maybe add some ppl who play similar multiplayer games/mobas/shooters? eg I play pubg mobile with ppl from uni and added their mutual friends
Original post by ForestShadow
ah thats fair enough I understand that its hard especially since some guys seem very intimidating at first but we're all just humans at the end of the day and most of us are nice and just want a chat lol. If you like games then maybe add some ppl who play similar multiplayer games/mobas/shooters? eg I play pubg mobile with ppl from uni and added their mutual friends

Yeah i might do that! THANKS!!
Original post by hello_shawn
1) it's only college
2) college males are unlikely to want a serious relationship
3) your own career must come first

Ah ok, I'll take that into consideration

I don't think i want a serious one yet either
Get on the apps, take some nice photos.

Interest will come in about five minutes.
Original post by rockrunride
Get on the apps, take some nice photos.

Interest will come in about five minutes.

Thanks!!!
Be more confident in yourself, you could flirt with them.

You could also try online dating, doing speed dating, meeting men through social clubs, by going out in general.
Original post by Analyst89
Be more confident in yourself, you could flirt with them.

You could also try online dating, doing speed dating, meeting men through social clubs, by going out in general.

Thanks for the advice!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending